Options

Why is My Husband Suddenly Insulting Me??!!

isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

Hi. Ok, I have noooo idea what I'm doing, this is my first post ever and...omgggg! My husband has started insulting me every single time we go out to dinner! I wear my most beautiful outfits, jewelry, shoes, handbags, blah blah blah...And it doesn't matter if we go to Oak, The Shoreline Grill, La Rue, or Asadaux--he says things similar to "You're really brave to wear that outfit and not care what anybody thinks" and "You look great. I've seen better, but you look good." What!!!!????? Our relationship level is 9635, and I was looking forward to reaching 12,000 and having a baby, but now, what.is.up.??? I have plenty of gold hearts (and stars too) that I only have to fill four more whether it's a date or a gig, jeez, even Crystal hasn't verbally attacked me in forever, not Willow either! I'm A List #1--what's his problem?? Seriously, I'm muttering at him in my head at this point, like, "Excuse me?" or "WHAT did you just say to me?!"--and finally, a choice phrase or two I'm not even going to repeat here! Yikes! I buy him plenty of gifts, have two fully furnished beach houses, the condo and apartment, pets; his dump by the airport, and am about to buy the place in Milan...what does he want? Does anyone have any idea? Should I dump him, do you think?? Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank you so much!:(

Comments

• Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Girl don't take it personal. My hubby insults me on the daily. It's just the game's way of reminding you to buy more items with hearts on it to up your dating points, that's all. Just make sure to buy one or two heart items in your wardrobe or furniture in the properties you bought. Good luck.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »

Hi. Ok, I have noooo idea what I'm doing, this is my first post ever and...omgggg! My husband has started insulting me every single time we go out to dinner! I wear my most beautiful outfits, jewelry, shoes, handbags, blah blah blah...And it doesn't matter if we go to Oak, The Shoreline Grill, La Rue, or Asadaux--he says things similar to "You're really brave to wear that outfit and not care what anybody thinks" and "You look great. I've seen better, but you look good." What!!!!????? Our relationship level is 9635, and I was looking forward to reaching 12,000 and having a baby, but now, what.is.up.??? I have plenty of gold hearts (and stars too) that I only have to fill four more whether it's a date or a gig, jeez, even Crystal hasn't verbally attacked me in forever, not Willow either! I'm A List #1--what's his problem?? Seriously, I'm muttering at him in my head at this point, like, "Excuse me?" or "WHAT did you just say to me?!"--and finally, a choice phrase or two I'm not even going to repeat here! Yikes! I buy him plenty of gifts, have two fully furnished beach houses, the condo and apartment, pets; his dump by the airport, and am about to buy the place in Milan...what does he want? Does anyone have any idea? Should I dump him, do you think?? Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank you so much!:(

Thank goodness my doll's outfits never gets insulted by her husband haha

In order to get the bonus heart on dates, you need to buy more clothing, cars, and funiture with the heart symbol so that your doll's husband can stop insulting your doll's outfits. Your game will tell you how much do you need in order to get the full bonus heart. For example, if your game tells you that you have 500/999 then that means that you don't have enough heart points.

tmp_15556_Screenshot_2015_12_07_17_48_33_1246597.png
    image ru
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Did he just start? Because IIRC I have had a husband or two long ago like that. It is their preprogrammed personality. You get a glimpse of it when you first meet. Some are into fashion and rude, some are super sappy, others are kinda nerdy and love sci-fi. If you have plenty of hearts via clothes and furniture and are A-list I think you are stuck with him acting this way. Maybe you could try upping your number of gold hearts, if that is the issue then you will always be dealing with this from time to time. Okay just googled for you and what I found is that given his personality even when nice he will say things like "That's a great outfit which is high praise coming from me." How many gold hearts do you have in total (check your closet they are on the side). Because according to what I just read he will stop when you max out.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Hi, hi, hi--thank you all so much for your help!

I have 1040 gold hearts; I don't know what the max number is...??...but I do get the bonus gold heart on dates.

He *is* the super sappy type, right from the beginning, really I can't stand when he says things like "...I could worship you..." and "...I know I'm needy..." or "...I wake with your name on my lips..." So his suddenly becoming the dating nightmare from hell is completely unexpected. I actually, coincidentally did buy a few of the new Balmain dresses and two tops, two new pairs of shoes, and a handbag yesterday after I asked my question here. Maybe I should buy a few more things today, double-checking the hearts vs. stars, because yesterday I bought what I liked, forgetting to check the business vs. dating aspects. I had to buy more K stars too, and I spent a little too much here this month, which I should have been spending in other ways irl! Probably I should go on a date first with a whole new outfit and see how he reacts, but I stopped "speaking" to him yesterday (heh!) and don't want him to sponge yet another date off me until the game makes it mandatory. Which will prob be very soon.

Again, thank you all so much; and any and all more suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated! <3
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hi! Some guys are just programmed to be d!cks, sorry.

I don't know about others, all the men I've dated who were arrogant when they flirted, were always mean during dates. Nothing I wear or do changes their personality. Not sure where they get that kind of arrogance from, but that's just the way they are and will be forever.

I say, if you want a baby, get it then dump him.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Hi! Some guys are just programmed to be d!cks, sorry.

I don't know about others, all the men I've dated who were arrogant when they flirted, were always mean during dates. Nothing I wear or do changes their personality. Not sure where they get that kind of arrogance from, but that's just the way they are and will be forever.

My doll's first husband used to be sappy. But when my doll gave him a makeover he changed for the worst and turned arrogant.

My doll divorced him and started dating her bodyguard. Even though my doll didn't have enough heart points, he was always sappy and say the sweetest compliments to my doll.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    My doll's first husband used to be sappy. But when my doll gave him a makeover he changed for the worst and turned arrogant.

My doll divorced him and started dating her bodyguard. Even though my doll didn't have enough heart points, he was always sappy and say the sweetest compliments to my doll.

Good on you!

I have yet to find a sweet guy who looks hot. All the hot guys in my game are either arrogant, or boring. And the ones who are really romantic are either nothing fancy or horrible.
    PM to add
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Hi, hi, hi--thank you all so much for your help!

I have 1040 gold hearts; I don't know what the max number is...??...but I do get the bonus gold heart on dates.

He *is* the super sappy type, right from the beginning, really I can't stand when he says things like "...I could worship you..." and "...I know I'm needy..." or "...I wake with your name on my lips..." So his suddenly becoming the dating nightmare from hell is completely unexpected. I actually, coincidentally did buy a few of the new Balmain dresses and two tops, two new pairs of shoes, and a handbag yesterday after I asked my question here. Maybe I should buy a few more things today, double-checking the hearts vs. stars, because yesterday I bought what I liked, forgetting to check the business vs. dating aspects. I had to buy more K stars too, and I spent a little too much here this month, which I should have been spending in other ways irl! Probably I should go on a date first with a whole new outfit and see how he reacts, but I stopped "speaking" to him yesterday (heh!) and don't want him to sponge yet another date off me until the game makes it mandatory. Which will prob be very soon.

Again, thank you all so much; and any and all more suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated! <3
    It's really not what you wear, believe it or not. You can be wearing the same old thing but if you just bought, or have been collecting house furniture with high heart points then yeah, you'll get compliments from your dates. It's anything that's being sold in our houses, cars, clothes, ect.

Same with professional gigs. If you buy a car, furniture, or clothes with a high star point then you won't have Ray, or whatever photographer insult you before your gig.
    GC: Zoë Strange