Options

GC Friend?

lacquerlacquer Registered Users 3 Posts
Hi!
I added my friend to my GC, and sent her a gift. Suddenly, we were romantically involved, which is an issue seeing as how I wanted her for gigs and I have no desire to date her. Is there ANY way to reset our friendship? I've tried removing her from GC and re-adding her and waiting a bit for the servers to update, but that didn't work.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    As far as removing and adding people, it takes a while, some faster, some just linger. So I don't know if that will help. I hate that we have to be so careful to not gift before we work with someone. I have friends that I made that mistake with. Going from professional to romantic is doable early on, but I know of no way to reverse from romantic to professional.

But, you can invite them in on photoshoots and any other professional gig, you just won't get relationship points with them. Look at it this way. Had you done professional with them, and used them a lot, you would eventually max them out. I have most of my closest friends here maxed out. So, I still work with them, I just don't get further points with them.

So, if you removing and re adding them doesn't work, the only alternative I know of is working with them for no relationship benefits. Don't even take them to lunch or any 'date' even once. If you do, then you don't keep it up, they'll break up with you and then you can't work with them, you can't invite them to parties. They're OUT of your game, unless you 'charm' them. (I once paid 56 Stars to get the connection back between my Androids. And, just because they are a heart relationship, as long as you don't date, you're free to bring them in for any gig, and any party.

I hope this helps.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    It does, koko. Thank you... it was answer I was kind of expecting but afraid of. It's so annoying that we can't gift or we'll be dating!
    I do have another question though. I played long ago when the game first came out, and recently started again. I am on an iPad Air with the most recent iOS. When I go to the star shop, there is no button for the videos, on any of the sections. Other than the purchase buttons, I only see "restore special purchases." I understand that this was a very common issue a while ago based off of google searches, but do you know of any potential fixes for it? I thought I'd ask here instead of making an entirely new thread. >u>;
  • Options
    I'd suggest you submit a ticket to customer care, and tell them you have no buttons to watch videos for stars.

And, you can gift. But either know for sure that something isn't a heart item, or the best thing to do is not gift until AFTER you have worked with a new friend, and have extablished them as a professional contact. One quick 3 hour gig, will set up your Real Player contact as a 'work friend..

For videos, it's a very tricky situation. Customer care can rattle of a list of variables, but I hope they're able to help you. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi Koko, I received a reply from customer care, and thought I'd share it with you so that maybe someone else can be helped.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care.

At this time, we have been advised that after making a certain number of purchases (in dollar amount) you will lose the option for free offers. We have addressed this with the team and they are considering changing this in the future. Thank you for the feedback, we'll pass this along to the team.

Regards,
    Glu Mobile Customer Care

I have to admit, this is a bit infuriating. The fact that I've spent money means that I'm labelled as a potential money source, and I'm not given the opportunity that others are given. I mean I understand the monetary reasons, but it's still kinda ****py. >_<
  • Options
    It's optimistic, but believe me, if the team is working on it, they'll come up with a fix. I'm sure Glu realizes, if they have people who spend money in the game, taking away their ability to grab a few free stars is going to upset the paying customer. So, I think that's where the optimism comes from.

But, back to your first issue, I hope I helped with ways to still play with your friend, even though you're listed as romantically involved. If it's like a close friend, I'd marry them in the game to always have them around. Or, just take the hit in relationship points and just work with them anyway, but unless you want to marry...do not even take them to lunch, because when the heart icon breaks, you will have to pay to get them back. I gave a friend things, turned out to be hearts, so although I have a heart icon for relationship, and I have 250 points from gifts, as long as I never take her on a date, I can still bring her into gigs, and parties, with no repercussions.

And lets keep our fingers crossed for that glitch to be fixed. Seeing in writing that the team is working on it, you don't get much better than that. Till it's fixed of course.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary