Options

Facebook Game can't use PhotoBooth?

mollybrownmollybrown Registered Users 65 Posts
I'm having trouble sharing images taken from the Photo-booth. I've tried adjusting my settings on both my Facebook account and in the game too. The game allows me to click "share", but when I visit my Facebook home page, nothing shows up. I've even looked in my photos.

Can anyone help me? I'm running out of ideas to try and fix it. :)
I play the iOS & Facebook game version of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood

ADD ME HERE: http://www.facebook.com/mollybrown0

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    That has never worked with me either. I work around it but saving the pics and posting them myself, but if anyone who's had success on this wants to chime in, please do.

BTW; What is your platform/device?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    My device is an Acer Aspire E5 series laptop and the operating system is Windows 8.1 :)

• Options
    I apologize, I didn't see it was Facebook, I thought you were just trying to share on FB. But, I'm very sorry, Facebook is the least stable platform, and one on one support is not available. There are a lot of issues in the Facebook platform, and I don't mean to sound flip, but if the only issue you have is not being able to share pics from the photobooth, while really annoying it's not interfering with your gameplay. I would just share the images manually. Take your picture, save it to your drive. Make your post in FB - upload your saved pic and it's out there.

Maybe it will work better after an update. FB is the one platform I'm not playing on, so I have no other advice for you. If someone else playing on Facebook has a better way than please feel free to share it here. I'm sorry I can't help more MollyB.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Koko!

It is a shame that you don't really know what you're going to get with the Facebook version, but like you said, it's not affecting my gameplay so far, touch wood. All I really wanted it for was to join in with other threads and be able to post pictures of my character and maybe upload on as my avatar on here.

I'm not sure how to save a photo to my PC though, I didn't think it was possible. Is there any icon I should click to get it to save to my computer?

• Options
    You said photobooth wasn't sharing the photos. When you click the button to take the picture in photobooth, it automatically saves somewhere. I don't know where it saves to on your computer, but if you look around you should find them. Screenshots you would save with printscreen. But photobooth pics save somewhere when you tap it to take the picture.

After the picture is taken (saved) the box pops open asking if you want to share it, i thought that is what the problem is, because you opened the thread with "I'm having trouble sharing" so.......if you've been tapping on the icon to take the photo, you probably have a whole run of pics you don't think you have.

Do you want to look into this and post more. We're going to have you sharing in no time. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I have been clicking the icon and it does give me the option to share the photo, which it doesn't seem to do. I assumed that it saved to my Facebook and not my computer. I have also looked everywhere that's possible on my laptop to see where they could have been saved, but I can't find any of the photo's anywhere at all, this is why I am so confused haha, it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I can take screenshots, but I usually find the quality of the photo isn't as good.

I have sent a ticket with a description of the issue, so I will just wait and see what they say. :D

• Options
    Hmmm. On iPad and Android, they save to pictures. Miss Obvious over here has to ask, Have you looked there? Of course you have. Now, why not run a windows serarch. Oh, go to you closet. take a few pictures, and it will ask about sharing, saying no. THen open windows explorer and select your c drive, and over in the search bar type in the date, and all the modified files should pop up, most recent on top. THis will show you if and where those photobooth shots were saved. Fingers crossed over here for yo. Puhlease come back and say "Found THem!" lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Alrighty, so I did what you said and I took screenshots too.

Step 1: I went into the photo booth, saved my image and clicked "no" when asked if I wanted to share.

KKH%201_zpshfv8zipc.png

Step 2: I searched through windows file explorer, and I searched through every single folder listed. Annnnd there was nothing. No picture files or anything. I checked recent places such as "downloads", but the folder was empty.

KKH%202_zps4xt5refs.png

Step 3: I double checked everything again, including my picture folder, but yeah you guessed it, nothing again. D:

So yeah I have searched high and low on my computer, but there is no trace of them. It is starting to sound like a bug of some sort. One thing I do know is that my brain has now run dry of ideas haha. Sorry about that Koko, your idea sounded so promising too, far better than what I could have thought of! :D

• Options
    Awww, I was so hopeful. I'm sorry. I thought for sure you're pictures were being saved on your latpop, but it sounds like another Facebook issue. I'll see if a different title might help get more responses. Ugh. Anyway you able to play on iOs or Android?

You can take you photo down. lol. Never put your stuff out there. Game screenshots are a different story, they're all the same.

I just really wish I could have helped more.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    That's okay, I really appreciate the suggestions you gave.

Unfortunately, I am not able to play using Android or iOS, my smartphone is Windows and it doesn't appear like Glu has put the game on the Windows Store. I was thinking of getting a new phone for my birthday or Christmas.

For now, I will wait for an update and then get back to you if the update has fixed the issue. Thanks Koko! :D

• Options
    mollybrown wrote: »
    That's okay, I really appreciate the suggestions you gave.

Unfortunately, I am not able to play using Android or iOS, my smartphone is Windows and it doesn't appear like Glu has put the game on the Windows Store. I was thinking of getting a new phone for my birthday or Christmas.

For now, I will wait for an update and then get back to you if the update has fixed the issue. Thanks Koko! :D

We're not done yet Molly. Ok, so you can't 'pictorialize' your game play using the photobooth, But......we can focus on the screenshot aspect. Do you use any graphic editing programs? With a screenshot and PhotoShop/ paintshoppro/ any other program it will be a little more involved, but you CAN have pics of your gameplay. I may not be able to make a game work, but i can certainly pull graphics out of screenshots. So, lets focus on a 'workaround' solution. If you have no editing program....no worries, you can do rudimentary editing in photobucket, and then share your pictures through them. You'd need a image hosting site anyway. t

I'll be in an out, so, when you're up and ready to think about this some more, tell me what you've got and we'll nail this thing down. ;) Happy Memorial Day
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I do have a couple editing software programs on my computer, although with one of them, I am waiting to pay for the full version (PaintTool SAI). I do have a photo editor called Pixlr which I use quite often.

At the moment, I'm just using MS Paint to remove the background. My goal was to create a really colourful background ombre rather than have the red carpet etc, but I need SAI to do that.

If you have any editing tips, please share! Digital artwork is more my thing and I was never really good at photography and editing haha. ;)

• Options
    Well, I have been using Paint Shop Pro for 10 years. Started with 7, couldn't do a thing, took some tutorial based lessons, and now 10 versions of PSP later, I do all right. Something takes me 5 minutes in PSP takes me 30 in PS. (Lessons for that too, but when you know you can do something faster and easier in PSP, I use that. Just for fun I'll go take a look at SAI and see if it's similar.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary