Options

Lost my game

CatherineBayCatherineBay Registered Users 372 Posts
Needless to say I am enraged. I was visiting my family this weekend,loaned my brother my iPad which is short on space, he wanted to download an app to play a game, didn't have enough space, without asking or thinking he deleted KKH. Yep lost 34 levels, a husband,two kids, and all earned weekend items. Oddly enough when I got to the point where it asks your name the game provided the name Naomi instead. Oh and none of my Game Center friends are showing up.
However the real point of this is to ask none of my friends to send any gifts if you notice my sad status. I was able to restore all my previously purchased K-Stars so now I am a disgustingly wealthy E-lister and there is no need to waste your K-Stars on me. Although if someone wants to send that fab strapless white dress around level 28 I'll be very grateful as I use it for weddings. I'll be using my new wealth to gift more too but no need to gift back. Now time to go buy alllll the Balmain even though D-lister NPC characters won't speak to me. And also time to ignore just how disgusted I am seeing tangible evidence of how much I spent on this game.

Comments

• Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    CatherineB that's so awful :( I can't imagine how upset and angry you must be. You already had the white gown but I just gifted you a couple of other items. After this, my nephew is going nowhere near my game. I'm so sorry :(
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Thanks Amy. It isn't showing up and I defintley don't have it. I guess there is still a GC glitch where my old game is still showing up because I still can't see any GC friends. And yes this should serve as a warning to anyone who has kids that use their device. I couldn't even be angry at him because he had no idea it wasn't something that couldn't just be re-downloaded.
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Cat! That is so awful, I'm so sorry. I gifted you a couple things too. Man, that is a really sh itty thing to have happen. Is there no way you can recover your game from any point? Did you ever back up to your computer or anything? The cloud?
  • Options
    stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    I'm so sorry to hear this, Catherine. But I hope it's not too late. As Max mentions, you *may* be able to get your game back if you've backed up to iCloud. I was just checking this info on Reddit, and it sounds like it's possible. Here's a link with instructions: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_US

Please note - I have never done this before myself, and I have no idea if it will work, or if it will cause other problems with other apps/programs. But it sounds like it may be worth a shot. If you do decide to try it, I'd take a screenshot showing how many K stars you have, in case you purchased additional since your last backup.
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Oh no!! Are you sure you can't get it back trough iCloud? I delete my game and reinstall it every time I make a purchase to get the "free kstars" videos back. I've done it countless times with no issues.
  • Options
    Okay GC is now working but no gifts are showing up. Weird. I did submit a ticket to see if anything could be done so we'll see. I did keep screenshots of my closet so I at least have proof of my old items. Luckily I clicked restore purchases so I could get a few items back that were special purchases like the Kim birthday items and Khloe birthday items from a long time ago. I'm trying to be positive and if nothing can be further recovered I have a chance to play smarter for instance no buying petless homes!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I know how you feel (felt that for 2 months), but I recently got my game back, and its Android (Android is worse than Apple btw). And I'd like to believe you still have a chance at restoring your game. Do you have an iCloud backup on your computer? Oh and you shouldn't back up your iCloud for now since it holds the new game now. The main thing is do you have an iCloud backup of your old game on your computer?

On another note, I think you're super awesome for not getting mad at your brother. My brother once did the exact same thing but it was when I was level 10++ and I got super mad lol. I got mine back in the end hence I forgave him, haha!
    PM to add
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    y2E79xC.jpg

This is what I see now, Cat. I sent presents to your old account (top one) before your second one appeared in my game. I'll send a couple to the second. Sorry for my janky editing, but I wanted to maintain privacy just in case.
  • Options
    Nai I thought I think I backed it up at least once. Thanks for the reminder about backing this new one up. And yeah on the inside I was verrrrrry angry but since it was an honest mistake I didn't really let it show. Luckily it happened on a VIP weekend so I got a chance to get those items.

Max your gifts came through thank you so much! I'll send you somethings once I'm on a higher level because you have most of the low level items!

Someone else sent me the dress I requested but I'm blanking in who it was but whoever you are thank you!

Amy yours never came through but I sent you some gifts to hopefully make up for for spending money to send me things while my GC was showing my old game!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    If you have an iCloud backup on your computer which holds the old game, you can try retrieving it and get back your old game.
    PM to add
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    I would do an iCloud back up. Mine backs up every couple days on its own. Ive swapped d vi Es quit a few rile aomx I started playing and iCloud has everything back up so Jen I restore my phone from iCloud back up..!athe the bride game is there!
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    Caroline, I'm so sorry to hear this! Koko or someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in the past Glu have been able to restore special event items for players if they provide proof, like screencaps. Maybe try contacting Glu with any pictures you have of your old closet, or of your doll wearing the items. I'm not 100% sure it will work, but it can't hurt!
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Oh, Catherine I'm so sorry :( this is awful.. I hope you able to get some of the special items back... I'll send you some gifts later <3
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I would do an iCloud back up. Mine backs up every couple days on its own. Ive swapped d vi Es quit a few rile aomx I started playing and iCloud has everything back up so Jen I restore my phone from iCloud back up..!athe the bride game is there!

Don't you mean restore? If she backs up now she's got nothing.

Yes, Catherine can get her special purchases from the star shop restored, but I think she said she has that under control in her first post. I have my fingers crossed that you can restore from the old game.

Also......please try Apple Support. They were awesome when I online chatted, and they did eveything from their end to get me switched to a new device. At least talk to them, see if they can help. They can probably dig around better, it never hurts to take a minute and try it. THe online instant chat with AppleSupport is awesome. Fingers crossed, and you are much more forgiving than I would have been
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Catherine, I'm seeing two of you in my game. One is an A lister and the other is C lister?!
    I sent gifts to the C lister.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Don't you mean restore? If she backs up now she's got nothing.

Yes, Catherine can get her special purchases from the star shop restored, but I think she said she has that under control in her first post. I have my fingers crossed that you can restore from the old game.

Also......please try Apple Support. They were awesome when I online chatted, and they did eveything from their end to get me switched to a new device. At least talk to them, see if they can help. They can probably dig around better, it never hurts to take a minute and try it. THe online instant chat with AppleSupport is awesome. Fingers crossed, and you are much more forgiving than I would have been

Apple actually store several of your last updates, so there is a great possibility it's still there!!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    I know, that's why I thought if anyone could dig it up (lack of better term) it would be the Geniuses at Apple. I'm sorry but the extent that they helped me right after Christmas was phenomenal. I'm getting my new phone in a coupld of days, and I'm petrified of making the switch......it's Android.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SpleenSpleen Registered Users 321 Posts
    I know, that's why I thought if anyone could dig it up (lack of better term) it would be the Geniuses at Apple. I'm sorry but the extent that they helped me right after Christmas was phenomenal. I'm getting my new phone in a coupld of days, and I'm petrified of making the switch......it's Android.

I always got my game back with Android :) I once lost my phone, got a new one and my phone downloaded all the apps I had on the old one thanks to my Google+ account. I didn't even have to do a thing, I got my KKH account back and it was nearly the same. Then my nephew deleted my game, I thought I would never got my game back since it wanted me to create a new character at first. I uninstalled it, then downloaded it again but from Google Play this time and I got my account back exactly as I left it. I was so happy because I read so many stories of people losing their game so I didn't have a lot of hope.
    I hope your switch will work!

• Options

Yes, Apple is VERY good. I am not saying they won't help, but when you plug your phone into iTunes or you select the iCloud it will pull up multiple dates of back ups and you can select the date you'd like. I've been with Apple for 6+ years and I haven't had any troubles with them or restoring from a backup. I've got kiddos and I've got a nephew so I've had my fair share of deleted apps. So if you didn't want to do the phone thing..
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Catherine, thank you for the beautiful earrings!

I'm sorry you didn't receive my gifts, Glu still took kstars for them! Grrr! :( I hope you got the white gown from someone. You aren't showing up in my game now, I hope you get fixed soon and I'll try and gift you again. Let me know if there's anything in particular you would like.

Good luck with getting this problem sorted.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Oh, see I had to hook it up through my computer just last month, and since I'd been playing for 2 years (almost) and never did that before, so unless I know it's a very tech savvy person, I approach it from the Squeamish Level. Like me. :) I didn't care if they thought I was slow, anything about my game has the seriousness of brain surgery. If I lost my game, I would be too freaked out to handle anything without someone's assurance I was doing it right.

From the Android standpoint, the game stored on the device, would just get buried a little more each time a player went in to try and get their game back. My advice is always going to be one of least chance for disaster. :) If you're like me, contact Apple and say "help me please" if you've got more experience, and feel comfortable going solo, there's lots of good advice here for you Cat. I'm sending all the good thoughts and vibes your way.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmyT wrote: »
    Catherine, thank you for the beautiful earrings!

I'm sorry you didn't receive my gifts, Glu still took kstars for them! Grrr! :( I hope you got the white gown from someone. You aren't showing up in my game now, I hope you get fixed soon and I'll try and gift you again. Let me know if there's anything in particular you would like.

Good luck with getting this problem sorted.

You are welcome Amy. And thank you everyone for the advice as well as for the gifts:)

Koko I think I will be going the call Apple route because I'm pretty good with normal issues but as you said this is game related brain surgery. I'm totally okay with being quietly judged by the person on the other end of the line if they can get my game back.
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    You are welcome Amy. And thank you everyone for the advice as well as for the gifts:)

Koko I think I will be going the call Apple route because I'm pretty good with normal issues but as you said this is game related brain surgery. I'm totally okay with being quietly judged by the person on the other end of the line if they can get my game back.

Thank you so much for the ring!! I've had my eye on it since the beginning, but idk why I never got it! So thank you :) I hope you got the few things I sent you. I'm a little low on Kash after buying a new house :) and this weekend I was able to earn back some k stars after chasing hair 2 weeks in a row haha!! So if there's anything specific you want, just let me know! I know it must be hard having to start all over and not being able to purchase most of the nice clothes until you get to a certain level. I'm hoping they can get your normal game back asap :) but in the mean time, let me know what you want/need and I'll be happy to help out however I can!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Oh ouch! I'm so sorry Cat!!

I actually came on to thank you for the gifts, then I saw your post. So.... Thank you!!! :*

I had actually sent you a gift the other day on the new character, not realizing it was a new character. Cuz I ran into you in town and wasn't paying attention lol. So after that, and with the gifts I sent today we are now dating! Haha! But thanks again!! :)

I hope you are able to get your game back!!! Extra good luck! ;)
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Oh ouch! I'm so sorry Cat!!

I actually came on to thank you for the gifts, then I saw your post. So.... Thank you!!! :*

I had actually sent you a gift the other day on the new character, not realizing it was a new character. Cuz I ran into you in town and wasn't paying attention lol. So after that, and with the gifts I sent today we are now dating! Haha! But thanks again!! :)

I hope you are able to get your game back!!! Extra good luck! ;)

I sent her a gift too and we're also dating hahaha. I just started adding friends recently and was like "why am I dating everyone?! They probably think I'm a creep!" Haha. So funny :p

So I see below your avatar that you're from Visalia! That's so funny because my boyfriend is too, and I also have family there :) and I'm from good old Stockton hahaha! Sorry, that was random, but I had to mention it :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo