Options

Weird glitch issue - losing 30secs progress?

pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
Okay I had no idea what to title this but! This issue started last night and I combed the forums for ideas. Decided to wait until this morning to see if it was still doing it, and it is... SIGH. Whenever I switch out of my game to anything else, even it it's just to the home screen, the game crashes and restarts and I lose the last 15-30seconds that I did. Not much, and it's better than HOURS instead of seconds, but it gets frustrating in the middle of a gig.

So for instance, I'll tap things in gigs until I'm at 0 energy, go switch to Safari to look at the forum, and then when I go back the game starts up like it hadn't been open and I'll have those last few energy back. But the gig options to tap will have changed. BUT the odd thing is that the energy refill counter keeps ticking down like normal. It doesn't revert back the 30 seconds.

I had this issue waaay back when I first started playing last year, and I found the only solution was to exit the gig when I was closing my app to do something else, and that kept it from losing time so to speak. But that's not working this time around. I troubleshot the thing -- closed every other app, restarted the app, restarted my phone, checked my storage space/memory... everything's good. Just thought I'd check in here before sending in a support request since those take ages.

I'm on an iPhone6, most recent iOS update, most recent game update. 3.8GB of space left on my phone.
My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    This definitely sounds like you should submit a ticket to customer care. The fastest way for help is through InGame Messaging, There is a thread with pictures Stickied up to if you need help submitting a ticket.

Sorry this is happening. I've experienced it once or twice, but usually because an ad got in the way of my gameplay pausing or something. It hasn't happened to me since I eliminated the ads. Customer Care is a bit faster these days with the InGame system.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hey this happened to me last night too. I was on my android and the game kept crashing every 1 or 2 minutes. When I came back on, the energy I had tapped for disappeared from my bar, I'm guessing I lost couple seconds of game progress like you. It happens whenever I'm in game for more than 1 or 2 minutes OR when I exit the game.

I first closed all apps, open KKH and it still happened. I tried several times, and was so ****ed off I waited about an hour for energy to recharge instead. Then before I went into game, I restarted my phone, switched off wifi and back on again. I'm not sure if it was the 1 hour, restarting of phone or restarting wifi the one that helped since I did all together. Hope this may help you lose the glitch :)
    PM to add
  • Options
    I thought she said she tried that. But now Customer Care can diagnose issues faster through the in game messaging. She should def keep trying to jump out of this burp while she waits for CustomerCare.

and Nai, thank youi for your detailed instructions for what worked for you as a great reference. :)
    But I still swear by the advantage of getting the ads removed with a purchase, or something.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    pandamoo85pandamoo85 Registered Users 107 Posts
    I'm going to try switching off my Wifi, that's the only trick I haven't tried yet! fingers crossed that it stops, but also glad I'm not the only one that randomly got this glitch last night. So annoying!!

And I don't have ads, haven't had them since Glu sent me stars when I had to restart in February. I guess my game thinks I bought them? xD

EDIT: Managed to fix it! Made sure my iCloud data was up to date and not the source of the glitch on my old phone -- I keep it saved there JUST IN CASE something happens. That file was fine so it was definitely my new phone, so I just reinstalled and used the iCloud save and no more crashing.
    My avi's name is Star -- she shows up as Starfaise for GC contacts. :o
  • Options
    I'm wondering if you were on the same task when it started, and if that's what I was doing when I experienced it. I remember being annoyed, but once I realized I hadn't lost anything, I redit it, and it 'took' the next time. Sorry it was happening. If it comes back again, consider the ticket I suggested earlier.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary