Options

How did this happen?

CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
So I decided to start a new game on my iPhone where I would try to play without spending anything. Just sort of for fun and to kill time without the effort that goes into Catherine Bay. I didn't even set up a separate gamecenter account or anything. While checking to see the free star option I accidentally clicked restore special purchases. The next thing I knew I got a call and Kstars from Kim referencing her birthday then I checked my closet and I have the following items : Khloe's long slinky red dress, the matching earrings, Kim's birthday outfit and hair, the red and black lacy dress, and the most recent blue dress and hair. Is this normal? The items I can sort of understand since they were purchased on the other iPad game but the birthday call and Kstars threw me off?!?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    um, call it a gift from Karma? Are there any other weird things going on with it? If not, grab the clothes, say "Thank You Glu" and do the Happy Dance. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
    Certainly not complaining! My little E-lister now looks like an A-lister! Nothing else seems weird at all. I just thought it was really strange because it seems that when people have lost their games in the past or lost items someone from Glu had to restore it yet somehow despite being on a totally different device I've been given old purchases from a current game.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    You said you used the same ID when setting up the account, the purchases that need Glu's assist are purchases made in the star shop. I show Glu my google play receipts, and Glu restores those star purchases. Vs - the game has stored those items you received/earned or pulled out of gift boxes in your account memory, so when you put in that google account info, the game thought
    'oh yeah, she has this stuff'. I have no idea how this will play out, unfortunately playing two games with one Google ID seems shaky to me, but I live cautiously. If it's saving to the Google cloud or servers, how does it know what data goes on what device, if you try to transfer to a new device or simply need to restore. But that is just me pointing out what could be a problem later on, or not.

its early, maybe I missed something.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary