Options

Weekend Event 2/26/16 ~ Oscar Weekend and EVERYBODY's Nominated!!!

12346Next

Comments

• Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    yeah. It makes no sense to break even star wise on the weekend events. I did the first on all 3 games, I'll probably wait till the event ends to do the others. I love your Avatar Keem. You really rock that look. It reminds me of Liz Taylor in the original Father on the Bride.

Thank you, Koko! What a compliment! Liz was in her most beautiful in that movie! I totally get that vibe now too since you've mentioned it!
    I do "mini stories" starring my doll. The avatar was from her "flight attendant" disguise!
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    yeah. It makes no sense to break even star wise on the weekend events. I did the first on all 3 games, I'll probably wait till the event ends to do the others. I love your Avatar Keem. You really rock that look. It reminds me of Liz Taylor in the original Father on the Bride.

I finished Sister Sister just a little while ago. I got the $3,000 kash and a star, don't remember about xp. But then with the green tappable that comes at the end of gigs, I got another $4,000 kash and a 2nd star.
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    I finished Sister Sister just a little while ago. I got the $3,000 kash and a star, don't remember about xp. But then with the green tappable that comes at the end of gigs, I got another $4,000 kash and a 2nd star.

I didn't get the extra 4k kash Or extra star! Was I supposed to NOT charm the sisters into making up?! Lol.....
    Oh well! Right now, every 14 energy = 1 kstar with the so chic 1h gig! Good time to grind!
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Keem wrote: »
    I didn't get the extra 4k kash Or extra star! Was I supposed to NOT charm the sisters into making up?! Lol.....
    Oh well! Right now, every 14 energy = 1 kstar with the so chic 1h gig! Good time to grind!
    I did just that and got nothing. I was at the downtown LA SC.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »

That's a work shift, doesn't count. You'll have to do the 1h advertisement gig at Metropolitan Magazine, which you'll get from Mia at So Chic London.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Keem wrote: »

No. I don't know, I paid to charm them too. Also, I see people mentioning a Kardashian Quiz--where is *that*?? And the Scorpius gig--ordinary, no big deal is made about it, and the guy isn't even cute. More, there's no storyline there, it's just one shoot and then ~fin~ Is it supposed to be James 007 Bond's Specter? (Which is a great movie.) I mean, wth "Scorpius"? I wish I hadn't bothered; it's pointless and I have a few other gigs lined up. It was a waste of time; leave it for the last *non-storyline* gig.
  • Options
    isabeau wrote: »
    I see people mentioning a Kardashian Quiz--where is *that*??

Oh, there's no such quiz in the game. That conversation went a little off-topic. :p

Haven't started the weekend gig yet. Wish it'd just go away after the event..

• Options
    Zoyechka wrote: »

Sorry! I should have specified the so chic job given from Mia in London!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

E Started Koverage, so I thought this would be right.

Joan Rivers was a National Treasure, and she was the first to say she was as dusty as the caves in the the Nick Cage movie series.

930df355-c596-4214-a9f6-8ac778746986_zps0el6hjxy.jpg

I really miss Joan. Her Fashion Police was such a great show.

So, as the weekend winds down,

Let's do one more Fashion change and post our dolls in one more Oscar night red carpet walk.

Let's keep the Red carpet Background, and maybe we'll make a group photo or something.

What do you think? And, remember, let's not forget to give Joan a little something to comment on.

Joan_zpsc0dwfvf6.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    that joan is nightmare inducing XD

tumblr_o3a8e9yrYy1qfvh9po1_500.jpg

My favorite informal-but-fancy suit look while giving you a little Buddy Holly with the hair and glasses ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    KKH_Screenshot_1456705280572.jpg

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Oh I do miss Joan, she was one of the most funny and witty people ever. Loved her on Fashion Police, it's just not the same without her. However, now I love it when Nene Leakes is a guest presenter. She's hilarious too :)

Live from the Red Carpet is also showing right now on E! in the UK. Unfortunately we don't get to see the actual awards ceremony :( so I'll have to find out who won what in the morning.

Here's another Red Carpet attempt :) I still love this dress, definitely one of my favourites and I WISH I owned it irl!!!
    Please be nice, Joan! Xx
    2CCCCDD3-476F-4BB7-B93F-31BC3675A300_zps3bclicll.jpg
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Xwjq69z.png

I'm so happy for Leo! My all time favorite actor :o

Also, congrats to Sharmeen Obaid! Truly deserved for the work she's been doing to highlight such issues, and inspire change.

JEUaEa6.png

Now she's the first Pakistani to win two Academy Awards!! :)

• Options
    LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Here's Lyanna's red carpet look. So happy for Leo! 20 years so worth the wait to make it that much sweeter and to speak out about climate change is fantastic. Love him, my perfect man!

9644E615-1B41-4F8D-B74E-7865EFC0A909_zpslwv0kbuw.jpg
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    http://49CA6B61-3F09-4227-A781-E6DBD2B7871C.jpg
    My dolls face when Leo FINALLY won!!! He so deserved it and gave such an amazing acceptance speech!! Also, Lada Gaga almost made me cry! That performance was great <3
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    I love Leo. His eyes are the piercing kind. One gaze into those eyes and I would be mush. I love old movies, and Brando's eyes were the same in his younger days, You guys know what I mean. That sparkle that just locks in and makes you melt. He's basically taken over George Clooney's role as most eligible bachelor (Omg, spell check with a typo gave me edible. time to take a seat.) I'm really glad he won.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Update the game, Glu!!!
  • Options
    I wasn't very inspired to play this event. I will say this, though--while I disliked the flower ring, it just looks like a black blob on my doll's hand, and I didn't want the earnables at all...my free box had 4,000K; but I took a chance on another and got the VIP shoes--love; which caused me to open another then, and I got the black evening bag with silver metal treatment--exactly perfect for all the Balmain pieces, so I'm really glad I lucked out there too. I really, really wanted the VIP dress, but decided not to push my luck. Anyway, I keep saying, I see all over the place that Glu is listening, even if in little ways; and I really appreciate that. Kim's Pick, which in the teaser someone picked up from Instagram, looked like it said $19.99, but was in fact, as we all know, $9.99. And that price was good. I didn't buy it though--I'd been seeing the dress and bracelet--bracelet set--neither of which I cared for too much--on a couple of NPCs for a fairly long time. I don't think it was right that something that was supposed to special had been reduced to something common, and so the dress was undesirable to me, as well as the bracelets, which I recognized from NPCs too, and they look bad on the doll's wrists. To me, anyway. The similar-looking-ultimately-but-nicer single bracelet in the closet is so much nicer. Not cool to dress pedestrian dummy characters in things before we've gotten a chance to see, to like, to buy things ourselves first. Why did Glu give priority to NPCs here? That makes no sense. Had these things been new to me I probably would've bought the triple set. And before I was aware that the bracelets didn't look good. Can we please keep the special things a priority for paying players, not nonexistent pieces of furniture? It spoiled it for me. Ok, well, that's that. (Sorry, this is all disjointed; I'm having a nervous breakdown today. :( )
  • Options
    Those dresses look great on you Kayla. :) I love the Black One. I wish we had stockings with feet in them. THe footless tight look is just wrong in heels.

I know! I love footless tights in the summer--you know, open shoes, sandals; but otherwise they don't look good much like the men's too short-pants. But there might be a problem with the foot part and shoes, I don't really know, but I *have* seen problems with that--it's a weird overlay, not good--in a game or two. So we have to go with boots, ankle boots, knee-high boots, etc., when we use the tights. It ends up I just about never use them. I have to say, though, I've seen the triplets with the tights looking sooo good, and I'm like, sh*t, how does she always do that?!
  • Options
    Aww, no nervous breakdowns without chocolate. Do you have chocolate isabeau? Wanna talk about it? I love the bee antennae. My little dumplings have them too. But seriously, things seem better when you vent. Tissues or wine?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Here's my dolls Oscar looks. Carolyn Ferocious was gonna boycott and not bother to even show up at the award ceremony because this year the categories lacked diversity. But Carol Davida convinced her to not be a no-show to the event (ahem Jada Pinkett Smith, Will Smith, and Spike Lee) so her BFF had to attend to hear Chris Rock tackle the issue.

image.php?di=AIVIP.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    got this notification hmm

WScxjph.jpg
    PM to add
  • Options
    Aww, no nervous breakdowns without chocolate. Do you have chocolate isabeau? Wanna talk about it? I love the bee antennae. My little dumplings have them too. But seriously, things seem better when you vent. Tissues or wine?

Aw, thank you Koko. Tissues and something a liiiiittle bit stronger than wine. A bottle of Skinny Girl White Cranberry Cosmo. I do have chocolate--the *healthy* kind (ha!): Reese's miniature peanut butter cups--4 grams of protein! Sadly, though, five have 200 calories (not too terrible), but 13 grams of fat, ouch! So I only eat about two. I also have dried Montmorency cherries covered with dark chocolate--ugh, I hate dark chocolate, but a little bit is supposed to be healthy, and it's real fruit; the cherries are what taste so good; but to me, eating dark chocolate makes me feel like I'm eating a lemon. So this type of chocolate is not a fun or happy experience. I wish the Farmers' Market at Union Square was there today, I would get a few homemade vanilla marshmallows, maybe one or two chocolate covered, just to have a little stash. Barring that, I could walk over to Starbucks and get a grande caramel macchiato. No, never mind the whole creation business; I'll just buy a bottle of the caramel and guzzle that. Caramel is so important in life. I always ask them when they're drizzling it over the coffee--Can you please put in a lot, a lot, a lot? Or I can just drink it alone....? They always laugh and give me plenty. Oh! Have you ever had the vanilla bean frappuccino? If you happen to want something without coffee, this is an absolute must, you go straight to heaven. Or a white chocolate mocha...hot or iced caramel macchiato....Come with, ok? We can drag Carol along too!
  • Options
    EmilyJaneEmilyJane Registered Users 33 Posts
    Kim wore something like this for an after party according to Google, so AppleP wore it, and met up with Xan outside the theatre.

F6BA6DD1-0D14-4BBC-A822-30B37B9033BA_zps6yp4sdjk.jpg

Please can you tell me where you got that green dress? It's stunning.