Options

Marriage advice...

Minne623Minne623 Registered Users 335 Posts
So I'm all tapped out with 2 kids, I'm ready to dump the hubby... But I'm scared GLU will throw a curve ball and then I'm going to need him and his always wearing cap b u t t...

What have you guys done, Ty!!
GC Minne622

Comments

• Options
    lileililei Registered Users 33 Posts
    lol your post is funny because I feel the same way about this hubby not working, but he's suppose to be an A list director and is always calling for a date that he never pays for, never says a word, doesn't help with the babies and looks unhappy all the time lol. i needed a laugh.
  • Options
    ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    Honestly I would keep him around just in case. but then again the point of the game is to have fun so maybe your bank account will thank you for not spending so much on dates every day!

I am in a similar predicament. Ive been dating the same guy for half a year and always declined marriage because from reading from the forums I knew i didn't have the cash and i was concentrating on getting better clothes and all the houses available. So when Glu updated with the baby, I admittedly got baby fever and had a kid with him so since then its just been dating, no marriage proposal. When I got max relationship all he ever asks is to have a second kid.

so I started dating a new guy because I saw from another thread that this will give a "kick" to the first guy to actually propose. Im at level 3 with the new guy but still nothing.

Has anyone else had this same issue or can offer advice?
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    The game doesn't like you not dating. It will tell you to go out, pick an NPC for you, and then on the 2nd or 3rd date pop the question. So, is the evil you know better than the evil you don't know? Unfortunately, if you date 4 people, they'll all want to call daily for their date or ransom or break up.

My husband spent the summer in the Hamptons in that long wool coat with the fur collar. I swear if he didn't say such sweet things, I would have dumped him a year ago. (Plus, game is still owned by a pal on the forum, so on the off chance they come back someday, I'd hate to introduce my new hubby. They sent me wedding photos with AppleP in the dress and veil from their game. That was so sweet. Funny thing, my game was secretly married to their game, so when we exchanged picks she and I both had a good laugh. But I know if I dump them, darm phone will ring and it will be some NPC calling for a date.

So, break up if you want, but the game will have you date, date, date, and marry. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    EselleteaEselletea Registered Users 700 Posts
    Funny, I said I'd never remarry Jesse after the divorce with my (now inactive) GC/real life friend. But then I thought it would be cool for him to have a baby and I'm too cheap to adopt. So I started with a NPC chick in case it didn't work out and I wouldn't have to ruin a relationship with a GC friend. However, I'm almost at 6k with her and haven't had a chance to pop the question yet! I guess I'm gonna have to wait til 6000 to propose (I hope?) or maybe Jesse will be like Johnny Depp and have kids before he gets married again ;)
    Currently playing 2 iOS games, PM to add!
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    My doll is happy being single and doesn't even date if she can at all avoid it.

I try to avoid dating events too because last time I tried, I spent 60,000 or more if memory serves and did not even finish that event. I just lost money.

Until they make the dates less clingy I don't want that aspect of the game.

Answer: You can be a KKH single parent! Go for it if it makes you happier :)
  • Options
    lileililei Registered Users 33 Posts
    Eselletea wrote: »
    Funny, I said I'd never remarry Jesse after the divorce with my (now inactive) GC/real life friend. But then I thought it would be cool for him to have a baby and I'm too cheap to adopt. So I started with a NPC chick in case it didn't work out and I wouldn't have to ruin a relationship with a GC friend. However, I'm almost at 6k with her and haven't had a chance to pop the question yet! I guess I'm gonna have to wait til 6000 to propose (I hope?) or maybe Jesse will be like Johnny Depp and have kids before he gets married again ;)

I wouldn't call it too cheap to adopt. I'd call it smart!