Options

Dating a Game Centre friend FAIL ????

PeachMochiPrincessPeachMochiPrincess Registered Users 7 Posts
Hellooo I'm hoping someone can help me before
I go all Britney and shave my head crazy cos it's driving me mad lol.

I'm dating a game centre friend on KKH. Within one date love was in the air
for him, second date he got engaged to me. From my side of things NOTHING
IS HAPPENING. In my game, our dating is 760/1000, there's been no saying
"I love you" or mention of engagement. I gift him all the time, the level goes up
but nothing else happens. Am I taking him to the wrong places on dates? What can I
do to change this. Am I not dating him enough? It sucks big
time.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I know you don't want to hear this, but just keep dating them. There is no other advice, if it was wanting to marry anyone, I'd say date more people, but I understand you want this one. Did I understand that it's mutual, and you're their SO as well? One of my games is a mutual marriage. I'm married to them in their game and vice versa in mine. That is the only game that is getting the sweet conversations everytime we're in a home. "I love you so much""We're soul mates" "You mean the world to me" etc etc. I will Never dump that relationship. lol. But my other games, until recently weren't mutual and no sweet comments. The comments seem to be hit and miss. No Rhyme or Reason for what makes some games get it, while others just get the standard "Say Hello. Give a Gift. Cancel" conversations. Hope this helps.

But to get engaged and married to your GC friend, just keep dating. Often, different places. Date, Date, Date and date some more. Good luck PeachMochaPrincess. Lovely to meet you.

Welcome_zpsufecjmaq.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank you!!

Yes you're right lol I do just want to marry this specific person. It sucks because like
    you mentioned there's zero sweet comments haha all he says is "what's up" at the beginning of each date, not once has anything else ever been said. I'll keep trying and dating in diff locations- fingers crossed something eventually happens lol
  • Options
    Oh, my point was, the 2 androids never got the sweet messages, but After I married my iOs game he started saying sweet things.

ab40d6aa-87fd-44b6-b6cc-ed58df4ea109_zpsymwj3k1b.png

But, this happens AFTER the wedding in some cases. So, when you marry, there is a chance you'll get this every time you are at home. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the proposal, and then sweet talk. I just know once they propose, you'll drag them right down to Florence for rehearsal and wedding. lol. Keep us posted.

DateDateDateDateDateDate!!!

Edited to Add: My Hubby's name changes. Something about connection issues. They actually don't play anymore, but we message once in a while and I send pictures. I really wanted to marry a different friend, who's active and always looking sharp, but....I don't want to chance giving up the sweet sayings. Sigh, Decisions Decisions. lol. Anyway, Good Luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Omggg okay so now I'm totally on wedding goals hahaha... just dated like 3 times since yesterday- 941/1000... countdown begins soo hoping that when I level up someone proposes... eeek!!!
  • Options
    Ok, I'm rooting for you. YouCanDoItYouCanDoItYouCanDoItYouCanDoItYouCanDoItYouCanDoItYouCanDoItYouCanDoItYouCanDoIt!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hehe Tysm,,

so the update is, nothing really. Randomly whilst doing a project that I had invited him to , he asked if I wanted to go to his house which I thought YESSSSSS!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ . However now that's all I get asked by him, even if I've just finished an 8hr date there, he still harasses me to go to his place. still getting no where with it. I've also noticed he's progressing more than me, he became an A-Lister a few days ago and his ranking is shooting up. Mine has been stuck on #151 for at least two weeks now despite getting 5* ratings on protects constantly etc ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ค I've also noticed my couples ranking is stuck too.... Seriously don't know why mine is so busted, I can't even begin to think bout resetting or restarting this game I've put too much effort and time into it ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I'm sure there's something wrong tbh, it's so messed up.

any thoughts...?
  • Options
    Hi. What do you mean that's all he calls you to do? Do you get daily calls, where he said "I missed you. Want to hang out?" If so, That's not an invitation to hang out at his place. Are you then calling him from restaurants into a date? What are your relationship points now? A week ago you were at 941. I'm confused by the fact that he's calling and wants to have you go over to his place. I've never experienced this, what I get are the calls that give me a timer to take him out and spend energy and cash on him. Going to his place, may seem like a date in the real world, but unless it's out in public and takes energy and $, it's not a date in the game. Can you try and explain more about that?

Onto other points. About your SO shooting up in rank, you may have connected with someone who plays all the time, and is simply doing well in the game and climbing up. Maybe you got them after a comeback and they're rising up again. How often do you play? Without being able to look into your game, there are just too many variables to see if you're 'stuck' or perceived stuck. If you want, you can take a screenshot now, showing your level bar. Then play tomorrow and at the same time take another screenshot. If you pm them to me, I'll do an overlay adjusting transparencies so you can see how your level bar increased in one day.

Another thing is to screenshot every task you do, as far as the payout goes, the little box that says 5 Stars -- xp, Cash and anything else that might get after a task. Then armed with this info, you can open up a Customer Care ticket, tell them you chronicled your results, and you are not fluctuating or moving at all as far as rank, romantic points, and anything else you are concerned with.

What platform and device are you playing on?

Another question, when you say you invited him into a project, do you mean date or a job? If you are calling your romantic interest into jobs, a little box pops up, says 'You are dating this contact. If you call them you will not receive professional points. Are you sure you want to proceed'. That could be why you're not progressing.

I know I brought up a lot of questions, but you have so many parts of your issue. If you can answer with as much detail, it would help. I'm trying to fully understand before giving you bad advice I'm sorry I'm not able to give you an automatic answer, but try and think about the things I mentioned, and when you reply we'll go on from there. I'm sorry this is happening. Hope we find some answers for you soon. smile.png
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Adding, I saw your 9:35 post and started answering it. It wasn't a short 'hey do this' reply so it took a while. After I posted my answer, I saw you duplicated you post a 2nd time. So I deleted it. Please try to be patient, and wait for a response. An hour isn't quite long enough, especially when your question is so complex.
    Thanks. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi, sorry I didn't mean to post twice I wasn't trying to seem impatient �� my iPad wasn't showing my reply so I assumed it hadn't posted.

Thank you for your helpful tips, to clear up some confusion on your behalf;

basically I'll randomly bump into him in places like Panino for example, where he will have a red smiley or a heart speech bubble, when I click on that to interact with him he will ask if I want to "come by my place tonight". that happens like ALL the time, even when I've already just gone over and had a date at his place. (It's an 8hr date each time- no gold bonus hearts though). I get fans from it as it's a date. But it's not extremely useful in terms of the relationship progression. it's annoying that it happens constantly tbh. like I'll get asked that by him every single time I see him.

I play daily, very often during the day probably more than my bf does (he's my be in real life too lol) I believe he's just lucky as he's only been playing for 2 weeks now, he's new to KKH and I've been playing for months. before he started playing I was dating an in-game character, the one Kim sets you up with in the beginning. that relationship got to level 6000 but nothing happened there either, no marriage or proposals. it's strange. So we broke up, then my real bf downloaded the game and after a week or so we began dating in game.

anyway I do get calls from him but only every 2-3 days asking to date brcause he "missed me" (the one where we have a set time to complete the date like 15hrs etc). I always complete them within the time. but I guess what confuses me the most is just why the relationship progresses in terms of level, but not game reality for marriage proposal or asking me to move in or such. I'm now on dating level 1692/2000 .

can you explain a bit further about what you need me to screenshot exactly please, do you need it when I'm completing a task or if I'm just standing around in places is that sufficient?

Thanks again โ˜บ๏ธ
  • Options
    Hi. Here is a screenshot of my Android game going into her Spouses(Twins) home, the guest house in Calabasas next to our homes there.
    SOHomevisitiAndroid_zpsredlcuvs.jpg
    Notice the only choices are : Say Hello, Gift Gift or cancel.
    That's all they can do there. There are not tap icons for tasks.

Here is my iOS game my doll visiting her hubby's homes, again, next to the Calabasas home (I married well. lol)
    SOHomevisitios_zpsjzlsuxwk.jpg

Notice in this games, sweet talk and nothing else available. There are no Start date buttons. Nothing.

Now in a restaurant, you go in, tap the pink heart and this will appear when you call someone in for a date:

Date_zpsdgiipfkz.jpg

See my choices here? I've gone into a club tapped the pink heart (the only way to start a date) called in my SO, and got the option to start the 2 hour date, Break up, Cancel Date or Come back later. To date, I'd tap Start date. ANd then little task tapable icons would appear Kiss - 5 Energy, Tip the server - 1 energy , pose for pics. etc. all the usual tasks type buttons.

Can you show me, your 8 hour dates, or any DATES at your spouses home? And it doesn't matter whether their home is the apartment or the house. I have never seen anyone able to date at home. You have nothing to tap. Can you show me otherwise? I'm not trying to be obtuse, but I can't offer help in a situation I do not know to exist.

So, can you clarify or show some of your screenshots for dating, especially at your SO's home.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yes sure I'll send them. How do I post screenshots? I don't see an option on my iPad... And wow, so many options on your android- my husband plays on his iOS but he's actually seen and had those options in his game on iPhone.. Say hello, give gift etc. It's odd that these vary so much.

I also can't seem to delete old contacts even thought that's an updated option, it seems to keep telling me I'm still involved in a project with them even though I'm not.. If I try to call them it asks for like 60 K Stars. I'll show a screenshot of that too.

thanks again
  • Options
    I believe the reason my iOS just says sweet things at home, is because my SOs game married my game as well. I may be wrong, but I think when it's a mutual marriage that might be what triggers it. I only know they married me in their game because they sent me a wedding photo. Lol. Suddenly I didn't feel so creepy for marrying someone behind their backs.

Now, PeachMochiPrincess, why don't you follow this link and say Hi in the weekend Event Party thread. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?169554-Weekend-Event-08-14-2015-Another-Summer-Love-Fest-Abd-Baby-Makes-How-Many
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary