Options

Happy Anniversary Kim Kardashian: Hollywood!

VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
So we talked here in the forum in the last few days that today makes 1 year from the release of KKH game!

So to celebrate this fabulous game that has given us many joys, let's talk about our experiences with the game.

I'll start:
SgjnMhV.jpg?1

V. Vats taking advice with Kim in his beginning rise to fame.

I first heard about the game in July last year, the news said that the new game from Kim Kardashian would make millions by the end of the year and everyone was playing. As I’m fond of pop culture I decided to download the app to understand what it was about ... 5 minutes of tap tap tap and I was completely hooked.
Vh13t17.jpg?1

Simon acquired a new slave to his endless calls!

Looking back the gameplay was so primitive, even owning a car we had to pay the transport, there was no jet or gifts boxes and photobooth. Weekend events weren’t as frequent. Every update a new exciting novelty. I freaked out about the possibility of marriage and the comeback renewed my willingness to play.
Wrpca8E.jpg?1
Become famous is easy close to having to deal with Dirk Diamonds.

On a personal level the game encouraged me to change my eating habits and add a routine of physical activities in my life.Look at my avatar in perfect shape was the trigger. I lost 16 kg (35 lbs) and I'm so skinny that today my avatar has envy of me!
XiGjSAX.jpg?1

Leaner and blonder Bort approves it!

I would like to thank Glu for this so amazing and democratic game. I love the possibility to make myself the game’s protagonist as the way I am and the way I want to live. Looking ahead I’m very excited about the idea of having a baby in the game, eagerly awaiting Britney's game and wishing that one day a new long hair style for men to be added in the wardrobe!
Happy Anniversary Kim Kardashian Hollywood !!!!!!!!
Viva La Vida Á La Vats!

Comments

• Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    Love the tread, Vats. I started playing the game the day it was released and I've been addicted ever since.

I wish Glu would do something for the 1 year anniversary tho. Maybe we will have a weekend event for it this weekend.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    Happy Anniversary Kim Kardashian Hollywood !!!

image_zpsw3ozqhez.jpg
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I just wrote a load of stuff and it disappeared :D anyway I always love your threads Vats <3 #teamlongbradpitthair!

I started playing in July but restarted in August thinking I'd completed the game (at max 68M fans or something!). This was before all the updates! My character has my name and I tried to make her look as much like me as possible (although is nothing like really :D). The game got so much more fun when I found this forum - you guys are lovely and I love our fashion threads and also I didn't realise before the game is a lot more fun when you add people on GC! I hope there will be more awesome updates to come. Happy Anniversary KKH!

Started from the bottom
    image.jpg1_zps9pzfo2ab.jpg

Now we're here
    image.jpg1_zpsaam6jpko.jpg
    :D
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Great thread, Vats!

This game has been fun for many reasons, but I particularly love the weekend events and the social aspect! A long time ago, Jjewells made this gorgeous fan art of a bunch of us together. That was the final step in hooking me in for good! Gotta love a game that inspires people to model pixelated fashion and be ridiculous together!
    image.jpg1_zpsqdeyha2v.jpg

I initially started a girl game, right when the game launched, and I had the cool Halloween costume stuff, etc., but then I saw a gorgeous male NPC <who wanted to be nothing but a business contact, boo!> and suddenly I wanted to have a male doll that was reminiscent of him, and so I impetuously re-started and created my Stellan doll, who evolved to look different from that NPC, anyway. Then I got jealous at how much better the female fashions were, and I had to re-create my first girl doll too.

Happy Anniversary, KKH! Now please let me date Dan Simard, dammit.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Thank you guys!

This forum really changes our experience as players, I'm glad I found you guys!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Awesome thread, Vats! I love all the pics and stories!

I've been playing KKH since January, and found this forum soon after. I enjoyed the social aspect of it and seeing others love this crazy game as much as I do.

