Options

A Few Questions about my new iPad Mini and KKH!

TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
Hey guys and gals! Just got my new iPad Mini 2 this evening, as my early Christmas present. It's all set-up and KKH is downloaded! I haven't started playing it yet though.

Have a few questions I'm hoping all y'all iPad pros can answer for me before I get started.

#1- on my Kindle I'm used to buying coins and using them to buy the stars on KKH. How does it work on iPad? I've seen Koko post about buying iTunes cards or something, does everyone do this? I had to enter my credit card, so I'm assuming you can purchase the stars through the game, yes? Is the service trusted??

#2- how do I set up Game Center and start adding everyone? :)

#3- is there ANYTHING you think I need to know before I get started? Whether game related (will be my 3rd character! :) ) or iPad related?

I can't think of anything else right now. So if there's anything I should know plz tell me? ;) Thanks!
Can't wait to play with y'all!
Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
Let's be friends!! :cool: :D

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Congrats on your new device!

1. I don't buy iTunes cards, I just pay them via credit card. Set up your credit card information on your iTunes account (Apple ID) which you can access by: Settings>iTunes & App Store. Once you're done with that, any purchase will just require your iTunes account password and yes it is trusted.

2. Settings>Game Center. You just need your Apple ID. Thereafter, just send tons of friend requests to everyone here!

3. Yes, iCloud! Settings>iCloud. Use the same Apple ID for Game Center and activate iCloud Drive.

By the way, the Apple ID I used for my iTunes is a different account. I am using a generic one where everyone in my family connects to it for payment. My GC and iCloud one is mine.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Congrats on your new device!

1. I don't buy iTunes cards, I just pay them via credit card. Set up your credit card information on your iTunes account (Apple ID) which you can access by: Settings>iTunes & App Store. Once you're done with that, any purchase will just require your iTunes account password and yes it is trusted.

2. Settings>Game Center. You just need your Apple ID. Thereafter, just send tons of friend requests to everyone here!

3. Yes, iCloud! Settings>iCloud. Use the same Apple ID for Game Center and activate iCloud Drive.

By the way, the Apple ID I used for my iTunes is a different account. I am using a generic one where everyone in my family connects to it for payment. My GC and iCloud one is mine.

Thank you Nai! Yes, I set up icloud. Ok, well my Apple ID and iTunes are all the same. I think.... lol. I'm confused hahaha! But it doesn't matter, because I would be the only one using my iPad anyways. ;) But yes, I did get my credit card all entered in the app store, so it's all set to purchase stars. But I might have to wait for a bit before I can get some.

So will my Apple ID be my Game Center name? Or can I make a name? Otherwise my new characters name will be twiztidrose lolol!

Ahhh.... I see. I need a nickname. Oh Lord help me!
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Thank you Nai! Yes, I set up icloud. Ok, well my Apple ID and iTunes are all the same. I think.... lol. I'm confused hahaha! But it doesn't matter, because I would be the only one using my iPad anyways. ;) But yes, I did get my credit card all entered in the app store, so it's all set to purchase stars. But I might have to wait for a bit before I can get some.

So will my Apple ID be my Game Center name? Or can I make a name? Otherwise my new characters name will be twiztidrose lolol!

Ahhh.... I see. I need a nickname. Oh Lord help me!

Everything Nai said EXCEPT, I'm afraid this MIGHT be bad news, I'm not sure that your KKH Hollywood game will transfer from Kindlee (Android) to iPad (Apple). I've only ever had apple. It would be a shame to lose everything so I would be questioning that before I started importing my game in case there is a work around where you don't have to start over.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    Oh no haha, I'm not transferring hun. I'm starting a new game. I will then have 3 characters! ;)

Oh, and my GC is set-up! :) I just decided to go ahead and run with TwiztidRose it's just always been my "gamertag." ;)
  • Options
    You can change your GC name anytime! I went with my username, it's just been with me for many years.

I'm so excited for you!
    PM to add
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Congratulations Rose. you will love the iOS platform game. 3 games unofficially earns you the title of "Seriously Addicted". I've been there for well over a year now.

The only reason I buy gift cards instead of using a credit card.....I have more control. Plus my credit card statement would be a more jarring visual if it listed every time I bought stars. my way? Much less of a paper trail, if you know what I mean. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    This thread is tempting me to download KKH on my two Android tablets lol

Uggghhh I'm just too busy in real life to be playing three games haha

I think that one game is enough for me for now ha
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Oh no haha, I'm not transferring hun. I'm starting a new game. I will then have 3 characters! ;)

Oh, and my GC is set-up! :) I just decided to go ahead and run with TwiztidRose it's just always been my "gamertag." ;)

Oh I got ya!! I have all I can do to keep up with one character. I sometimes think my iPad having a character would be fun but then I think "how on earth can I manage 2 games and all that K Stars and K Kash (specially since I'm on bed rest after a surgery!). Good luck! I can't wait to watch you grow your new character! I'll add her in Game Center!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I buy iTunes gift cards at my grocery store because it earns me discounts toward gasoline. Usually it's 10 cents off each gallon for every $50 spent but about 4 times a year they double the fuel perks. Considering we can buy up to 30 gallons with the discount, it adds up.

Another place to buy iTunes gift cards is SAMs Club. They sell the gift cards at a small discount.

Please send me a GC request and, after I do a gig with your doll, I'll start gifting her.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    This thread is tempting me to download KKH on my two Android tablets lol

Uggghhh I'm just too busy in real life to be playing three games haha

I think that one game is enough for me for now ha

Carol, I have to let you in on a perk not that many people get to experience. If you have 2 separate games on the same platform, I don't care if they're both girls or a guy game and a girl, you will LOVE seeing both games in all your homes on both games. I have the 2 androids married, and I make sure they date every day, and it's awesome seeing both dolls on both devices. I'd say try it, you'll love it, but you will love it, and once you try it you will not be able to turn back and drop one game. Sigh. Sweet poison. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Carol, I have to let you in on a perk not that many people get to experience. If you have 2 separate games on the same platform, I don't care if they're both girls or a guy game and a girl, you will LOVE seeing both games in all your homes on both games. I have the 2 androids married, and I make sure they date every day, and it's awesome seeing both dolls on both devices. I'd say try it, you'll love it, but you will love it, and once you try it you will not be able to turn back and drop one game. Sigh. Sweet poison. :)
    This is the kind of life I want for my doll. I was contemplating on starting another game but I'm seriously saving up for an iPad pro. Once I do that, I'll be playing both games. I see no problems playing both games. Even with a 40 hour work week schedule, I still think it might be doable. I've no other social obligations, thus far. Plus just the one game bores me easily. I want a male doll, a hubby for Erica.

i do love playing KKH and I really do visualize creating an ideal husband for my doll. I'm putting my thoughts up on my vision board, girl lol.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    This is the kind of life I want for my doll. I was contemplating on starting another game but I'm seriously saving up for an iPad pro. Once I do that, I'll be playing both games. I see no problems playing both games. Even with a 40 hour work week schedule, I still think it might be doable. I've no other social obligations, thus far. Plus just the one game bores me easily. I want a male doll, a hubby for Erica.

i do love playing KKH and I really do visualize creating an ideal husband for my doll. I'm putting my thoughts up on my vision board, girl lol.

Same goals, girl, same goals.

I'm just ready to buy the iPad pro when it's out in my country. And I also want to create the perfect husband for my doll, who gets new hairstyles and clothing and not just the ones in the wardrobe.
    PM to add
  • Options
    I have a full size iPad that I could open a second game on but I have no idea how to create a different GC ID so I can play two different KKH games. How do I do that?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »

That sounds like a plan. Since I have all three Android devices, I always thought about creating Carol Davida alter ego (female doll) & her brother (male doll) connected to two different Google+ accounts.

I think that Carol Davida alter ego & her brother could possibly get married to each other haha
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Thanks for all the friend requests! :)

I'm watching today's General Hospital, then I'm getting on to play! LOVING my new iPad!!!!! <3333
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Same goals, girl, same goals.

And I also want to create the perfect husband for my doll, who gets new hairstyles and clothing and not just the ones in the wardrobe.

Me too, me too :)))))
    I was thinking recently to start a new game with male character on my iphone, because last year I transfered my game from the iphone on my new ipad.. But it's iphone 5, and I'm saving to buy 6s so I may wait a little longer :)
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the friend requests! :)

I'm watching today's General Hospital, then I'm getting on to play! LOVING my new iPad!!!!! <3333

I'm glad you're happy with your iPad mini. I LOVE mine.

Please confirm that you received gifts. I sent shoes and 3 or 4 dresses. I don't want to send more until I know that you're getting them.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I'm glad you're happy with your iPad mini. I LOVE mine.

Please confirm that you received gifts. I sent shoes and 3 or 4 dresses. I don't want to send more until I know that you're getting them.

I got them! I just came on here to thank you, and saw your post. Thank you very much! I will gift you back as soon as I can!! :)
  • Options
    I got them! I just came on here to thank you, and saw your post. Thank you very much! I will gift you back as soon as I can!! :)

Great! I just sent a few more items. Those 4000 Kash boxes have to be spent somewhere. LOL.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    Great! I just sent a few more items. Those 4000 Kash boxes have to be spent somewhere. LOL.

Haha :p! Well thank you again hun!
  • Options
    I have a full size iPad that I could open a second game on but I have no idea how to create a different GC ID so I can play two different KKH games. How do I do that?

You need a new Apple ID. With this Apple ID you can have a new GC, iCloud etc. If you're creating a new game, let us know!
    PM to add
  • Options
    Thank you Nai!

(I know there's a thread for this but just letting y'all know that your gifts are coming through fine. ;) )
  • Options
    You need a new Apple ID. With this Apple ID you can have a new GC, iCloud etc. If you're creating a new game, let us know!

My iPad is set up to sync with my iPad mini, iPhone, and MacBook. Do I have to factory reset it? Or can I create a second Apple ID to use on it?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
  • Options
    My iPad is set up to sync with my iPad mini, iPhone, and MacBook. Do I have to factory reset it? Or can I create a second Apple ID to use on it?

I think logically you don't need to, you just need to unsync and log in to your new Apple ID, iTunes, iCloud. But if I were you and there is no serious consequences to doing a reset, I would do it just to give a clean slate, just playing safe.
    PM to add