Options

Cant see free videoes for stars

KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
Yeah, the title says it all... I have no option to watch vidoes for stars anymore :( its an easy way to get stars so this sucks! What should I do? I have tries to contact glu twice but no answer :(:(
Player since day 1 ๐Ÿคฉ iOS ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด

๐Ÿ“ข โ€ผ๏ธ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds

Comments

• Options
    Danielle_ModelsDanielle_Models Banned Users 870 Posts
    Hi Kainkae, Welcome to forums! It's nothing to worry about it just simply means that they do not have videos for k-stars at the moment. There's no need to contact Glu, for you should just wait it out and check again tomorrow or later tonight.
    Hope this helped โœŒ��๏ธ
  • Options
    I know what you mean, but I have'nt had any videoes for over a week.... I have never even had the option :/

๐Ÿ“ข โ€ผ๏ธ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • Options
    Oh sorr! I thought this was a one day thing, then definitely contact Glu customer service with an InGame message.
  • Options
    Oh sorr! I thought this was a one day thing, then definitely contact Glu customer service with an InGame message.

Thabnks for responding! :-) but i have contacted them two times but no answer... What shall i do?

• Options
    Hm, all I can advise to do for now is to wait patiently for them to respond because it take's a while.
    Oh and enjoy the game XD
  • Options
    Amy136602Amy136602 Registered Users 851 Posts
    This happens to me now and then question is did you get a lot of stars in one shot on that day? Because I remember on a very weird day just by watching videos I got 400 stars. And I came to the conclusion that because I watched so many videos and got so many rewards in that one day that I was not able to watch any more until that next week that same day. For example if I watch those videos on a Monday I would not be able to watch anymore Until that next Monday so honestly it all depends on your game their might be nothing wrong after all.
    Daily iOS player ๐Ÿ˜Šย 

Facebook Name: MandyKkh
  • Options
    This happens to me now and then question is did you get a lot of stars in one shot on that day? Because I remember on a very weird day just by watching videos I got 400 stars. And I came to the conclusion that because I watched so many videos and got so many rewards in that one day that I was not able to watch any more until that next week that same day. For example if I watch those videos on a Monday I would not be able to watch anymore Until that next Monday so honestly it all depends on your game their might be nothing wrong after all.

No I have never watched a video bcause I have never had the option :/

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I don't have the option on my Samsung Phone, but at times I do get them for the Samsung Tablet and my iPad. Customer care explained that there are a lot of factors, and basically if they're available for your device, you'll get them. I had an old Android tablet and that never got video options. On Christmas I upgraded and transferred the game to a new Android tablet, that morning I had videos. So, it depends on a lot of different factors, and in the end for me, it was the device. But maybe your response will be different.

Sorry this is happening.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CodeRedCodeRed Registered Users 46 Posts
    I wonder if it makes any difference if you're on iOS or Android. I've ever only had a couple videos per week since I started playing the game. Now it's been days since the last option to watch a video. It's strange.
    iOS doll: Ruby, A+++ lister, last comeback, daily player and I love new friends.
    GC is Synerje87, feel free to add me.
  • Options
    I thought so too. My iPad was the only game getting them. the other devices were Androids, but it wasn't until I replaced the old Android Tab with a new Samsung tab, suddenly I got videos to watch, so that was the device. Videos to watch are very fickle.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Yeah, I used to get videos kinda often, like every other day or so. Now I never get them. So now I'm stuck doing surveys (and crossing my fingers they work!! but now I get major junk mail and poo-poo phone calls lolol), or lucking out and getting the click throughs for Sears and/or Kmart.
    Because I remember on a very weird day just by watching videos I got 400 stars.

Holy cow!!!! 400 stars O.o ??!! How in the world did you manage that?! That's a LOT of videos to watch lol!!
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    Millicent CareyMillicent Carey Registered Users 2 Posts
    I bought the special of 50 stars and restored energy for $1.99. That's the only purchase I've made. I can't afford to spend real money on this game. The free stars option doesn't come up anymore? Why not? Please help!! Do I have to restart the game? I'm on the A list and I really don't want to do that!
  • Options
    You should submit a ticket for customer care, explain the situation and see if they can help you Would you comeback and let us know the outcome?

GOod luck, and welcome to the forum.,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Millicent CareyMillicent Carey Registered Users 2 Posts
    Thanks for the welcome and quick response. I'm going to submit a ticket now and I'll let you know the outcome
  • Options
    Great. From time to time people ask about it, and it would be great to have Customer Care's answer. ;)

And, be sure and visit the Weekend Party Event Thread in General Discussion. It should be getting started soon.

Edited to Add: Hi Millicent. saw this other thread on the same topic a few threads down, so I've merged them.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I used to get about 5 or so a day until I purchased energy and stars. That was a couple months ago, and since then the option to watch videos is completely gone :( I sent in a ticket and they told me there was nothing they could do about it, and it's just the advertisers. I've thought about restarting my game, but I'm already so far. It really sucks though. I think that when you make a purchase, it removes ads, and that could have something to do with it
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    I didn't stop getting videos when I bought stars, then about 6 months later, they just dried up. Then after not trying for a while, I tried one day they were back. I was told that there is a limit to how many stars for videos we can watch, and when we hit that limit we just wait for it to be reset.

Another reason, none are currently available. Think of it like commercials on tv. The Sponsors of the videos, let's say it's Rimmel eye liner. They decide what games they want to sponsor videos on. Much like Revlon decided what tv programs they want to air commercials on. If Rimmel has a video running on KKHollywood for a few months, then they decide they want to run them on different games...well, that's a video we won't see.

There are just so many variables, from state and local laws, to country restrictions. Sheer availability (the whole Rimmel example I wrote), the state of your handheld device (an old Android Tablet never had the ability to watch videos, and was on it's last legs. I got a new Samsung tab, transferred my game and suddenly, same game ID, same wifi carrier, suddenly getting videos. ) And a Samsung phone that never got videos starting way back last summer, all of a sudden had videos become available last week. So the variation among my 3 games as far as videos are concerned has convinced me, that it's just hit and miss. Frustrating, annoying, aggravating and maddening. But when they're available, the videos that give you stars are wonderful.
    Lets see what Customer Care says i their response. But I can't stress enough that I play 3 games, and they didn't stop getting videos after I started buying stars.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    That really does make sense. I guess It was just weird timing that I stopped getting them after buying stars. It seems to be the same issue with others too. Well.. Either way I enjoy playing the game, and I'll still spend money on things here and there. I get so many hours of entertainment (that doesn't REQUIRE you to pay), so I totally don't mind spending real money on something I enjoy :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    I was a free player, till an ad started crashing my worst device. Then to save the game till Christmas, I paid for stars to eliminate that games ads. It was as if I saw the light. The whole feel of the game improved, I quickly bought stars for the other 2 games, and I look at it this way. If I went into BestBuy or Gamestop and bought a game, I'd be plopping down about $60. Then when the 2nd and 3rd versions come out, I'm spending 60 per game all over again. So, pay as I play and buy things, or pay a larger amount up front, and then pay for upgrades when the next versions come out. Either way, I'm paying for amusement. I pay to go to the movies. I pay for cds. I have no problem supporting a game that gives me pleasure.

So Tarabella, as far as the free stars go, just keep checking. One day they were gone, a few months later they were back. ANd the most surprising thing, the phone that never ever ever ever got the chance to see videos for stars suddenly last week - it started having videos. My phone didn't change. I just got videos to watch now. I'll enjoy them while they last.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Exactly!! I agree with you 100%!! And this game is always coming out with new updates and new things to do, so it doesn't get old :) I'll keep checking for the videos, but it's not like I'm going to stop playing if they don't come back. It will just be a plus if they ever come back :)
    XoXo