Options

New update not downloading?

theloraxthelorax Registered Users 78 Posts
I recently tried to download the latest update for the game through the app store (I play on an iTouch) and it's not happening. When I tapped on the "Update" button, it completely vanished and has since transformed into a constantly spinning circle on the more detailed page for the game that that button can send you to. It's not downloading at all and I can't access the game anymore. There's nothing wrong with my WiFi connection and my device is fully updated so I'm at a loss as to what the problem is. I've already sent a ticket to Glu but am curious if this is happening to anyone else?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    have you tried closing all open apps, shutting down and rebooting? Do you have enough space? Are you still able to play the unupdated game? Last night it took 4 tries before one device would download and install, the other two went smooth as silk.

Sorry this is happening. We have to get you to the Jersey Shore. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I have tried shutting down and restarting a few times. It doesn't seem to have helped and I don't think it's a space issue as my iTouch is of the 64GB variety and last I checked, I still had plenty of space left on it. I can't play the game at all, unupdated or not. Nonetheless, thanks for replying. I would like to go to the Jersey Shore. :)
  • Options
    So, I still haven't had any success with getting the update to download and I'm still waiting to hear back from Glu but I have noticed something new about this issue. My iPod seems to think that I'm trying to purchase something from the game whenever I try to download the new update as a notification saying something like "Unable to complete purchase" will sometimes appear after I try to download it again. There doesn't seem to appear to be any order to the notifications as their timing is completely random. I'm just posting this in case anyone else is experiencing the same issues. I really hope this can be resolved soon.
  • Options
    So, Glu finally replied to my email yesterday and I'm still at a complete loss as to what caused me to have this issue or how to fix it. Even though I specifically said in my email that I was unable to access the game at all, I was told that in order to receive help, I had to submit an in-game ticket which doesn't help me at all.

I had to uninstall and redownload the game and it seems to be working fine and the Jersey Shore is included as a location even though I had to start over.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry this happened thelorax. If you made any purchases from the StarShop or Special offers then Customer Care can help you restore those itunes/google play purchases.

Do you have your game set to save to the iCloud? If you set it to save, then if this ever happens again there is a chance (only a chance, a lot of things have changed since the last iOS update) that you might be able to get the current game back. You go into settings and have to do it manually. If you need to know how to get there to do it, let me know and I'll trace it back on my iPad.

But thelorax, lovely to get you to the Jersey Shore. And very nice to meet you. ;)

Edited to add: Now that you have a new game, please go to Options/help and you'll see your Hollywood ID# Please copy it down, put it in a few safe places. If you ever can't get back into your game, and you have this id#, you can contact Customer Care from Help on the website, include your game ID, and they might be able to go in and fix your game. I'm willing to bet, not being able to supply the ID for that game, is why they couldn't help you. It's not a guarantee that with the number they can fix it, but at least you have a chance. That number is like gold.

(now I'm off to take my own advice and make note of my IDs. ) :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    It's nice to meet you too kokokokonut and thank you for all of your advice. I looked up what my game ID was and have it stashed in a couple of places now in case I ever need it.

I don't think I had my previous game backed up to iCloud but maybe I ought to back this one up just in case. I'm not the most technologically literate of people so if you could give me some instructions, I'd be grateful.

I've only made a couple of purchases from the Starshop but I managed to get a few of them back when I pressed the 'Restore Special Purchases' button on that screen. I haven't managed to get the others back yet. Would I have to send an in-game ticket to get the others back?

I had been playing the game that I just lost for a long time so forgive me if this seems like a silly question - but I'm no longer able to access any of the videos you used to be able to watch in exchange for K-Stars and cash. Has that been removed in the newer updates or is there something wrong with my new game too?

Thanks again for all of your assistance.
  • Options
    To set it manually, I'll tell you how I get there on my iPad, it's probably the same, or at least close enough to help you. lol. I forgot how to do it. So...........I tracked down a May post from Alkoholiks with the road map to saving.
    .... i've noticed apple moves stuff around in settings a bit from update to update but this is how to manage your cloud data on the current 8.3 ios.

Settings > iCloud >
    there you can toggle different things you want to save

Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage
    there you can click on the list of apps and delete what you like

hope this helps.

And, about the videos...they are still available but a couple of people mentioned not having a get free stars option after an update or reinistall, so if the Free Star Button disappeared entirely then I would send in a request again to Customer Care, telling them. Do you have other offers for free stars and cash?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for that kokokokonut.

I don't have any other offers for free stars or cash. The option has disappeared entirely from my game. I'll send another email to Customer Care but I hope they get back to me a bit quicker this time.
  • Options
    This time you can send it using the InGame Messaging system. For faster service, include your Hollywood ID. This will eliminate them writing back asking for it. (anything to streamline the process). Good luck, and please come back and share your results. Yesterday, my phone which has NEVER had videos to watch (just other offers) had 3 videos for me to watch. After a year. lol. So they are fickle, and we'll see how long that lasts, but the missing button all together really does seem like a issue. I hope you don't have to start again, but if that's what they suggest, then I guess you'd have to. But wait for them to tell you to do that.
    โš˜

P.s. you can call me Koko. I'm only called by my full name when I'm in trouble. lol. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I included my ID in my message this time and am hoping it makes a difference. It's just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens now while keeping my fingers crossed. I'll make another post in this thread about what happens when Glu gets back to me though.

Alright, Koko. :cool:
  • Options
    Glad you wrote again, But now I have to qualify what I told you last night.

Yes, that is the way to set it to save, but the game info doesn't save to the cloud or other servers anymore. It's saved soley in your device. So, now, you're set to save other things, but the game saves to your device. This info came out 4 days ago, but I was a little slow on the uptake.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    That's good to know.
  • Options
    So, I have an update of sorts on my current issues with the game but am no closer to a solution than I was before. I sent an email to Glu regarding this issue about the videos and possibly getting my lost K-Stars from the Starshop back and included my game ID but that made no difference - I was given the same generic message I got last time about needing to submit an in-game ticket in order to receive any assistance. I have to question the point of having an email based helpline when no personalized or practical advice seems to be given on it especially in the context of users who are actually unable to access the game at the time in which they're experiencing a particular issue and thus are unable to submit an in-game ticket.

Nonetheless, I do want this issue with the videos resolved so I did submit an in-game ticket. Glu has yet to get back to me but I don't mind waiting on that for a while. What I do mind is a repeat of the same issue that forced me to delete and reinstall the game in recent days. The new update with Santa Barbara that was released today would not download from the App Store. Instead, the 'Update' button transformed into a slowly spinning circle that stopped spinning entirely when I exited the App Store and a message would pop up a couple of minutes later saying that the game could not be purchased at this time when I didn't actually try to purchase anything since the update is for free.

The last time this happened to me (with the Jersey Shore update), I was unable to access the game at all afterwards and this was what prompted me to uninstall it and then download it again. I am actually able to access the game this time but the updated features (Santa Barbara, second babies, etc) are not included in it. I'm angry that this happened to me twice in a row and that a solution seems to be nowhere in sight. I do not want to have to start a new game every single time an update is released.

I am really hoping that Glu will get back to me with a workable solution and soon.
  • Options
    Hi. I'm so sorry you're having this issue. I know there is a backlog, but Glu will get back to you when your ticket is next in queue. I'm guessing you didn't get Santa Barbara because you restarted and I think the Level to get those locations is 17. ( It's posted here in update thread I think.) When they reach out, try to be concise and to the point and polite. I know my head would explode if I had that job. If you detail what you want them to know now, you'll be ready when they message you back. ANd I know any delay is disappointing, they have been reaching out much faster with the ingame messaging. Before, I can remember people waiting 2 weeks (10 business days) for their issue to be addressed. But I have found Customer Care to be helpful whenever possible.
    The only frustration I had was when I was on my way to a date with my hubby, The timer said I hac 3 hours left, and bam. he called and broke up. Customer Care told me, that was it. When the game decides you've had enough time to date that's it. I can be right outside the Oak, when the call comes, and that was that. But anything within their scope of help, they offer politely. If they can fix it, they will if they can only offer consolation and good will, they offer that. And when there's nothing they can do, at least they let you down easy.

I know this will work out soon. And I'm so sorry you're having this problem. Oh, Santa Barbara? the house is 65,000K$ or 110Stars I think and there is one room and the nursery, I know I'm holding off for a while. So far, you don't seem to be missing much in SB, and I don't mean to be flip, just want you to know, it's nothing special yet.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    My game isn't updating.

When it comes to 50% of the update it reports an error (194).

I thought it was the lack of space in memory although I had almost 1 GB free, I cleared my cache of applications including the one from KKH, I removed several items from the device and now I have nearly 2 GB of free space .

I restarted the device few times and the wi-fi too.

I don't know what to do...
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Ok, Ugh. Let me see if I can get some help for this. Vats, are you able to open the game at all to send an InGame Message for urgent tech help? If you can please submit that. And i'll check around and see what I can do. hang in there.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I'll send a ticket, I searched on google about the error 194 and found a tutorial on how to fix, but didn't work for me ...
    :(
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    So it's an android issue. I feel dopey now. I thought it was an in game error. Why must I be allergic to coffee? Ok, I have another idea. I'll be right back.

Eta: I couldn't understand the video sorry. If I got an android error message I'd probably bother my provider about it.

Alk?

Somebody?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    So I didn't sent a ticket to Glu customer care, as the problem is with google.

I read that this is a bug and they are trying to fix that, I sent a "feedback" through google play store, but I don't know if this is the best way to contact the google services!

I'll have to wait unfortunately, I think finally the moment where I can't complete a weekend event arrived for the first time in over a year

Oh is a lot of cruelty to a human being can't update the game and shave the whole body on the same day. I'm beyond stressed.:(
    Viva La Vida ร La Vats!
  • Options
    Ok, I don't know what the full body shving is about, but lets be hopeful. It's only Wednesday afternoon, there is time for this to be resolved before the next event. I have to go run c cleaner. My laptop is lagging terribly. brb

Deeo breaths and be glad it happened today. Calm cleansing thoughts.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I know nothing about Androids so I am unable to offer any advice but I am sorry that you are experiencing a similar issue to me, Vats. I hope it gets resolved soon.

I have another update of sorts. I am still able to access and play the game (thankfully) and the last time I did (a few minutes ago), I was told that I had a message from Glu but when I looked at the "Contact Us" page which is where I filed my in-game ticket, I did not have any messages from Glu at all except for the generic one you get when you first send the ticket saying that you're complaint has reached Customer Service. I was then asked on a pop-up sort of screen whether all my questions had been answered which I replied 'No' to and reiterated my problems (lack of videos, no update and getting back old K-Stars).

I don't know if this is a technical issue or not but I recently got married on my new and current game and my husband has moved into my properties but he has no speech bubbles. I remember that on my old game, my husband always had something to say to me. We were at the max relationship level whereas my new husband and I aren't. Are the speech bubbles something that come later?
  • Options
    No you should get speech bubble right away. Have you updated to the 3.3 Update? By any chance did your contact form have any apostrophes? There was a problem about that, and peoplewere unable to read their messages,so..i'msorrybut make sure you're playing the latest version, and then would you contact them one more time making sure there arent any apostrophes. Tell them you saw there was a reply, but there was no response in the reply message. I only suggest this, to see if it was those blasted apostrophes again.

Although my iOS hubby has a little pinkish round icon with a smiley face, instead of a normal speech bubble. I tap that and get his special sweet talk, while my Android spouses just get the regular friend greeting. Good luck. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    If by 3.3 update you mean the Santa Barbara update then no because it won't download from the App Store. But I do have the latest iOs update and there's nothing wrong with my iPod.

I had the smiley face icon on my old game too.

Thanks, Koko. I really do want this to be resolved soon.
  • Options
    Just checked the "Contact Us" page again. The last message I sent after I received the "Have we answered all of your questions?" pop up has vanished for some reason although I definitely did send it.
  • Options
    The original issue of the download, in Vats case was later determined to be OS related. Are you still having that issue? And Maybe that pop up disappeared because you'll be recontacted having replied back?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I haven't actually tried to download the new update since my first attempt because I am still able to play the game in spite of it refusing to download but the last time this happened to me (with the Jersey Shore update), trying to download the update completely ruined my game and prevented me from accessing it all together. I'm scared of the same thing happening again if I try to download the new update again. Deleting and reinstalling the game as I did before hasn't fixed the issue, it just prolongs its reappearance.

I still haven't received any advice from Glu about any of my issues even though I did submit in-game tickets for them as they asked. The only message I have received from them is a generic one that they must send to all of their customers saying that my complaint has reached customer service on the 11th of August. No advice or suggestions at all.

I attempted to get a reply from them by submitting two more messages outlining my issues in-game but they were erased as soon as I exited the page even though I pressed the "Send" button and they were clearly submitted. I sent another message saying that my messages had been deleted and that seems to have stayed put but I still haven't received any advice from Glu.

I have however gotten emails from them asking me to rate their customer service as if the issue has been solved when they haven't done anything to help me so far. I know that electronics are prone to glitches and that they must get a lot of complaints but this is starting to get ridiculous.
  • Options
    This sounds so frustrating, I'm sorry you're going through this. I have a 'get in any way you can' attitude as far as getting a problem fixed. So.....since they emailed you, is that an email you can respond to? If so, I'd write back "I can't install updates, my games is not going anywhere, I need one on one assistance or I can't play my game" Something like that, If you've spent hard cold cash on the game, bring that up, saying essentially you support the game, paid xxx amount to enhance your game, and now in plain terms, it's broken. Be super polite, appeal to their human nature. I do think that multiple tickets might not be effective right now, but with their email, I would milk that avenue.

It's very early here for me, so if this advice doesn't fit for you, let me know. I hope we get you updated an d playing in Santa Barbara in no time. :) And I'm sure the apostrophe glitch has been fixed, BUT just humor me, and make sure any more InGame messages do not contain an apostrophe. For a brief moment it was glitching the messaging. so, pretend youre illiterate and leave off any apostrophes. (see what I did there, just left the darm apostrophe out of the you're in that sentance. But it was readable. heh heh ) Seriously, good luck and let us know what happens.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I was nervous to do it but I just tried to download the update again and nothing happened. The "Update" button became a spinning circle and didn't download just like before. I can still access the game for now though. I have the latest updates for my iTunes and iPod and I haven't experienced any technical issues on either lately that could maybe cause an issue like this. I'm really confused as to why it's happening.

The emails that they sent me contained a link where you do the reviewing but they do have a line up top saying "Do not reply to this email" so I'm guessing its an unattended mailbox or something. They ask for a rating out of five stars and there's a box to give additional feedback if you want to. If you click on the link again after you've rated their service, it turns into a "Thank for your assistance. This will enable us to better serve you." type of line with no contact option.

There aren't any apostrophes in my in-game messages that haven't been erased and I'm pretty sure that my erased ones didn't either.

Not being able to collect K-Stars or cash in exchange for watching videos is really bothering me because that is how I have collected the majority of my K-Stars on previous games. I'm actually tempted to delete and reinstall the game in the hope that it will give me that option back. I appreciate all of your help Koko.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that I remember seeing something on this forum about Glu staff browsing it on occasion. Is there any chance that I could report my issues some other way besides e-mail and in-game tickets?
  • Options
    Let me see what I can do. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Good news. The team is looking into this bug again, and help is imminent, although there is no estimation of resolution date. please know your patience is appreciated, and I'm sorry for the delay.

โš˜
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.