Options

Play a lot but can't seem to get ahead

tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
My doll, even though only one position away from top 100 'A' list celeb, is still earning very minimal on gigs. Unless I go out to work at SCL which is the maximum income I have (plus the other few shops I have. My point is, I'm always broke. I've tried playing those ridiculous games for extra cash but they're really hard.
I don't seem to retain cash for long, even though I'm not a big spender. We need to have a "take a loan" option and amount needed so we can complete tasks like expensive dates in a no cash emergency. Dating is expensive.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. I copied your post over here from the suggestion thread, because you can't be the only one in this situation, and maybe we can offer some advice.

My biggest piece of advice, is do whatever it takes....buy a small pack of stars, or save save save, whatever it takes but you should buy the jet, and the cheapest car. You will not get anywhere in the game if you are still paying for transportation. Your gig may pay 450$, but if you're flying around trying to get more energy, you can easily spend all your payout and more on airfare. It creeps up and you don't understand why you're working all the time, and not getting ahead.

In addition to just saving the airfare, when you can travel everywhere are no cost, you have unlimited energy at your disposal, You just tap from place to place, gather energy, and you can finish that task in record time, and move on to your next task. When you're in charge of recharging energy, and not the slow ticking of the clock you are able to acheive whatever you want in the game.

There are one or two successful players who don't have the plane, I don't recall who exactly they are, so I won't guess. But if there are, then I'm sure they'll post about their secrets to making it work. But more people will post agreeing with me.

So, feel free to post your tips for people trying to get ahead in the game, agree with me, or show us how it's done without the jet. Let's help tia_blest and others in her position. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    FinFin Registered Users 211 Posts
    I agree with Koko. Buy the cheapest car and the jet. Although, if you're like me (before), and you can't afford the jet yet, then if possible, buy the cheapest car. Before I bought the jet, which was yesterday, I used to roam California to collect energy. I saved lots of money when I first bought the car. I even memorized my pattern of collecting energy: LAX, Downtown LA, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Malibu, Calabasas, Santa Barbara. Remember to go inside the restaurants except for Malibu and Santa Barbara, and also go inside Kardash. When you're done, just go back to LAX again and do the pattern 'til your energy bar is full. Also, you can only collect on Santa Barbara after 6 minutes. And that was my life before I bought the jet. This way, you don't have to spend your money on flying to different cities and you can earn some xp and cash while you're tapping. Although, buy the jet on the next VIP event if you have enough stars cause it's a very great deal.
    Hi! Call me Fin! Daily KKH and KKG player

KKH:
    Alison Jane: Level 26 A on Android
    Ali Lois: Level 55 A+++ on Android
    Katherine Pierce: Level 37 A++ on iOS
    Maidelle Queen: Level 12 C on Facebook

KKG:
    Alison Jane(@ali_xoxo): Level 11 on Android
    Ali Lois(@ali_lois): Level 22 on Android

PM me for requests.
  • Options
    And if you have to buy stars to afford the jet, when you buy most packages pf Stars you will be removing those pesky ads that pop up eveytime your screen changes. So traveling from inside your home to the street outside will be effortless, and seemless. The game will begin to flow from one scene to the next without commercial interruption. That enhances the whole feel of the game.

I bought my first stars because my old device was crashing everytimes the ads came up, and I was sure my game would die with the device. The game being played without ads was so drastically improved, I turned around and bought the same 10$ packages for the other two devices, that had no crashing problems and handled the ads well. I think if you experience the game with out the ads at screen change you'll agree with me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Buy the jet, seriously. It's a game changer. You will save a lot of money. Also, start investing in houses, pets, and vehicles. They are more important than gigs, actually. In the long run, you will breeze through comebacks because getting to the top will be that much faster.

