Options

No new quests??

texaskkhaddicttexaskkhaddict Registered Users 3 Posts
Hi all! Is anyone else getting really bored during the week just counting down until weekend events because you aren't getting any weekday quests?? I play this game religiously but it's been so boring the past few weeks and the only time I get called for any story line, it has to do with the weekend event. Anyone with a similar issue?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Hi, Sorry for the delay this just showed up for me.

If you've completed all your Storylines, then you're like a number of us, waiting for the next update. There are a number of threads in General Discussion about this, you should bear in mind that I'm sure the Team is really packing a lot into the 2nd, Anniversary Update prob v5.

That's what I think. You don't say what level you are, but we have players on Level 50. Then you have others playing multiple games hovering in the 40s. This means we play a lot to addiction. We ran out.

Then there are those who do just storylines, so they're waiting for some. And we can expect the next update early May.

You might want to check out this thread. People are talking about the next update/ and 5.0.

Welcome.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    You have currently no goals - that's what I've been seeing the past days. Except for the Cannes thingy with the new update I didn't get any other jobs.
    I think my marriage destroyed my career.. ;-)
    I got married recently (Level 39) and from that day on I just got couple -related jobs which had to be done in a strict timeframe. One job asked to be done between 2.30 and 6.30 in the morning! That's when I had enough. My husband got extremely on my nerves, everywhere I went - there he was, every house, room, even on the airplane when I went to work. Then those jobs... And then he called he missed me and wanted a date. When I thought about buying the pooltable in Montana, he blocked the view on it.
    So I broke up. And now silence. No more calls from Simon. I reached Level 40 and still nothing. I have no idea what to do.
    Android
  • Options
    In this case, I would immediately contact Customer Care and tell them the situation. In the meantime, do you have the throwback event? If so, do the reality show gigs you get in Hollywood, at the miramount studios, or do quests from So Chic London. And you can date. You can always try to grab another NPC and date them all the way up Marriage and try to finish that way, see what happens. These are the only suggestions I can think of, but while you're tryng the other suggestions....submit that ticket to Customer Care. Tell them it's urgent because you get no calls and have no storyline. Good luck Rumple.

And breathe deep. Let us know what happens. You might have broken up with him before the whole marriage thing was over.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yes I broke up with him before the marriage thing was over!
    Thank Goodness I got the Throwback event and have the reality show!
    You are right, maybe getting married again could help to finish that storyline. But that would be like 'getting married for a greencard' lol.
    Thanks so much for your help Koko :-)
    Android
  • Options
    So I have reached Level 43 now by playing the events. But still no goals, no calls from Simon.
    I have contacted support and they advised me to 'completely close and reopen the game '. I am confused: how do I do that?
    Android
  • Options
    Has the marriage thing worked out? As far as not getting any calls, do you mean you don't get calls for side gigs? If you've come to the end of storyline, You'll get new quests when the game updates. But, if you're not getting Simon or Maria calls, then please go to every single location in the game, and methodically check each and every place you can have a gig, or talk to someone. When you get to Beverly Hills, check Panino and check Kim's home, naturally look at Metropolitan Magazine. All I can think of is make 300% sure there is no gig, no conversation waiting for you anywhere. 99.99% of the time someone can't find their date, or their job....they're waiting for you somewhere.

After you check every place, including the Yacht in New Orleans, every venue, restaurant. When you know for sure there is nothing waiting for you, then write back to customer care, and ask for instructions from them on completely closing and reopening the game, unless they simply mean close the game, shut down your device and reboot, and in that case you've done it and need their next set of instructions.

But do the legwork, and be sure and tell them you've checked every venue possible for a conversation or gig that needs to be completed. Chances are that would have been their next piece of advice.

Sorry you're still having problems, but I'm curious to see if the interrupted proposal caused a hiccup in the game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    This has all started before the last update.
    Simon calls just for the little jobs. There is no forgotten date or unfinished job somewhere.
    I broke up in the middle of the honeymoon - storyline with my husband, Simon had only marriage - related jobs for me.
    What does it mean: completely close and reopen the game?
    Quit game? Restart? I do not understand..
    Android
  • Options
    ......then write back to customer care, and ask for instructions from them on completely closing and reopening the game, unless they simply mean close the game, shut down your device and reboot, and in that case you've done it and need their next set of instructions. .........

The only thing I think that means is close the game, when it asks do you really want to close, say yes. Then close it. Close all apps. Shut your device down. Reboot. I posted that this morning, suggesting you tell Customer Care you did that, is there something else they meant.

Be sure and tell them you are getting side gigs. If you've completed all your storyline gigs, then like many of us, we have side gigs, the reality show, dating, parties, and SoChic London to keep us busy waiting for the next update. You can also read all there is that might help in the FAQs. And be sure and tell Customer Care about stopping in the middle of your marriage quest.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    If you're android, try the instructions given here, where it pertains to closing all apps. Other than that, refresh my memory. If you're getting Simon's side gigs calls, how do you know you're not just finished with the storyline? I'm waiting for new storyline at Level 45, a friend is 49 or higher and, waiting for storyline, Is that a possibility?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I was Level 39 when I got married and broke up. Now I'm Level 43, the last update didn't change anything.
    I was thinking... if I made up with my husband, maybe it would take me back and it could fix the unfinished honeymoon story, but this would cost 185 k-stars!! Just don't want to invest that in a marriage I don't want anyway!
    Thanks for your help Koko!
    Android