Options

Gameplay Feedback/Suggestion: ENERGY ISSUES

dennisfandennisfan Registered Users 4 Posts
Hi,

I am really enjoying this game! I've made it to the "A" list and am slowly approaching the Top 100 list (I'm at 134 or something like that). In any case, there are a few issues that I have noted while playing:

I. the ratio to energy vs. work is VERY off. The game keeps slamming me with work requests, and the energy regeneration is waaaay too slow! Painfully slow. I think the game should consider the following modifications:

1. When a player is in one of their homes, the energy should restore twice as fast.
2. When a player is on a date, they should either not use energy or us 1/2 the amt of energy
a. If the player has a spouse, the spouse should pay for 1/2 of ALL DATES. I married
a bum who NEVER contributes or buys me gifts!

II. players should have the option of declining jobs/offers for EVERYONE. I understand that this is Kim's game, but there needs to be some reciprocity in the game (i.e., I can use her for gigs without hangouts or paying). So, every time I do her or her family a "favor," I should get to use them for a gig. The "relationship" in the game is very one-sided. Allowing players to decline jobs/offers would also make the game more complex because there is an upside and a downside to everything. If a player declines jobs, clearly, they will progress more slowly and it will affect their relationship with other characters (i.e., every time I decline a gig with Kim, our relationship loses like 5 points out of 100), but the relationship should develop every time I help her or her sisters or her mother. Once we get to a certain level, I should just be able to call on them without paying or doing a "hangout."

The game slams users with SO MANY JOBS that there are parts of the game that are rarely used (i.e., parties, dates, hangouts). There is just no time! I understand that in real life there are always trade-offs. But in real life I don't have 6 8-hour jobs to complete!!! And then be expected to date/have a baby, etc.!

I am an "A" list celeb who is broke, has no car, and my wardrobe sucks because the pay is so low compared to the costs in the game! I get it, Kim is trying to make money. I respect that. I've spent a few bucks in the game, but let's be a little more fair to users and raise the pay to be more realistic compared to the costs of items in the game.

III. There needs to more complex interactions with character. I go home and my "husband" is just standing there looking creepy. We can't talk or interact. He never leaves the house for work. I can't invite him to join me for gigs. It's just...weird!

But far and away, my #1 biggest complaint is the way energy regenerates. It is just not done in a way that is proportionate to the way a character has to function in the game.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. I was going to move this to Suggestions, but I think you need help in game strategies. The thing that jumped out at me, was your saying you're A list, Broke, and don't have a car. The biggest improvement to the game, and the key to not being broke, and having all the energy at your disposal you can tap for, is when you stop paying for transportation. Do you have the jet? When you have the jet and the car, you no longer pay anything for transportation. that means when you've used your 'full tank' of energy in a gig, you then can 'scrounge' for energy at no cost to yourself. If you can travel across the playing globe tapping for energy. It's what we all do. And each item you pick up after tapping takes 5 seconds off your recharge time.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forum.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Yes... If anything, I would get the jet and car.

It's harder at the lower levels, because there are less locations avaliable and the tappables regenerate every 2 minutes or so, so you won't have enough places to go before you start back at the beginning... But once you level up and get access to more locations, you will be able to travel everywhere in a non-stop loop tapping the tappables. I have a 40 energy bar and can fly around tapping that to full in like 20 or so minutes.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    By the same token, at the lower levels you still get 1 hour gigs, where 5 or 6 taps of energy will fill a whole star. So it really is relative. But between the 'public' transportation between Calif places can nickle and dime you to the poor house if you're gathering more energy.

The best thing I ever did, was buy Stars. I wanted the ads to stop crashing my junky tablet, so I bought 105 KStars, killed the ads and that plus the stars I had was enough for the jet. When I saw my bank account building, I quickly bought those packages for the other two games, even though the devices were not having any issues. Such a game changer. Good luck. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary