Options

Weekend Event 12/18/15 ~ 'Twas the Week Before Christmas and What do we have?

123457Next

Comments

• Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    I noticed that too but was afraid to say something in case Glu pulled the plug on the k-stars.

Yep same reason I wasn't gonna bring it up and didn't bring up the house party thing either. hehe
  • Options
    HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    PolkaDot wrote: »
    Yep same reason I wasn't gonna bring it up and didn't bring up the house party thing either. hehe

Now i have a mental image of little Glu Elf reading that and panicking over the "house party thing." It spends the next day scouring the threads to see what it missed about house parties because heaven forbid we figure out a lucky glitch/situation. LOL
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Options
    stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    Stephk11, Someone said that after you do a gig with an NPC, you get the call about referring a friend. Is that how it happened? I get referrals, but I dont' ever get the call to refer someone. And that was awesome how you helped out AmyT that way.

Koko - PolkaDot provided some great info, and I'll share how it works for me, too.

I almost always do gigs with NPC's, rather than GC friends, just to get that blue star for small talking, which will eventually result in energy and or K stars when the "Industry Goal" is met. I have no idea what, if anything, sparks the "refer a friend" option when clicking on an NPC. Like PolkaDot said, it seems completely random. When it happened a few days ago, which Amy T referenced here, three NPC's in a row gave that referral option. About a month ago, I got the referral option from a couple of NPC's in one restaurant, and then traveled around the world and got about 15 more. It was crazy. And prior to that, it had been at least several months since that option popped up.

I like it, because other than gifting, it feels like a small way to connect with other players. And as a nice perk, there's a cash bonus (I think $750) if the player accepts the gig.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    stephk11 wrote: »
    Koko - PolkaDot provided some great info, and I'll share how it works for me, too.

I almost always do gigs with NPC's, rather than GC friends, just to get that blue star for small talking, which will eventually result in energy and or K stars when the "Industry Goal" is met. I have no idea what, if anything, sparks the "refer a friend" option when clicking on an NPC. Like PolkaDot said, it seems completely random. When it happened a few days ago, which Amy T referenced here, three NPC's in a row gave that referral option. About a month ago, I got the referral option from a couple of NPC's in one restaurant, and then traveled around the world and got about 15 more. It was crazy. And prior to that, it had been at least several months since that option popped up.

I like it, because other than gifting, it feels like a small way to connect with other players. And as a nice perk, there's a cash bonus (I think $750) if the player accepts the gig.

NPCs asking if you have recommendations for people to do gigs: This happens when you've tapped what the game considers enough--or too many--NPCs for blue stars towards (ah, the word escapes me just now). Then all you get are the "isabeau, do you know anyone who would be interested in making an appearance at Lif?" "isabeau, do you know anybody who can star in a commercial at Mirimount?" etc questions and no blue stars.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    HollySisk wrote: »
    Now i have a mental image of little Glu Elf reading that and panicking over the "house party thing." It spends the next day scouring the threads to see what it missed about house parties because heaven forbid we figure out a lucky glitch/situation. LOL

I'm doing that now, did I miss something lol!
    PM to add
  • Options
    Well Glu, here's our favor in song. Don't pull your stars out on us baby.

Awesome!👌🏻
  • Options
    I'm thinking maybe it's a little Christmas gift. OMG, can you imagine if this goes on for a few days? We love you Glu. Hey, it could happen.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe a little Xmas gift. Dear Glu: 😘💋
  • Options
    stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing, maybe a little Xmas gift. Dear Glu: 

Christmas may be over early. I just finished a 5 star gig. No K star. :(
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts

Same here :(
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yeah, I was coming here to mentin that as well, But......it lasted longer than we thought it would.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

I've done three 5-star gigs today--nope, no more K star at the end.