Options

Game only works on wifi

RaztasticalRaztastical Registered Users 26 Posts
When I first started playing the game I could play anywhere even when I wasn't connected to wifi because I have a data plan. But now my game only works on wifi. If I'm not connected to wifi it says it can't connect and is stuck on the loading screen. Please fix this! I play iOS, latest version, level 28.

Comments

• Options
    Naomi_Naomi_ Registered Users 8 Posts
    Hi Raztastical, this is also happening to me!

I have no problems connecting to the game over wifi, but receive the “We can’t connect to the network. Please check your network connection and try again.” error message whenever wifi is not available. I first noticed this happening on February 5th and have been unable to connect using data since.

I’ve checked that cellular data is enabled for the game and have restarted my device a number of times. Also, I want to note that I have no issues connecting to the Kendall & Kylie game using data, so this issue might be limited to KKH.

Glu, please help!

iPhone 6s
    iOS 9.2.1
    Level 38
    Female
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. I'm sorry you're having this problem, but on the KK:H Support and FAQs site I found this:
    [h=2]I keep getting a network error.
    [/h] You'll want always to use a reliable WiFi connection rather than 3G or 4G.

Even if you have good signal strength showing for your WiFi connection, your bandwidth may be limited if the network is congested (For example, if there are many other users sharing the network and/or others are doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as streaming video.)

and then I searched Connection, and this seemed appropriate:

[h=2]Why am I getting an error message saying it "cannot connect," via my mobile connection?
    [/h] Certain mobile service providers recently changed their systems to require a new internet technology. Kim Kardashian: Hollywood now supports this, so be sure to update to the newest version of the game so you may connect via mobile.

So, I would look around that section and see if anything helps. It is confusing, because the first one, says only use wifi, and the 2nd gives other instructions.

You can always submit a question to Customer Care and see if they can help you further. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Naomi_Naomi_ Registered Users 8 Posts
    Hi Koko, thank you so much for your quick response and for digging through the threads.

My concerns is, I've never experienced any issues connecting in the past and now am unable to connect at all via data. I'm on a LTE network and consistently have full bars. Also, as previously stated, I am able to connect to other Glu games successfully, which is confusing to me. I'm definitely running the latest version of Hollywood.

I'm curious to see if there are any other players experiencing this issue. Would you recommend that we wait for a respond from Glu here on the forums or is it better to contact Customer Care directly?

Thanks,
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    If a large number of people posted with the same issue, we could elicit some patch or fix perhaps, but I think it's best if you do contact customer care so they can go through steps with you one on one. Tell them you're on the latest version of the game, as directed by the FAQ section, and it still doesn't help.

This way you have 2 irons in the fire so to speak and you're getting the ball rolling.We'll keep this open and see if more people complain of the same issue. But if you need to connect via your phone provider, then contact customer care. Good luck. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary