Options

Name calling and Maria?

CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
Okay so I don't know how I did it, but I was able to change my name with Maria. So, if you have a first and last name, everyone will always call you by your first and last name? Is there any way to get them to address you by first name only?

So since I am disliking the first and last name calling, I don't know how I would go to Maria to change my name back because her speech bubble isn't popping up no matter what I do. Can anyone troubleshoot this with me? Thank you so much!

Comments

• Options
    MauveMauve Registered Users 489 Posts
    Probably just getting rid of of your last name altogether. Yeah it sucks. But that's all. I'm not sure why the bubble isn't appearing at all. It should. Maybe it's an glitch.
    〖 Ramona Alomarah 〗
    ❁A++
    ❁Top 10.
    ❁Mother of two.
    ❁iOS player.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    No, they'll always address you by your full name. You can change your name once for free (and lose fans), but the next few times will cost you 50 KStars. Check out the post below that Moony wrote.

Oh and maybe it'll take some time before you can change your name again, but not sure if you want to pay 50 KStars for that.

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?128314-Changing-names
    PM to add
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »
    Okay so I don't know how I did it, but I was able to change my name with Maria. So, if you have a first and last name, everyone will always call you by your first and last name? Is there any way to get them to address you by first name only?

So since I am disliking the first and last name calling, I don't know how I would go to Maria to change my name back because her speech bubble isn't popping up no matter what I do. Can anyone troubleshoot this with me? Thank you so much!
    I hate the first and last name with a passion. It sounds so unnatural and contrived especially when you're addressing someone. My doll used to be called Erica Kane but I paid Maria the 50 Kstars to rename her just Erica.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    I hate the first and last name with a passion. It sounds so unnatural and contrived especially when you're addressing someone. My doll used to be called Erica Kane but I paid Maria the 50 Kstars to rename her just Erica.

Lol my government name sounded too professional for a celebrity name especially for my doll so that's why I changed my doll's name from the very beginning when my doll was a d-lister.

I actually like my doll being called Carol Davida because it sounds more cooler, unique, and her celebrity name stands out in the media.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm sorry this happened. I think Nai is right, you'll just have to wait to try again, but 50 Stars is a lot.

My games are confused, because the Name my Doll uses isn't the same name that shows if a friend wants to call me into a gig or something. Did you enter both first and last name by mistake? I've never done the change, so I don't know the exact mechanics of it, but, if it was an error, you can contact Customer Care and see if there is any alternative. Tech, if it was your mistake you pretty much have to live with it, or wait, pay and change it again, but if it was unclear, and an honest mistake, they may be able to help you.

And, the bubble missing is most likely because it is too soon to try again. I'm sorry this happened. :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »

Glad you changed her from Erica Kane to Erica. I never knew about the last name Kane, I just thought Erica was the name sake of a favorite TV Character. So, when AppleP sees your doll, should she think All My Children, or Being Erica? And, since everyone here has experienced the name change, Walk me through this?

My iOS game is Koko Kokonut in the Contact listing (I think) and the speach bubble says Koko. (Maria, Simon, etal call me Koko.) So, if I went to Maria, she can change Koko to AppleP, but I will still show in the contact lists as Koko Kokonut. Is this right? Because I'm thinking of making that change, then the Android that is addressed as Kat, can be changed to Koko. But the contact names will remain the same. Is this right?

Thanks for the voices of experience.

And Cilan, let me know how you make out with this?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yes, Koko.

Whatever name you change with Maria is your in-game name, and what Simon and all the tweets will address you with.

The name that your friends see in their friend list will not change with your in-game name. But it can be changed as well, depending on your G+ name and GC name.
    PM to add
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts

Yeah.. I find the first and last name calling to be like BLEH, especially when they are supposed to be your friends. I couldn't take it anymore and just paid Maria 50 stars to change back to my own name, which is probably what Glu wanted haha.

The weird thing is that in the tweets, it uses my whole first and last name before, but only uses the first name of my spouse. The spouses name is Diego Edwards, but the tweet says "Diego and Adam Silva have been all over the news!" So they DO have something to only pick apart the first name? Weird.
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Glad you changed her from Erica Kane to Erica. I never knew about the last name Kane, I just thought Erica was the name sake of a favorite TV Character. So, when AppleP sees your doll, should she think All My Children, or Being Erica? And, since everyone here has experienced the name change, Walk me through this?

My iOS game is Koko Kokonut in the Contact listing (I think) and the speach bubble says Koko. (Maria, Simon, etal call me Koko.) So, if I went to Maria, she can change Koko to AppleP, but I will still show in the contact lists as Koko Kokonut. Is this right? Because I'm thinking of making that change, then the Android that is addressed as Kat, can be changed to Koko. But the contact names will remain the same. Is this right?

Thanks for the voices of experience.

Lol I named her after the Susan Lucci character from All My Children, yes. But my GC name is Zoë Strange, with the Strange part from Being Erica because she was called Erica Strange.

KoKo, yeah you appear as Koko Kokonut on my contact list. So am I appearing as Zoë Strange? It would be nice if our GC names appeared as the names we chose in game.
    GC: Zoë Strange