Options

Two games on one iTunes account in the iCloud?

zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
On the weekend my game kind of flipped out and I still had the event, but I lost the gigs. Then one popped up when Simon called. Strange.

Anyway, I have the game on an iPad and iPhone. I would never play the game on the iPad, but I would back it up on the iPad just in case something happened to my main playing device (iPhone), then I could play on the iPad. It's worked out well, until now.

The one on the iPhone is the one that flipped out. When it flipped, I tried to get it on the iPad and then I was hoping I could iCloud it to the iPhone. But it seems my game has split now; I have two games with the same character but in different spots. The iPhone was able to get the Skirt and Shirt from this past weekend's event. I didn't bother with the iPad.

I wrote to Glu who told me my game (on the iPhone) was flagged for abuse and that is why it wasn't getting the event. I do not have a hack or a jailbroken phone. Even though I explained that I had the EVENT, but some GIGS disappeared. Classic case of Glu not reading what I wrote.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on the iPhone and I'm still getting the same game (the one that completed the event) when I restore from iCloud. I uninstall and reinstall on the iPad and I get the same game (the one that did not complete the event) It seems to be that the Cloud is saving the two games in two different spots, but they won't go from device to device I guess? Has anyone had this happen to them?

I did fill this out on the thread in the FAQ section and I have heard a response asking for my game number. I will give them the game number if I don't get the event this weekend on the iPhone. But I'm curious if I'll get the event on the iPhone.

But if I did get flagged for a hack, which I do not have, then what happens? Do I send a screen shot? I've never bought anything.

Thanks for reading and sorry it's so confusing! I will do further tickets, but I'm curious if maybe this is an iCloud / Apple issue.

ETA: They are all using the same Game Center ID.

Comments

• Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Oh my gosh I just wrote a reply and it disappeared but anyway it is possible (but not advised) to run two completely separate games under the same Apple ID as you have found, so they won't save progress across both devices by default. The flagging should have nothing to do with iCloud (if that was part of your question I'm not sure if it was!). I'm sure glu will tell you what they need from you to show your game is normal once you give them your game ID. They will most likely use your ID to go into your game and investigate, and may not require anything else from you, but if they do they will tell you. Good luck :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I originally started KKH on my iPhone 6plus. After playing for a couple of weeks, I wanted to see the Doll and clothes better so I put the game on my iPad mini. It opened the exact game that I have on my iPhone 6plus. I could use either device and the game would be at the same place. Awesome. Then... I started receiving notices that my iCloud is full so my iPad mini is no longer being backed up. Since then I have been terrified to open the game on my iPhone 6plus because I'm afraid the game isn't perfectly synced anymore and I don't want to risk losing my KKH wardrobe. Am I nuts?

I'd actually love to play a completely separate KKH game as a male doll but I have no idea how I can do that. Any ideas?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    To start a new game on a new device, I think you probably should delete KKH on the device to be used, though I can't remember if it's strictly necessary.

Sign out of your Apple ID on the device, then create a totally new Apple ID there. <You can still use the same credit card to fund it.> Similarly, log out of Gamecenter and start a new GC ID.

Download KKH again. Choose to customize a new doll. It shouldn't even offer you the old one if you're signed in with the new accounts.

Don't forget to save iCloud backups off the respective devices.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    Thanks! I think the problem is the two devices are not syncing :(. Ugh, so annoying. I don't want two games, lol.

Lucy and Holly I think you are my friend on Game Center. Could you tell me what I'm wearing? It should be last weekend's event. I'm curious to see what outfit shows up. Thanks!
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    zitrone wrote: »
    Thanks! I think the problem is the two devices are not syncing :(. Ugh, so annoying. I don't want two games, lol.

Lucy and Holly I think you are my friend on Game Center. Could you tell me what I'm wearing? It should be last weekend's event. I'm curious to see what outfit shows up. Thanks!

pUqYqIT.jpg
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    pUqYqIT.jpg

Thanks! Ugh this is so frustrating. That's not the game I want.
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Yeah you have that hair in my game too today sorry it's not what you wanted - I don't think the devices are supposed to sync though it's effectively running two separate games. Hope you get it sorted out! x
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    If you have icloud saving turned on, on the ipad and that is the save you want you could manually delete the save from the phone's icloud. delete the game from the iphone, play for a bit on the ipad and make sure it has done an icould backup. then once that is done redownload the game on the phone, enable icloud saving again and when it loads up the first time it should give you the ipad save.

whoa that probably sounds hella complicated but it's not. i think i wrote up how to do it a while back. i'll see if i can find it.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    If you have icloud saving turned on, on the ipad and that is the save you want you could manually delete the save from the phone's icloud. delete the game from the iphone, play for a bit on the ipad and make sure it has done an icould backup. then once that is done redownload the game on the phone, enable icloud saving again and when it loads up the first time it should give you the ipad save.

whoa that probably sounds hella complicated but it's not. i think i wrote up how to do it a while back. i'll see if i can find it.

Thanks! I understand that, I think. I want to keep the iPhone game, so I'll do it in reverse. I want to see what happens with the event this weekend first.

As you can tell this has been driving me crazy all week.
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    actually i thought of something a bit easier. whichever device has the save you want , delete the game off the other then do a manual icloud save backup on the one with the save.

Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage at the top you should see 2 devices. top one should be the device your on and when you click on it, it should start making a backup and ask for password.

after it's done wait a few minutes then download the app on the other device again and see if you're prompted for the icloud backup
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    Alkoholiks wrote: »
    actually i thought of something a bit easier. whichever device has the save you want , delete the game off the other then do a manual icloud save backup on the one with the save.

Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage at the top you should see 2 devices. top one should be the device your on and when you click on it, it should start making a backup and ask for password.

after it's done wait a few minutes then download the app on the other device again and see if you're prompted for the icloud backup

I haven't done an iCloud backup yet. I just usually back up on iTunes. I'm not sure I want to save some stuff on iCloud because I share the cloud. Can I pick and choose what goes on a manual iCloud back up? Sorry, I'm cloud clueless at times.

I'll try the first one this weekend.
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm bugging you guys with this post!

I got the event, so everything is sorted with that. I'm going to work on getting rid of the game I don't want on iCloud. The thing is that game has 250 k-stars. I know I can't transfer them over since they are double. I'm fine with that. I was thinking can I send gifts to others with these stars and not have them affect the account I want?

They've basically been two separate accounts. I have used k-stars in both accounts and neither game was affected by this.