Options

Weekend Event 6/05/2015 Babies are here, How 'bout some Showers?

12346Next

Comments

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Well I ended up finishing the entire event even though I didn't care if I didn't get the dress. The Rents event gave soooo many rattles at completion, like 60 or 70? So I've now got the couch dress :P
    iOS
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    AliBryant wrote: »
    Well I ended up finishing the entire event even though I didn't care if I didn't get the dress. The Rents event gave soooo many rattles at completion, like 60 or 70? So I've now got the couch dress :P

Congrats! That is great to hear.

I like the dress...reminds me of 1970s hippie dresses, early Stevie Nicks or something.
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Holy **** It's 3am in Cali & I have to get up at 7am but guess what? Hell yeah! I don't care if I have carpal tunnel syndrome, and that my neck hurts, or that I haven't brushed my teeth since I woke up this morning because I finally won. *woot!*

i just wanted the hair and I didn't care much for the dress because it sort of reminds me of upholstery cover. I didn't know The prizes were won in sequence so I was hella mad when I got the huge yellow diaper bag first because just to even win that took two hours long. But then when the hair came I was so stoked.

I'd like to thank Contagiousloveee! Girl, I almost cried when you gifted me all that stuff. Omg. I been dying for that ring and the jacket & shirt, and these fabulous hooker boots I'm sporting. Thanks!!! And thank you, Polka Dot... I love those earrings! I was trying to gift y'all but dam you girls bought the entire KKH wardrobe lol!

Oh oh how I aspire to be you girls. You ladies are my idols. Thanks!!!!*group hug*

4gr90y.jpg

ok, I'm tired. I'm finna sleep now. Zzzzzzzz.........
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Finally got the hair this morning. I was really surprised that the final Rents episode spits out rattles 2x. I have no motivation or desire to try for the dress. So, I will happily relax the rest of today.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    Dating and party events were always my favorites because I had bigger chances of finishing the event, but now that they've made these dumb unnecessary changes to the parties AND raised the points needed for the items, I don't even feel like playing anymore. I'm like 50 points away from getting the hair, so I won't bother going after the dress because I'd literally need to spend the next 24 hours tapping my phone the entire time. Congrats to those who have already finished the event.
    I understand that Glu makes money off the people that have $5k to spend every month on this game, but I don't think enough of those players exist compared to the people that spend some real $$$ here and there or play obsessively without spending real money. If Glu keeps making changes like this, I think eventually people will just feel discouraged and forget about the game.
    Now I'm tempted more than ever to just use one of those hacks. Putting my entire life on hold to spend an obscene amount of time on a game that can disappear from one day to another just doesn't sound appealing to me.:confused:

Hi PizzaParty, I feel your frustration. my frustration was in the gift box items. I went as far as the gift box and stopped trying. I have a huge aversion to yellow. So the diaper bag, while I'd have loved it in another color....yellow doesn't work for me. I tried my best, spent a lot of stars for the shoes, but they were very elusive. I didn't get one bonus item, so after spending too much on 3 games I just said, I'm done. I spent the time dating more, One device can't afford the baby, so she's dating up her spouse.

I have the perfect Sunday morning song for the event thread. Allow me, turn it up and be happy.

Ready for breakfast Dolls? Help yourself.

seven.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    pizzaparty I totally agree with everything you said, Koko that breakfast looks soo good, and Zoyechka you look lovely! :D I'm just glad I didn't like the dress this time around, I hope next time glu will relent and fix some of these changes that are making events more difficult. Halloween event was the best, but if not hope for at least a compromise.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Ohh, I would LOVE some of that fruit and yoghurt!

Lucy thanks for being 1st to post in the Message Board thread! :D
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    After the storm, finally appeared the rainbow!
    I7MeSyA.jpg?1

And I managed to reach the pot of gold, but left the black cap there!
    R8YNSAE.jpg?1

Congratulations to all who managed to complete the event or pick up the items you wanted.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Man that gig make or break me. If it wasn't for finishing that series of gigs I wouldn't have the hair.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Ohh, I would LOVE some of that fruit and yoghurt!

Lucy thanks for being 1st to post in the Message Board thread! :D

Thanks PolkaDot it was a cool idea! Well done Vats everyone looks great :)
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    So I saved up 40 kstars and decided to try opening a box...aaand no luck. Got a boring bag. *sigh* I guess no boosters for me. The shoes and dress weren't in either of my boxes, and the prizes were the same in both: hair, bag, blue dress, white bag. Ugh.

image.jpg1_zpscmghmcgm.jpg
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Ah, looks like I may get the couch dress after all! I have about 130 points left and I have to complete the last rents thing. And 3M more fans til I'm an A lister again, yay! Will be nice to be "known" again.

Shae is on extensive hormone therapy to try to conceive! A little more than 2k love points to go. I'm so ready for a Shae/Jesse baby :)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    So I saved up 40 kstars and decided to try opening a box...aaand no luck. Got a boring bag. *sigh* I guess no boosters for me. The shoes and dress weren't in either of my boxes, and the prizes were the same in both: hair, bag, blue dress, white bag. Ugh.

Oh my god isn't it just the worst! I did exactly the same thing only twice in a row! 80kstars gone forever. If only it was one of the other gift clothing items like the dresses or the pant suit outfit thing
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    Eselletea wrote: »
    Ah, looks like I may get the couch dress after all! I have about 130 points left and I have to complete the last rents thing. And 3M more fans til I'm an A lister again, yay! Will be nice to be "known" again.

Shae is on extensive hormone therapy to try to conceive! A little more than 2k love points to go. I'm so ready for a Shae/Jesse baby :)

That's it Eselle, focus!

I know you can get it all!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options

No way! Two weeks ago I bought the 220 pack of kstars and spent them all plus some I had saved on gift boxes, and I won that same blue dress and white bag! And apart from that it was all energy and cash, I didn't win any bonus clothing. After that I vowed never to spend money on the game again, so you see glu it doesn't encourage spending long term quite the opposite :D
  • Options
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    No way! Two weeks ago I bought the 220 pack of kstars and spent them all plus some I had saved on gift boxes, and I won that same blue dress and white bag! And apart from that it was all energy and cash, I didn't win any bonus clothing. After that I vowed never to spend money on the game again, so you see glu it doesn't encourage spending long term quite the opposite :D

I feel exactly the same way, after having gotten useless stuff with my kstars, and feeling ripped off...I'm not buying any anymore. I'll just wait and see what happens next.

@Lyanna (Stark? :D ) yeah it's so annoying...especially because the stuff was the same :( I really wanted the white dress!
  • Options
    I feel sorry for you guys.

I wanted as much the beige jacket of the boxes this weekend, but I don't dare to bet my k-stars.

Maybe one day Glu launches a version in all white of that jacket in the wardrobe for my happiness.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same way, after having gotten useless stuff with my kstars, and feeling ripped off...I'm not buying any anymore. I'll just wait and see what happens next.

@Lyanna (Stark? :D ) yeah it's so annoying...especially because the stuff was the same :( I really wanted the white dress!

Yes, Stark! Haha big thrones fan. I really wanted it too! After four attempts though I wasn't going to continue, I did manage to get the Hermes Berkin bag and the hair with the hat although it doesn't go with many outfits!

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    This forum is full of GoT fans.

Is Val a reference to the wildling princess from books?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Vats wrote: »
    This forum is full of GoT fans.

Is Val a reference to the wildling princess from books?

Haha, no, actually I used to play World of Warcraft and because of my character's name everyone there called me Val, so it stuck. At one point I'm sure if someone called "Val!" on the street I would have turned around.
    But nice catch! I remember seeing her name and thinking "hah!"

By the way I heard that GRRM is going to focus on Winds of Winter and has cancelled a bunch of appearances in order to work! Which gives me hope that the books won't be spoiled by the series. (Something that made me really angry because I don't watch the show)
    Lyanna wrote: »
    Yes, Stark! Haha big thrones fan. I really wanted it too! After four attempts though I wasn't going to continue, I did manage to get the Hermes Berkin bag and the hair with the hat although it doesn't go with many outfits!

BIRKIN, gurl! Know your fashions.

I hope we get some Lyanna and Rhaegar flashbacks in the coming books, they're such interesting characters!
  • Options
    Haha, no, actually I used to play World of Warcraft and because of my character's name everyone there called me Val, so it stuck. At one point I'm sure if someone called "Val!" on the street I would have turned around.
    But nice catch! I remember seeing her name and thinking "hah!"

By the way I heard that GRRM is going to focus on Winds of Winter and has cancelled a bunch of appearances in order to work! Which gives me hope that the books won't be spoiled by the series. (Something that made me really angry because I don't watch the show)

BIRKIN, gurl! Know your fashions.

I hope we get some Lyanna and Rhaegar flashbacks in the coming books, they're such interesting characters!

Haha my mistake! You know what I meant though girlfriend!

I hope so they are very cool characters such a fascinating history. I've only read the first two books so far but I do absolutely love the series

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    Somehow, I finished this event. I didn't plan on it, but it happened. It wasn't too enjoyable, though. I wasn't tapping too much, so that's good. I kind of like the yellow bag with other outfits. I hate the dress.
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I stopped when I got the hair. Also, Kim hasn't called me for the shower yet :(
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Got it Val!

Believe Charli, not worth it!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Bee7Bee7 Registered Users 88 Posts
    I pretty much stopped at the hair too. That was hard enough. And the dress looks like curtains in a retirement home... not so hot.
    I do like party events though! Lotsa fans!
    GC: BaiBeeM

G+ : BaileyM
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.