Options

Black screen after 9.3 update

haloghenhaloghen Registered Users 24 Posts
Hi! After I updates my ios to 9.3, my game suddenly went weird. There are random instances where I experience black screen. The only way around for this is to forcefully close my game and restart it again. I tried purchasing a small amount of k-star just to remove the advertisement thinking that the ads may be the cause yet nothing happened.

Is anyone experiencing the same situation? Its frustrating to close and open the game and its not happening more frequently. Any help? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm sorry this is happening. I took the iOS update and suffered no issues. Is this only happening with the KK:H game? I'd submit a ticket to customer care. Explain what happened, and give them all your device info. You could also touch base with Apple Support. I love their instant chat from my desktop. They might have a tweak or two. And, they go above and beyond. (It's why we pay so much for Apple products). And, I have to ask about your device. Is it due to be retired or in great shape?

If anyone else is having this issue, please post here so we can work together. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi koko! Thanks for the response! Im currently using iphone 6s plus 64gb.
  • Options
    Ok, so it's not an old machine on it's last legs. Stratch that then. So, you submitted a ticket to customer care? And if you talk to Apple, they set me up to back it up on itunes and make sure a current save is there. My motto for 2016 - if it's Apple.....contact Apple Support. THey can do all Kinds of things :) So if you do the ticket for customer care, and do Apple Chat, you've got 2 avenues working on it. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for your help koko! I'm not sure what happened. Tried contacting apple support. But before receiving an official response to them, the game suddenly was fixed. Im not complaining though! Lol!

This is of topic. Your koko from my GC friends right? The one with 687m++ fans? You gave me the challenge and motivation to reach that amount of fans! Haha!
  • Options
    Awww, this is awesome. I'm so glad your issue was resolved. I'll do a tutorial on contacting Apple Instant Messaging if other people need help later on. Right now I'm achy and not thinking straight.

But yeah, I'm Koko in your game. THat's my AppleP doll. She's Koko everywhere, but in our hearts, it is that stuck up, Do what she wants and boss around the two Android-twins because of the triplets, she is the iOS game, and when you're Apple you become an Apple Snob. Everything else is just android. lol) You can do it. you will totally get to the top. I am really hoping for a new set of comebacks. All my friends lower than my rank will be so happy. I'll grab that comeback, lose all my fans, and unblock the top. And, you can do it.

Look around, or ask in general discussion somewhere about the little tips like :
    • when you're shutting down at night, Tap out all your energy in SOHO SoChic with a 12 hour gig. (extra $$ adds up for energy that would have been wasted)
    • try on new clothes and hairstyles in your wardrobe, just pick what to wear, and then even if you go back to how you looked, when you leave the wardrobe, you get a fashion tweet and about 67 Thousand (for me) new fans appear. All because I played Barbie in the closet for no more than 5 minutes (less I'm sure, maybe it's a minute.. Maybe 2) Fans for nothing.

Maybe a List any special Tips thread in General discussion. you can mention the two I did, and ask for more info and any more tips. Only if you want to. It's med and mouthwash time or I would (I'd probably forget anyway.)

But, I'll show you some of our gig together pics. I take shots of everything, and never have time to post them.

Congratulations again on the game working fine. Now go hang out in the party thread. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kri_kbkri_kb Registered Users 73 Posts
    Haloghen you are not alone! I have the same problem :(

IOS 9.3.1
    iPhone 5c
    Level 41
  • Options
    I'm sorry this is happening kri_kb. Can you restate the issue? Have you submitted a ticket to customer care? You should do a quick Support/Faq link to see the most current info for troubleshooting......and my personal favorite for iOS at the time is this:

Go to your desktop, with your device and necessary cable to connect. Go to Apple, choose support, try to start an Instant Chant Apple Support. you'll get a lovely person you can schmackle (I'm so terrible at this, I know why they call Apple Support Geniuses) that kind of thing. Be appreciate of their time. etc. They'll work their magic, help you backup to itunes through the desktop, show you your data files, should you need to choose one over another, and I can only think that if their update brought up black screens in any way, they'll try to help.

But, since it's hitting KK:H you should also go the Glu Support route. try both those things, and I'll see if I have heard about this. I'm sorry I'm slow. I just got here. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kri_kbkri_kb Registered Users 73 Posts
    Thanks Koko :) Yes, I submitted a ticket to customer care yesterday. Will wait for they answer.

As I already told them, my game freeze with a black screen every 30 sec while I travel between locations, homes. It's really though to play when you need restart your game so often.
  • Options
    There was another update to 9.3.1, maybe this helped? and if you can get to your Hollywood ID in Options in the game I would copy and save the number in a safe place. if you need help in the future and can't get in the game, you can still get customer care with that number. it's like a key to the front door, so Glu can go in and fix it if you need help in the future.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Koko, this is what had been happening to me as well. It felt like it would happen whenever there was supposed to be an ad but I was never fully sure. I was always told by Glu it was a connection issue, but it would happen even in the dead of night when no other device was on.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    If customer care isn't able to help, any chance you're iOS Kayla? My new favorite thing to expose everyone playing on iOS to the awesome Apple Support Instant chat. They might be able to help, and it just takes a little of your time. Plus.....and here is the big plus......you stress that it started after the iOS update, and see if they can help.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary