Options

Weekend Event 7/17/2015 - Sizzling Summer Star Studded Spectacular

Comments

• Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I think we are receiving more stars and better bonus stars than what we've received in a while. It's part of why I paid attention and created the list I put on here (and updated as I opened the gift boxes and earned bonuses).

It's still tough to get to 600 but I think more people will make it this time. What I find tough is that there's no reward between 300 and 600. We've earned three things by the time we reach 300 but then have to earn 300 more points to earn one more thing. I wish there was something at 450, perhaps even something as simple as another free gift box pick.

I am just on my way to get the hair. Since I got the necklace and there's nothing else that matches with it, I may try to get the dress.
    Your lists have been helping me, too, so thank you for putting them here!
    I opened an extra gift box which gave me the eyes, so that boosted my chances even further.
    On top of everything I finally reached my second comeback and I started it right away. It does help to have those extra bolts and the action, plus the new clothes.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Congratulations on the 2nd comeback. Now, who's good at math? Apple P just hit 256 points. If I continue to grind....will I get the dress? Mathematically speaking of course. Next up for motivation..................Anyone still sleeping..........the game is calling. Wakeup, tap out, fix some caffeine and scrounge for the 2nd round of energy. Talk about energy? Who'd a thought sweetie pie T-Swizz could reach in and pull out her inner B? Yeah, I'm teasing I knew she had the dark side. I see it whenever she flashes the crazy eyes. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NoonaluvfoodNoonaluvfood Registered Users 1,252 Posts
    I am up and about 100 points from the hair. I really want the hair and I know I am get it today, but the dress Hmm I will have to see about that, while I like it, it's also ok to me so yeah..I just want to finally win everything from one weekend.
    Sometimes you just have to roll with it.:cool:
    Feel free to PM :)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    Agh oh how I wish the 4k cash wasn't in the gift boxes! The first gift box I opened I got 4k. Later on last night I decided to use my preciously earned 40 k stars to open another but oh- what is this? 4000 cash. Yay. Ok better luck next time. Woke up after my 4 hr nap and decided to try again, fingers crossed, was debating with which one I should click on (I divide them by 8, top row is box 1-4, bottom row is box 5-8) debated whether I should pick box 7 or box 3 since I had the most luck with those. Settled on box 3, 4k cash. And guess what box 7 was? The hair. *Internal screaming*
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Oh, I'm sorry about that. I got the 4000 cash too. It's such an insult really except, if it's a dating Weekend, then the 4K would come in handy.

Noona, that hair will look great on you. One game won the eyes, and omg do I want them for the ipad game at least.

Angie....Noona, Now that we've kicked up the energy level and you guys are up and invigorated, here's a little image of sweetness, to think of each time the event throws you for a a loop the weekend.
    sleepy-kitty_zpsleaxcguv.gif

Ok, truth? I have no plan. I just needed to pop the kitten in there.

And the weekly tradition of putting up the Moony Signal. I feel confient he'll see it one day and come back. lol.

MoonySigna3l_zpshsif0oqh.jpg

Come back Moony. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I know just how you feel, Angie! I made a few ill-advised attempts at the gift box dress last night, and won more of those drawstring purses and more energy. Yaaaaay? <I say it was a bad idea because I only want one more item, and the chances of one item appearing out of so many "bad" choices seems pretty unlikely. Also, over this entire weekend, the dress has only been in my palette of boxes once! What's the deal with that? Love that netting overlay! Sigh>
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Well, I miss Moony too, but was more wishing to have this guy resurrect somehow.
    c6a51c63-3a9a-4dfd-ab0e-a144f9c01a87_zpsddsvkhyh.jpg

Love ya, Jedi.
    I mean, the lights are on, with no one home. And no teeth.
    Wah.

• Options
    I hope GLU uses my suggestion of creating a store in the Mall of Dubai for all of the weekend event purchases, then I would be so heartbroken about those eyes..

Oh well I want that hair and darn it I am going to get it!!

Also I love the kitten Koko, baby animals always make me smile;)

I am sure moony will come back in his own time and way:)

GC: Hey guys can't add any friends, I have to work out an issue I am having with accepting friend requests on GC. Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    Lgordon19Lgordon19 Registered Users 107 Posts
    Ugh. Morning again.
    Time to ease into the day...
    [video=youtube_share;mZnRe6e20xE]http://youtu.be/mZnRe6e20xE[[/video]
    Stellan Eklund on GC: lgordon19
    Add me!
  • Options
    But once you're up...
    [video=youtube_share;FKgxdfYkjbc]http://youtu.be/FKgxdfYkjbc[/video]

Hey, where's my cereal gone off to? Who ate the last of my Frankenberry? And my Count Chocula, too? That's cold...
    Add me!
  • Options
    Angie7680Angie7680 Registered Users 178 Posts
    Thanks Koko the cute kitten somewhat made me feel better:) ah I wouldn't mind energy, anything to help me finish the event. At least I'm 95 points away from the hair, I'll try aim for the dress but I doubt I'll get it in time. I only finished the whole event once when Kyle and Kendall were introduced in the game, I felt so proud but since then I never finished the event fully. I guess the 4k could come in handy to treat my husband to a nice bottle of expensive wine, or I could use it to buy that yacht I've been saving up for. Either way every thing has its' pros and cons. in about 10 years time we wouldn't even have remembered how angry we were for not getting a pair of virtual eyes:)
    I’m just here to steal your outfits and your wine

• Options
    How's the grind going, everybody? Hope people will keep showing off their fine selves today!

Happy Saturday! Let's see your prizes...
    Add me!
  • Options
    Angie7680 wrote: »
    ...in about 10 years time we wouldn't even have remembered how angry we were for not getting a pair of virtual eyes:)

Well, I may still remember that I wasn't even offered a new pair of eyes! I want more guy stuff in the game! Come on Glu! Where's the Kanye's Picks?
    Add me!
  • Options
    Does the morning not agree with you stellan?

I'm good just have a bunch of 8 hour gigs to plow through...

Also woke up this morning to find that you and me are now a couple..hhhmmm I hope Luz and AppleP won't claw me for this O.o

• Options
    Oh, this day is looking up, then! I don't think they'll do much about it, especially since you keep the parties so perfectly-catered! Good food goes such a long way in keeping the peace...

I'm not generally such a morning person, no. But I had to see what people are up to around here. Also, a certain baby began crying and it took me awhile to figure out which one of exactly three things she was looking for.

Now I have to go check you out. Be bright back!
    Add me!
  • Options
    Oh man, Noona, I can't even find you in my game! Am I still in yours? This is a bummer.

Well, at least I finally made Pilar happy. She wanted to be a ballerina again today!
    115bcb07-622a-4ded-82d6-ad87e8ede9ae_zpsizg4zenn.jpg
    Add me!
  • Options
    You are still in my game Stellan.

Lol, true food does go a long way

Pillar is adorable as a ballerina, I can see why she wanted to dress up like that.

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Congratulations on the 2nd comeback. Now, who's good at math? Apple P just hit 256 points. If I continue to grind....will I get the dress? Mathematically speaking of course. Next up for motivation..................

Yes you will. You earned 250 points at about half time, you'll probably earn another 250 points by the time event ends. You still need 100 points to get the dress. But fret not, after the 300 point mark, you're getting more points for each gig. Plus, the special gigs gives lots more bonus points so the 100 points you need are settled. (Maybe, just maybe you need to put in effort to complete 1 or 2 gigs at the end) Happy grinding :)
    PM to add
  • Options
    You are still in my game Stellan.

Lol, true food does go a long way

Pillar is adorable as a ballerina, I can see why she wanted to dress up like that.

Hmm. Maybe I just don't recognize the name as I should. Could you please pm me your in-game name? I was looking for your face, but there's a good-size bunch of friends now, and I missed you...
    Add me!
  • Options
    SayuSayu Registered Users 90 Posts
    Happy with the new look - new hair & lips + dyed hair pink ^^
    Look how happy my little Katia is for her mommy :D I also wanted to share with you guys how weird it looks to hold your baby while wearing the huge yellow bag insp by Kourt xD
    IMG_20150718_172818_zpslljmr6fv.jpg
  • Options
    Ok I sent you the PM, hopefully you can find me now:p

I hope everyone is getting a great start to their grinding!

• Options
    Oh dear, I've realized that I look terrible in the new lips! Kinda looks like I'm all swollen up, post lip-filler injections or something! Why do they look so good on DMV and everyone else, and so bad on me? And this is by far the best color for them, too...
    955b488f-978a-478c-911f-34f3e6451f44_zpstadaugsj.jpg

Quack, quack!
    1a1bfa7d-53b3-4c92-97ed-31ce4524e3bd_zpsm0xfxefx.jpg

Well, I guess you can't win every one, and this has been a fantastic weekend for prizes, no matter what.

And maybe if my eyes were more natural-looking, it'd go better...

• Options
    Sayu wrote: »
    Happy with the new look - new hair & lips + dyed hair pink ^^
    Look how happy my little Katia is for her mommy :D I also wanted to share with you guys how weird it looks to hold your baby while wearing the huge yellow bag insp by Kourt xD
    IMG_20150718_172818_zpslljmr6fv.jpg

You guys are gorgeous, Sayu! And that's definitely one blissful baby! Very nice.

• Options
    Okay now! I found this beautiful creature wandering around in my house, Noona, so I really hope this is you! I don't see any variation of your forum name in my game, but the other name is there, with a ":D" following it. Awesome. I have you back again! And you look great in the Kylie lips, unlike some duck-looking folks.
    image.jpg1_zpsvup0br4a.jpg
    Add me!
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Luz you're faboulous with those lips ok, as everyone else!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I don't know Vats, but you're very sweet.

Here's the best I can make it, I think.
    3aa3e970-f33f-424f-9c1e-994429ec973b_zps6rztkmhk.jpg
    A slightly more alluring duck.

How's your event going, Vats?

• Options
    Believe me my friend I would not let you go through ridiculous, besides ducks are cute!

Hmm I don't know I've got the 90s nerd hair, but am far from the shirt!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I don't know Vats, but you're very sweet.

Here's the best I can make it, I think.
    3aa3e970-f33f-424f-9c1e-994429ec973b_zps6rztkmhk.jpg
    A slightly more alluring duck.

How's your event going, Vats?

But you look so cute, Luz. I really like those nude lips on you. I just take some time to get used to it, I didn't like my new hair and either the lips, but now I think they look so good.
  • Options
    kkh.isabellagracekkh.isabellagrace Registered Users 108 Posts
    Lgordon19 wrote: »
    Oh man, Noona, I can't even find you in my game! Am I still in yours? This is a bummer.

Well, at least I finally made Pilar happy. She wanted to be a ballerina again today!
    115bcb07-622a-4ded-82d6-ad87e8ede9ae_zpsizg4zenn.jpg

That's the cutest baby I've ever seen. I have no words to describe how beautiful she is.
  • Options
    Are you feeling better Isabella?

I'm hungry, I'll eat lunch today is turkey hearts!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!