Options

Farewell to my doll

MarikitaMarikita Registered Users 95 Posts
This will surely be to most useless thread of this forum, but I want to share my farewell to my doll with you all!!
I've bought a new phone and I discovered that I cannot transfer the game data to the new phone.. both samsung galaxy.. I've waited 6days, but I can't keep playing on two phones and Glu Support doesn't reply to me.. so..
Farewell to my doll Marikita and to her hubby James Harris. They were about to have a baby.. but it doesn't matter anymore.. Farewell to the 1750 purchased Kstars.. :( Farewell...

2d6pelz.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    If they are both Samsung Galaxy phones the game should transfer.. The only time it doesn't is when it's different platforms i.e iOS to android... I don't have an android so I wouldn't be any help but you might want to wait at least today to see if someone here can help you with transferring the game before you start all over..
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok, Hold on. I switched devices in Android and it worked. Maybe I can help? What is the status of KK:Hollywood on the new device?

When you got your new phone, did you set it up with all the same account info? Google+, GooglePlay? If your old device has your game, chances are it's not set to save to the google servers. If you hang on, I'll find a detailed post I made, and lets's try and bring new life to Markita.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I did everything i've read on the forum.. and it seems, since the baby update, transferring game it's no more possible for android..
    :(
    I'm so sad..
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm sorry about this situation Marikita.

And it's not a useless thread, we're here to share all kinds of moments from good to bad.

I hope this comfort you some way, but I'm hoping that somehow everything works for you.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Thank you all!
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Oh no I'm sorry - I hope you can save your game. If it comes to it can you keep your old phone just for KKH?? Or you could have two games :) (although with current difficulty that might be tricky!)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    They had some glitches due to the baby update and then a ton of glitches with the San Fransisco update so I know glu tech support has been dealing with that. Still, there has to be a way to transfer your data from one Samsung to another. Let Kokonuy help you! She uses the android platform too and is excellent at getting answers from glu.

Holly
    Marikita wrote: »
    I did everything i've read on the forum.. and it seems, since the baby update, transferring game it's no more possible for android..
    :(
    I'm so sad..
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    Oh no I'm sorry - I hope you can save your game. If it comes to it can you keep your old phone just for KKH?? Or you could have two games :) (although with current difficulty that might be tricky!)

I still have the glu folder on my pc, but I really can't keep 2 phones cos I play on my tab too.
    I just hope Glu Support could do something.. at least for my purchases!!
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I still have the glu folder on my pc, but I really can't keep 2 phones cos I play on my tab too.

Yes I hope so too, dw worry we'll figure something out (well not me I have the worst technical advice ever but Koko and Alkoholiks and others know a lot :))
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    Hi. This is what I was looking for: Basically, I wanted to give you the directions to set the old game to save to the server. So read this, but before you start to do it, please explain more what's been going on with the game on the new phone. Because I want to make sure we're not missing something. Oh, after you set the old game to save to the server, you should set the new device to Automatic restore.
    Let me try and help you get to the Settings on your old device, so you can hopefully save that game to the server. After that is set, I would boot up the old game on your old device, (you've already changed settings and closed down,) while that game is open and in play,
    then you should uninstall on the new device.
    Reinstall on the new device, and Fingers crossed the new device will have a box giving you a choice between device A and Device B. Just be so careful to choose the old device data. It should be Device B, that will list your old level, old $$ etc. Device A will list either brand new stats (Pretty much the level and cash and energy of a newb) or the stats for the game previously on your new device. Anyway, make sure you choose the stats you want to go on with in the game. Choose that device, close your eyes, think good thoughts as it loads and then hopefully it will open to your old game on your new device.

Now about the settings: I'm going to suggest you set the old device to Save to the google servers, and set the new device NOT to save to the google servers. You don't want to go through all this and have your new undesirable game save over the old game.

Now hang on while I grab the instructions for setting it to save manually.

Go to Settings:
    Accounts
    Backup Options/Backup and Reset
    Backup and Restore - you now choose whether to save to the Google Servers

Here's a picture: This shows NOT saving to the google Servers.
    To save, you reverse it. Read on. :)
    Settingsthang_zpsrttv0a7d.jpg

See where mine was set to automatic? THat's how it is from factory. You must get to that page and tap the top choice "Back Up My Data"

so, to paraphrase, on the old phone open your game. Make sure it's there. Go into settings, tell it to Back up. Go back into your game and play.

Then - on the new device make sure you are set for the automatic, like the picture, do NOT tell this one to save to Google. Now reinstall the game on the new phone, (delete it first) and then my Choose your device popup should be there and follow that advice,

And while I don't know how this turned out with Hoodstar9, I was able to help someone else transfer and android game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    Hi Marikita!

I hope you don't have to start all over!

Try what Koko says, I think that will work since it helped out so many other people:D
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options

Hi. If my posted transfer info doesn't work, and you need to just start a new game, if you made any purchases in the StarShop (Stars or K$) they can be restored by our friends in Customer Care.

Now I'm really hoping the transfer goes well.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi. If my posted transfer info doesn't work, and you need to just start a new game, if you made any purchases in the StarShop (Stars or K$) they can be restored by our friends in Customer Care.

Now I'm really hoping the transfer goes well.

I've tried three or four times, but no choosing box for me..I remember when I installed the game in my tab, even if i used another fb account games were always sync and I always had to choose between device A and device B and I had to set another google account to separate them.. But no choosing box now, and the game is automatically logged in the correct google and fb accounts!
    ��