Options

What happens when changing partners?

RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
I know I'm going to sound like a horrible person but, does anyone have experience changing partners? I'm currently married and have my eye on another character, and was curious as to what would happen if I persue them. If you flirt with another character when married does your spouse find out? What happens when you do break up with your spouse, do you lose fans?

As a second part to the question: the character I'm currently married to is a friend's doll. The character I have my eye on is an NPC. Are there any differences in being in a relationship with an NPC vs a friend's doll? (For example, currently I can gift items to my spouse and it's up to the other player to make the doll wear them, will dating an NPC give me the control to change their outfits?)

PHEW! Sorry for the long post! Thanks in advance for any help!
iOS
Ruby » level 35 A+++

Comments

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    You can date other people even if your doll is married. Nothing will happen to your marriage as long as you keep having your 1 date per day with them. If you stop dating the character you are married to, they will break up with you and you with lose a small amount of fans.

When gifting NPCs, you totally control their wardrobe and what they wear. The only thing you cannot change on them is hair, skin, and facial features.
    iOS
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    I know I'm going to sound like a horrible person but, does anyone have experience changing partners? I'm currently married and have my eye on another character, and was curious as to what would happen if I persue them. If you flirt with another character when married does your spouse find out? What happens when you do break up with your spouse, do you lose fans?

As a second part to the question: the character I'm currently married to is a friend's doll. The character I have my eye on is an NPC. Are there any differences in being in a relationship with an NPC vs a friend's doll? (For example, currently I can gift items to my spouse and it's up to the other player to make the doll wear them, will dating an NPC give me the control to change their outfits?)

PHEW! Sorry for the long post! Thanks in advance for any help!

I don't know about going out with other characters when you are married buy when you are dating is not a problem. When you get a divorce you do lose fans and I think the number depends on the level of the relationship. I've lost a million and 500 thousand fans for getting divorce while the relationship was at its max (2 babies) so yeah, you do lose fans.

The relationship is different, when you date an NPC you can gift and you can change their clothes but the options are not much...some of the regular clothes or accesories are not in the NPC closet and of course no weekend event clothes.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Thank you Ali and Stardust!
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • Options
    nicopiconicopico Registered Users 2 Posts
    I started dating a a lister while I was married to a d lister. It was fine as long as I went out with my husband. The a lister asked me to get serious and I accepted. I waited until I got to #1 and started the comeback mission before I divorced my husband so I wouldn't lose any fans. But next my new boyfriend got mad even though he had never asked me out and I had to pay 17 stars to keep him, I guess he couldn't ask me out when I was still married...lol
  • Options
    BekahSavageBekahSavage Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    So I married a D lister a while ago. Mainly because I wanted to have kids. Now I'm a A list celebrity and he's still a D list. (He is a character from the game.) A long while ago Cassio had asked me out but I turned him down because my character was married. Now I'm super annoyed with my character's husband and wish I could go and be with Cassio. What happens if I break up with my husband? Will I lose fans? And will I ever get another chance to be with Cassio? 
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    So I married a D lister a while ago. Mainly because I wanted to have kids. Now I'm a A list celebrity and he's still a D list. (He is a character from the game.) A long while ago Cassio had asked me out but I turned him down because my character was married. Now I'm super annoyed with my character's husband and wish I could go and be with Cassio. What happens if I break up with my husband? Will I lose fans? And will I ever get another chance to be with Cassio? 

You can't actually date Cassio in the game, but he'll show up in storylines and flirt with you. If you break up with your husband you will lose fans UNLESS you just delete him from your contacts list. Then you won't lose fans and it'll be like he never existed. You also keep any babies