Options

Weekend Event 5/15/2015 Perez' Great Clothes Stars all week- Heck! Let'sParty!

Comments

• Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    OK, so Glu changed the gift box strategy again this weekend.

Last weekend, to gain the complete look for the girls, you had to spend at least 40 K Stars on opening an additional box (after the earned one) and be extremely lucky that the 1 box you chose to spend your K Stars on happen to contain the items to complete the outfit.

IMG_20150508_160337_zps4vfsebj3.jpg

This weekend Glu changed it to where, only two boxes will contained wardrobe items (the clogs and bracelet) until you win one or both.
    • If you win either the clogs OR bracelet, the earrings will be in the next set of gift boxes
    • if you win both the clogs AND bracelet the earrings and dress will be in the next set of gift boxes

Basically you have to win 2 gift box items before you even have a chance to win the dress.

very creative Glu...sneaky, but creative

TIP: if you open 3 boxes in one set, don't immediately open 3 more or you'll end up with one of those labia shirts.

After you open 3, complete a gig and then open more boxes. Never open back-2-back sets of gift boxes. This strategy has worked for me. If you try it and it works for you too, let us know.
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Omg DMV_Doll your shirt comment I need a shocked/ laughing emoticon! Thanks for the strategy, don't really have the kstars to try it out myself but it's cool you worked it out :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    OMG the ruffle shirt comment lmfao WoW!!!! Hahahahaha
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    Sorry, i don't know what's up with me an genitals 2day. I just read koko'so post and I feel bad for saying it now bcuz she really likes it.

My bad Koko

Andriod player
  • Options
    I wonder why they always offer those vs the rest of the things on the special boxes though..
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    A friend of mine got the dress from the free box. She always picks the best one :)

IvgbtyQ.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Hi! Welcome back! We're all just watching Trevor bring more girls, and more girls to the picnic. Where's the guys?
    Lol I'll make a new edit with some guys after I get home from school.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Lol I'll make a new edit with some guys after I get home from school.

Shoot. I don't mean to ask you to do that, school work is priority btw, but I don't mind seeing some :) Ehh what a hypocrite I am lol.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »
    A friend of mine got the dress from the free box. She always picks the best one :)

IvgbtyQ.png

Was it from her first try? So lucky! Where she at, I would fly to her to let her pick my boxes. My brother's really bad at it. Oh I make my brother do it sometimes so that I have someone to blame on "my" bad luck.
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Wait so it's stacked like that? Who cares about my horrid ruffled shirts, that's like Vegas. Did No One even have the dress available in the first palette? While mine did have the bracelets, I saw the earrings and the shoes I think? I ended up with one game bracelet, one game 50 Energy, and one game the blue dress.
    Anyway, I am so glad I didn't go looking for the dress. Of course I want it more now. lol. Just tell us how much you want for the outfit and let us buy it Please. Stop chopping it up and sticking it in stacked palettes
    I think I'll work for the bag and shoes hopefully. After all I have my purple-look-at-me-and-play-connect-the-freckles-see-through-lacy-racy-PURPLE-dress. Oh dear, it's ruffled on the bottom kinda. Guess that nails the Rach on this rachet Pamela Anderson looking tata showing ratchet outfit. I think it's time to open the bar. My counter isn't going up. I this I'm a wash out. lol.

Ok, Snap out of it Koko!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »

IvgbtyQ.png

I follow her on IG too, but she doesn't have the after pic right?

Everyone else I follow and here had the same senerio (below) for their first set of gift boxes

PhotoGrid_1431707504416_zpsc1berzxm.jpg

Did anyone else see the dress or earrings in their first set of gift boxes?

Andriod player
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    DMV_Doll wrote: »
    Sorry, i don't know what's up with me an genitals 2day. I just read koko'so post and I feel bad for saying it now bcuz she really likes it.

My bad Koko

I love that sentence, just love it. Fell out of my chair laughing. It was enough to hear about the hooha shirt in the first place, but you had to go and say this too. Lovely. If you eventually figure out what's up with you and genitals 2day, let us know. It's a boring day at work, anyway.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Re the Shirt: Not a problem dolls. I have no problem wearing my Labia Shirts proudly. Some people wear their hearts on their sleeve. I wear my Nice-to-meet-you right on my tatas. Tomato/Tohmato ya know.

Besides, as long as it's because it's trashy I have no problem with it. Would Nikki wear it? if it's a yes, It's good enough for me.

Oh and correction I didn't see the earring in any of my 3 games first boxes.

Who wants Nachos? I'm ordering out. My treat. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Was it from her first try? So lucky! Where she at, I would fly to her to let her pick my boxes. My brother's really bad at it. Oh I make my brother do it sometimes so that I have someone to blame on "my" bad luck.

I do that with my kids... I let them pick too except they suck too lol
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    Nachos sounds good... Although it's too early for me. I need a big breakfast numnumnum
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    Idk if the probability is different for the guys but I had all of the new weekend clothes except for the glasses in my first mystery box.
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Minne623 wrote: »

Oh! I need to do that! Maybe they will have better luck than me!

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    Minne623 wrote: »

Do you screw them over it lol, cuz I do with my brother in a joking manner of course.

I don't eat breakfast but I figure you might like rainbow pancakes for your breakfast.

IuCdXaL.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I want Nachos! And the pancakes too. :p

I once asked my brother to pick a box for me, but his luck is worse than mine. So I just pick the seventh box every time. That's my lucky number.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    The things we do with gift boxes.

My brother repeats and repeats in my ears: It's already pre-programmed.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I've been working all morning and my highest game has 46. Is this doable?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Do you screw them over it lol, cuz I do with my brother in a joking manner of course.

I don't eat breakfast but I figure you might like rainbow pancakes for your breakfast.

IuCdXaL.jpg

I want this for breakfast. And lunch, and dinner. Oh wow. I bet I'd be able to poo rainbows.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    anyone else think Perez looks odd at the events? like his body and head look off to me. Andre looked weird as well. i wonder if they have changed illustrators.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    I want this for breakfast. And lunch, and dinner. Oh wow. I bet I'd be able to poo rainbows.

Really..

iBnIm6a.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    I don't think the boxes are stacked like that. At least not all the time maybe. My free box had ALL 4 pieces in it. Of course I didn't pick one, but that's just my awful luck.
    Mindybunny, you're certainly entitled to you opinion, but can you tell me what is horrid about the ruffled blouses? I ask, because I'm a fan on throwing on the purple one with tight leggings, and running around like a hoochie mama. I think they make your frontal attributes look a little smaller, but what's wrong with ruffles? I'm asking sincerely because I don't want to run around like an NPC. Ya know? So if there is a general consensus about them, I always appreciate people opening my eyes to new points of view.

Oh, where do I start? Haha. I bought a blouse like that once and thought I was pretty cool. (It was not cheap!) I wore it once or twice and I was just so annoyed with it. It always felt like I had an extra appendage hanging off my chest and when I was at work, it was moving papers around on my desk as I moved, so I finally just gave it away. It really does not look bad in the game, I just have a lot of negative feelings associated with it. Sometimes my doll wears the red one with a pair of ripped jeans. lol

My other gripe with them is also with the bandage and lace dresses. I hate palette swaps as k star items. To me, k star items should be unique, and pallette swap items should be k cash. I don't want to spend k stars for the same dress 4 or 5 times. (I know, I don't have to have them all but I'm kind of OCD like that).

To summarize for the tl;dr crowd...
    5DA3735C-4BEB-47CA-9361-C95440B67ECC_zpsspoh3pqd.gif
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • Options
    mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    anyone else think Perez looks odd at the events? like his body and head look off to me. Andre looked weird as well. i wonder if they have changed illustrators.

I think it looks so off because everyone else in the game has their head at 3/4 profile and Perez's head is straight on. It looked really strange to me too.
    GC: redsoxxygal
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Mindybunny, that's a perfect clip. Good on you, having plenty of feelings! And I have to say that wearing ruffled things makes me feel like a child for some reason. I like clean lines, tailored suits. Not frills and frou-frous.

Nice Weapon of Choice, Koko! Great song, great Walken.

I just can't get myself hyped up to do this event. What's wrong with me? I think I'm dying for colorful warm weather stuff right now... Maybe that's my problem. And I haven't even claimed my gift boxes yet, because I almost don't wanna know what's inside.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options

IuCdXaL.jpg

That looks so yummy!! Thank you!

And of course I do, I'm like ohh whatever!!! Hahahah
    It's so dumb at times I'll close my eyes, like really!?!
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    It's time to bring some guys to this party. It was getting a little overrun with girls.
    image_zpskemtbd1e.jpg
  • Options
    Well, I coughed up stars, (Ok, don't blame me, Apple's voice is as shrill ....) anyway she got the bracelet (That was it, you know she didn't want an Android having something she doesnt) I broke even on a couple of boxes 40Stars, and when I hit the $4000 cash I stopped. Not saying what I spent, just saying I got the bracelet. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary