Options

Game Freezing & Crashing

KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
Hi Koko!

So I've been having this problem for about a month or so. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason but sometimes I'll be flying somewhere, trying to take a photo, leaving a home/event and the screen just goes black and....that's it. I've waited for it to try to escape it's funk but nothing! I usually have to force close and reopen the app again

It's obviously something going on with trying to connect to the internet, but it's the only app that is having troubles and nothing else connected to the internet is dealing with this :confused:

I have an Ipad
Version 9.2.1
I just hit Level 38 this weekend.

Any suggestions?

edit: been keeping a record and it basically seems to freeze every 5 minutes. It had been freezing before but NOT this bad.
Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
let me know and i'll approve quicker!
IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Do you still have ads in your game? I ask because that is exactly what was happening to my 2ndary Android. Just as you describe but it was every time the screen changed. But my device was suffering. My solution was to buy stars, and end the ads. My game play took on a whole different vibe, and it increased my interest greatly, even beyond saving my device or my game.

If it's not ads, then, since it's Apple. I'm on my latest campaign to ask apple support. Their online support chat from a laptop is phenomenal. They totally took over the switchover of my game, along with everything else to my new device. And another doll here had a problem with something, remembered I said try the Geniuses at Apple chat, and they brought back her 'lost game'. so, even if they can't help you, they should be able to tell you what that problem ON THEIR PRODUCT indicates. If nothing else, they'll recognize 'oh, that's because your signal is momentarily dropping down for a loss of connectictivy." (How was that? Totally off the top of my head explanation) Hopefully what the Apple person tells you will mean something. My answer could be put on a tech Magic 8 Ball. You know the toy where you ask a question and there are 8 answered and one pops up?.

Anyway, try that first. then come back and tell us what they said and we'll take it from there. And, it's free, and they give great answers. It's what separates Apple from Andoid, all of them. (But I love my android devices, too.)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hey Koko

I think it was ads, cause sometimes it would kinda delay and then one would show up.

Also, MAYBE good news. It hasn't frozen up in the past few days (knock on wood). I'll def know if this worked by weekend's event, but I basically forced shut down the Ipad and made it restart itself. If it starts to act all funky again I'll def ask Apple since they're like one of the few help chats I've tried in this tech world! Thanks for the suggestion!
    IOS

• Options
    Sorry to bump this, but ever since the update it's happening again! It still seems to happen when an ad is supposed to be there. This is the only game it happens on too. I thought I fixed it before by just shutting down my Ipad, but nope. That doesn't work this time.

Last night it was happening like every few minutes. While it's not as bad right now (knock on wood!) it is still happening
    IOS

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Don't worry about bumping if it's happening again, the thread was less than a month old. I had a device that was crashing when the ads came on. I'm not pushing you to buy stars to please Glu, but seriously buying the 10$ pack of stars was the best investment I made in the game. Any of those packages purchased will remove the ads, and to be honest, that solved my problem, and let me play till Christmas when I got a new device. Even the smaller 5$ package will kill the ads.

Other than that, you can ask Customer Care about it. Since it is Apple, you always have the advantage of being able to chat with Apple Support, explain what's happening, and see if they have any advice? I have found that even when it has to do with apps performing on our devices, if it's Apple, they'll try and help.

Not being able to depend on your game being there and playable, is something that drives me mad when it happens. Good luck, and definitely consider buying a package, and contacting Apple Care.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary