Options

Throwback Clothing - Frustrating

13Next

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Then Glu should change the title from Throwback sale to Throwback items because they are confusing the players who are wondering where is the sale but there isn't one since the original price of the weekend giftboxes is increased.

Carol, I'm quoting my earlier post with regards to the title. I agree it can be confusing at first, but it's not wrong. What Glu meant, was they are selling throwback items. Not giving a sale (discount). But in all honesty, the title doesn't affect me.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I think, often times we forget the other meaning of "sale".

Sale: the exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something.
    OR a period during which a shop sells goods at reduced prices.

So when Glu said #ThrowbackSale, pretty sure it doesn't mean the latter meaning of sale.
    PM to add
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    LOL this thread is making me very opinionated. But a lot of players thinks that the throwback sale was a success and that it's a good idea. But that doesn't mean that I'm convinced to participate on the next throwback sale though.

Carol, as you said everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You don't have to participate. I didn't participate in the first nor in the second and yet I personally think it is a good idea and it was success for both Glu and the players. Players got what they wanted (items they missed) and Glu got their money. So it's a win-win.

However I do agree that it's expensive. Everything is expensive in this game, but it's Kim's game. You can't expect less. So there are people who play with no money invested like me and you and don't get all the items, or you play with lots of cash and have everything. The whole world functions like this. It is a sad truth, but money spins the world.

As I said some time ago - I am not a fan of Kardashians, I play this game for fashion, because their wardrobe is religion lol And I can afford to spend 10 eur every month on kstars, but I CHOOSE NOT TO.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    AmyT wrote: »
    Here, here, Sassy! I agree with all of that, you sum it up well. Exclusive items don't exist if they're available to everyone. I think 60 Kstars is fair for a throwback sale, because you know you're going to win an exclusive item (but please, Glu, please remove things like that St Paddy's Day ring!).

I saw someone suggested separate pallets containing hair, shoes, outfits, accessories for the throwback sales and you could pick a pallet. That would definitely be fair and I'm sure people would be more likely to purchase Kstars during a sale if that were the case.

60 Kstars, imo, for a throwback us fair. However, 40 Kstars for weekend gift boxes is ridiculous and far too expensive.

(Oh, and I noticed you used your own experience with H&M and Balmain to compare :( I feel for you, hun!)

If there were separate pallets I would definetely participate and maybe even buy kstars :)

As for HMxBalmain - I didn't camp outside, because I was at work, but if I was free that day I would def camp lol I die for that green dress, it's gonna haunt me forever. I gave this as an example because it's close to the heart lol and because I think it decribes the situation with exclusive items the best.
    Every weekend my fingers hurt for what? So 3 months later someone can get the same item for 20/30/40 k stars? Sorry, but no. It's not right. It's an EXCLUSIVE. You either work your a*s for it or you pay much more to get it later.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Carol, as you said everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You don't have to participate. I didn't participate in the first nor in the second and yet I personally think it is a good idea and it was success for both Glu and the players. Players got what they wanted (items they missed) and Glu got their money. So it's a win-win.

However I do agree that it's expensive. Everything is expensive in this game, but it's Kim's game. You can't expect less. So there are people who play with no money invested like me and you and don't get all the items, or you play with lots of cash and have everything. The whole world functions like this. It is a sad truth, but money spins the world.

As I said some time ago - I am not a fan of Kardashians, I play this game for fashion, because their wardrobe is religion lol And I can afford to spend 10 eur every month on kstars, but I CHOOSE NOT TO.

I'm not a gambler in real life so I hate it so much that I'm not willing to gamble on this game just for the virtual items. I personally think that if I were to participate, and I choose a random throwback box, I think that I might win an item that I don't want for my doll. The item will just stay inside of my doll's closet because it won't be my favorite item to style on my doll.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I'm not a gambler in real life so I hate it so much that I'm not willing to gamble on this game just for the virtual items. I personally think that if I were to participate, and I choose a random throwback box, I think that I might win an item that I don't want for my doll. The item will just stay inside of my doll's closet because it won't be my favorite item to style on my doll.

A lot of people don't like to gamble, it's really alright :) You don't have to hate that fact.

I personally, love it. I was exposed to gambling since a young age (underage actually) but I'm not the addictive or dangerous kind. It can sometimes be very frustrating but I get over it quickly.
    PM to add
  • Options
    SabinaCSabinaC Registered Users 200 Posts
    I'm glad you're here Sabina. And your avatar is awesome. I have a host for next week's event. But anyone want to host Black Friday? I'm working on a header now.....so I'll check back here in a bit. See if I have a host, or we'll just start it without one. I am soo excited for the Weekend. I think I'm in overdrive till Sunday. And I know whenever the next throwback happens, I'll sit down decide how much Apple P gets to spend, and take it from there. I didn't start out favoring the iOS game, but it's not easy to support 3 games. I need that blown out hair look. At least for the Princess.

How long was it between the first, and the second Throwback? Maybe we'll be able to project when the next one will be.

Thank you Koko, I'm glad to be here. I made the avatar in my own image :D
  • Options
    ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    To me, I wouldn't consider it a throwback sale anymore since the throwback giftboxes are pricey than the weekend event giftboxes.

I think that's the only reason why Glu is losing their customers little by little because of the expensive prices to even begin with.

I think that it should be about what the customers want, not what Glu wants. I'm just one of those players who refused to gamble on this game since I'm usually jinxed when it comes to weekend event giftboxes and probably even throwback giftboxes as well.

Why shouldn't the throwback items be more expensive than the usual weekend items? I've seen tons of members explain this to you but you keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

This game is all about them making profit, just like any other business out there. And as we can see it has made a lot of profit due to the demand it has so they will continue doing what they do, which is emphasising on profit when they fulfill special requests by players like the throwback event.
  • Options
    ARTPOP wrote: »
    Why shouldn't the throwback items be more expensive than the usual weekend items? I've seen tons of members explain this to you but you keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

This game is all about them making profit, just like any other business out there. And as we can see it has made a lot of profit due to the demand it has so they will continue doing what they do, which is emphasising on profit when they fulfill special requests by players like the throwback event.

Maybe because everyone probably misunderstood my point⁉

I said my idea but everyone opposed of it...and that's fine with me.

I don't know. Everyone here is just sharing their thoughts & opinions. Some people may agree and some may disagree with it. At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I thought that was the forums was all about to share our thoughts & ideas.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    SabinaC wrote: »
    Thank you Koko, I'm glad to be here. I made the avatar in my own image :D

That's so cool. Is that really you on your own avatar pic?
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    SabinaCSabinaC Registered Users 200 Posts
    That's so cool. Is that really you on your own avatar pic?

Yes :D:D:D
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I think the weekend boxes are 40 K Stars and too much. I say that because no one wants to buy them and get 4 energy or $4000 Kash. All 8 boxes should have unique items. Now during the throwback if they could make all 8 boxes a different item, not Kash. For me 60 K Stars is too much for me. But it maybe helpful in this game/point.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I think the weekend boxes are 49 K Stars and too much. I say that because no one wnt to buy them and get 4 energy or $4000 Kash. All 8 boxes should have unique items. Now during the throwback if they could make all 8 boxes a different item, not Kash. For me 60 K Stars is too much for me. But it maybe helpful in this game/point.

All boxes contain different items in throwback boxes
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm not crazy about exclusive stuff, you know, I have all event earn ables that the game gave to us, I think that I don't use about half o them, I just enjoy the challenge to get it all.

And the boxes items that I missed probably I really want/need around five of them and that's it! So for me it's not about the price, it's more about the chance to get what I want.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I'm not crazy about exclusive stuff, you know, I have all event earn ables that the game gave to us, I think that I don't use about half o them, I just enjoy the challenge to get it all.

And the boxes items that I missed probably I really want/need around five of them and that's it! So for me it's not about the price, it's more about the chance to get what I want.

I need to swoop in and follow your attitude a little more. It's just sooooooooo hard.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I think the weekend boxes are 40 K Stars and too much. I say that because no one wants to buy them and get 4 energy or $4000 Kash. All 8 boxes should have unique items. Now during the throwback if they could make all 8 boxes a different item, not Kash. For me 60 K Stars is too much for me. But it maybe helpful in this game/point.

Of course we want as many options for our 'dolls' as possible! :)

BTW check out the thank you sticky thread in the Gifts forum, I'm about to add some pix there ;)

I wish Glu could make the bought gift boxes 20 K stars and no Kash in it, and I wish they could make the Throwback sales 40 K stars per try...but I don't know if they will opt for a reduction, it will be like taking money from their own pockets. I personally think it could add up the same, as more people would buy...but I rarely see such things happen.

We can dream, right??
  • Options
    PolkaDot wrote: »

I wish Glu could make the bought gift boxes 20 K stars and no Kash in it, and I wish they could make the Throwback sales 40 K stars per try...but I don't know if they will opt for a reduction, it will be like taking money from their own pockets. I personally think it could add up the same, as more people would buy...but I rarely see such things happen.

We can dream, right??

How come the forums doesn't have a like 👍button right now so I can like your post? LOL

I agree with your statement. You actually made some valid points. I don't know why would the Glu gods would call it a throwback sale for when there wasn't even one in the first place. They definitely need to change the title of selling the throwback items. I feel like this game needs some more improvements & changes.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    How come the forums doesn't have a like ��button right now so I can like your post? LOL

I agree with your statement. You actually made some valid points. I don't know why would Glu called it a throwback sale for when there wasn't even one. They definitely need to change the title of selling the throwback items. I feel like this game needs some more improvements & changes.

Thank you so much! Same back to you <3 I often want to "LIKE" your and others' posts here.

We could all keep the suggestions flowing in the Suggestions topic I guess. Games like this one are subscription which implies they could and should keep evolving and changing. Hopefully with a balance of fan needs, and company bottom lines, in mind. :D