Shae in the beginning (oh yeah she totally got a nose job...*gasp*)

ecMBsRS.jpg

Her first marriage with special guest Kim K!

de1yii9.jpg

Meeting Jesse for the first time, going through a scandalous divorce & a quickie re-wed (dang she totally blinked at the camera flash!)

mA6Jpm2.jpg
    tLDj6tt.jpg

& a recent-ish pic for fun! Sorry about all the photos :p

psybQ3w.jpg
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    a whole year huh? i decided to download this last year because it seemed like everyone on my timeline was talking about it. i didn't think i'd like it because i wasn't a fan and it didn't sound like a guys type of game. to my surprise i was hooked pretty quick. i've never stuck with a mobile game this long.

this forum definitely has made it an even better time. it gives our little virtual selves a life of their own.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I only started playing this year mid February. I was searching up fashion games on appstore and found this game. I liked the game immediately because there was a voice talking to me! Usually in games its just the speech bubble but this one, it felt responsive and I liked it even though I don't know who she was then (no bashing!)

So I didn't know what a weekend event was, I didn't even know how to party and missed 1 or 2 party events. So I finally googled and found this forum. Made my gaming experience much better for sure!

First Kstar item I bought was my mohawk. No words can describe my love for it.

3yfNmqPl.jpg

After a month or 2 I actually got jealous of all the stuffs the guys were getting and so I created him on my android phone. That hairstyle is also his first Kstar item and he's never changed out of his cap, soon I promise!

NPUkG5Cl.jpg

By the way, I haven't got to experience the wedding feature yet! My female doll's first boyfriend was a GC friend but we broke off right before the wedding. I even paid for the dress and venue! Since then she's learned not to be faithful.

And so I'll be getting a new apple device soon, maybe I'll create another game...?

Happy Anniversary! :o:o:o
    PM to add
  • Options
    I'm crying about the nose job!

Alkoholiks you gave a perfect definition of how is attending the forum.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SabinaCSabinaC Registered Users 200 Posts
    tHE DOLL is sliced in half in this dress. Poor doll :D
    Julliette wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary Kim Kardashian Hollywood !!!

image_zpsw3ozqhez.jpg
  • Options
    Oh no, that's just Julliette's deal. She's a magician's assistant and often looks that way. No worries.

• Options
    My favorite KKH game event so far was definitely Halloween! We were able to earn 3 different costumes, were given Halloween giftboxes for almost all of October, and there were actually people out on the streets dressed in their little Halloween costumes.
  • Options
    Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
    I started playing the game in June of last year... It's definitely gotten so much better and like Vats pointed out I rename being so annoyed when I spent all my hard earned money on a car and still had to pay to get around hahahaha... The events where once in a while and no such thing as daily gift boxes.
    I'm excited to see what else is going to happen with the game!
    And on this pic I'm wearing my favorite hair and the first K item I bought and then after I bought this dress, which is also another favorite of mine
    IMG_9775_zpsc999e84a.jpg

Oh and on Friday night I tweeted this
    FullSizeRender_zpsbf0eb7a5.jpg

And Perez Hilton favorited, though it was cute ;)

FullSizeRender_zpsd7c93b15.jpg
    GC Minne622
  • Options
    Who knew that fame really come through the game!

DMV first and now you Minne!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I started playing when Kourt and Khlo joined the fun. Now seriously, I have no idea what made me download this app. I barley knew Kim before, and seeing the avatar of Kris Jenner on the game's poster I was like, who's she? Actually that break the internet thing she did made me go check her Facebook page and there I saw a post related to KKH ;)

And now, I'm so obsessed with the Kardashians, I've started watching their show, following them on Instagram, keeping up whatever they do, I can now say I'm a fan!

I fell in love with the script of the game. Before that, I only use to play games on PlayStation. This is the only mobile game I've ever played, and actually spent my money on. Man I never thought I'll make in-app purchases, but it was irresistible. Those witty dialogues throughout and the whole scenario, a chance encounter with a famous person changes your entire life, loved it.

And with the recent additions, ALT and Perez, it's like I'm actually living a life in Hollywood! So realistic :)

I admit, this game has changed me, especially this forum. It's been such an overwhelming experience. I'm a private person, I don't socialize with people at all, just do my thing and I'm out. I came here with a query, but the response I received on that post from Moony, Luz and Noona was concerning. I was hooked, posted pictures, started a conversation with them. I made new friends. The ambiance here, and of course now there's a Hookah bar, I'll never leave this place. :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    SabinaC wrote: »
    tHE DOLL is sliced in half in this dress. Poor doll :D

Ohhh!!! I didn't saw that detail!!! It looks kind of creepy :D but as Luz said, i have a passion @ magicians and i offer myself as an assistant sometimes lol
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • Options
    MkloveMklove Registered Users 275 Posts
    And Kim is pregnaaaannntttt!!!
  • Options
    EternalLoveEternalLove Registered Users 46 Posts
    HappyAnniversary and congrats to Kim on baby #2 😄
  • Options
    Mklove wrote: »
    And Kim is pregnaaaannntttt!!!
    this would be a great time to release the baby updatee (but it'll probably end up happening later in the week)

I'm still kinda convinced we're only gunna be able to have one baby, but we will prob have to keep it even if we get a divorce. But I guess we will see sooon.
  • Options
    KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I've started playing on July 1st, I think... I remember I had just finished my term, passed all the exams and was checking for new games in the AppStore and saw KimKHollywood. I opened it and started playing and got addicted rightaway! I think the game is really funny and pretty and it is always nice to play and participate in weekend events and win prizes. I love visiting this forum too, the people are very lovely and it's always nice to share your game experience with someone who enjoys it just like you do!

Fun fact: when I was given an opportunity to give my doll a name, I wanted to name her Megan and make her a cartoon version of Megan Fox. But the game was kinda glitchy back in the day, so my character was stuck with the name "M". :D
    When they made it possible to change names, I went to Maria's office and found myself unwilling to change it, I was too attached to it lol :)

before
    de1i84.jpg

after!

71jiuf.jpg
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Options
    I'm enjoying reading the stories, I can really relate to what you say guys!

And it's beautiful to see how the forum's flowers blossomed!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Nice thread Vats!

Happy Aniversary KKH!

So I started the game about 2 weeks after the release date, and since then I had an on and off relationship with the game. I would delete it one month and then the next month I would get it again.
    But since the last restart (due to device changes) I have kept the game going pretty consistently.

I found this forum around October last year, and after reading it for like ages, I finally made an account here in March. The forum really does add life to our charecters, and makes it all the more appealing and fun. Here we can connect with people who share our love for the game.

Here she is on her rise to stardom!
    IMG_3018_zpsa6w5ntwz.jpg
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    Well there was already an anniversary thread here...but anyway they are going to celebrate and I'm sure something will be done for the players as stated in their interview here. I mean why wouldn't they?
  • Options
    I like how Vats had a slightly different idea with this new thread, though: he focused it about people's experiences playing. That's been fun to read... Hope people post more stories!

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    My post must have been missed, Hi Hoodstar9, the first thread was for anticipation of the update, what we hoped would happen in the update, etc. This is a "Thanks for the Memories of the Past Year Glu". If you think someone started a thread erroneously, or that they should be merged, or any other concerns, please PM me and I'll look into it. Don't get your hands dirty. :) That's what I'm here for. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Thanks for posting this vid. Kim was in San Francisco for the winners of the meet Kim KKH contest. She did mention the anniversary is this month.

Does Glu normally celebrate individual game anniversaries anyway? I didn't play Stardom or any other Glu game prior to KKH.

Either way it's Glu's anniversary. Happy Anniversary Glu.

PhotoGrid_1433295374344_zpsonqkl12b.jpg

My apologies in advance if this post doesn't belong in this particular anniversary thread.
    hoodstar9 wrote: »
    Well there was already an anniversary thread here...but anyway they are going to celebrate and I'm sure something will be done for the players as stated in their interview here. I mean why wouldn't they?
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    It's ok DMV thanks for the info!

I hope that the anniversary be them, but we do get gifts !!!!

Happy Anniversary Glu!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!