i repeat... BUY THE JET. IT'S A GAME CHANGER.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
    Thank you all so much. With this last weekends event of k stars for 5 stars (which was THE BEST WEEKEND EVENT SO FAR) I managed to FINALLY buy a car which has already started to change my game. I'm hoping they'll have another weekend event like this so I can concentrate on getting as many kstars as I can to buy the jet. As soon as I can buy a kstar pack I will, I just live in a country where that's not an option at present.
  • Options
    evilhagevilhag Registered Users 923 Posts
    I drastically under estimated the importance of eliminating travel expenses. After I bought the jet my Kash went from averaging 35k or so to now averaging 75k at all times. Just by owning the jet. I do not own one of the cars yet, but I can tell how much money I lose when I travel around California. For sure buy the Jet whenever it is possible for you.
    Put a cap on Trendspenders! 
    Give 20 daily videos to paying players!
    Bonus star for parties!
  • Options
    When the game first came out, we bought the car, but still had to pay for travel, and when we could buy the jet plane travel became free, and so did the car travel. Paying for transportation is the biggest cash drainer. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Hi. I copied your post over here from the suggestion thread, because you can't be the only one in this situation, and maybe we can offer some advice.

My biggest piece of advice, is do whatever it takes....buy a small pack of stars, or save save save, whatever it takes but you should buy the jet, and the cheapest car. You will not get anywhere in the game if you are still paying for transportation. Your gig may pay 450$, but if you're flying around trying to get more energy, you can easily spend all your payout and more on airfare. It creeps up and you don't understand why you're working all the time, and not getting ahead.

In addition to just saving the airfare, when you can travel everywhere are no cost, you have unlimited energy at your disposal, You just tap from place to place, gather energy, and you can finish that task in record time, and move on to your next task. When you're in charge of recharging energy, and not the slow ticking of the clock you are able to acheive whatever you want in the game.

There are one or two successful players who don't have the plane, I don't recall who exactly they are, so I won't guess. But if there are, then I'm sure they'll post about their secrets to making it work. But more people will post agreeing with me.

So, feel free to post your tips for people trying to get ahead in the game, agree with me, or show us how it's done without the jet. Let's help tia_blest and others in her position. :)

I agree. I was always broke. Always. I couldn't buy anything because I was literally THAT broke. But I took the advise and while I can see why people would say don't spend real money on a virtual game, it's worth the cheapest car which I believe is 100 K Stars and the jet for 120 K Stars. While it was a bit of [real] money, it took me little to no time at all and I was building up a nice stash of Kash. I never used any money to furnish houses our anything until I built up a dash of money which didn't take long and I was able too do it. This is the easiest way.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    BobbieM wrote: »
    I agree. I was always broke. Always. I couldn't buy anything because I was literally THAT broke. But I took the advise and while I can see why people would say don't spend real money on a virtual game, it's worth the cheapest car which I believe is 100 K Stars and the jet for 120 K Stars. While it was a bit of [real] money, it took me little to no time at all and I was building up a nice stash of Kash. I never used any money to furnish houses our anything until I built up a dash of money which didn't take long and I was able too do it. This is the easiest way.

Oh my. The cheapest car I bought was only for $20,000 - $35,000, I literally forgot but I'm sure it was between those prices.

KKH:

KKG:

PM me for requests.
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Sorry to hi-jack your thread, OP, but I have a question relating to this, too. I have been in the 140's of the A-list for a long time and have had the goal to reach 100 for so long. It takes forever for me to even climb one spot, despite the fact that I play all day every day and do as many gigs as I can in a day. I usually average between 500,000-700,000 followers for events, but it seems to have very little impact. I'm level 23 and I just feel like I should have more followers by now. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    LantsPance wrote: »
    Sorry to hi-jack your thread, OP, but I have a question relating to this, too. I have been in the 140's of the A-list for a long time and have had the goal to reach 100 for so long. It takes forever for me to even climb one spot, despite the fact that I play all day every day and do as many gigs as I can in a day. I usually average between 500,000-700,000 followers for events, but it seems to have very little impact. I'm level 23 and I just feel like I should have more followers by now. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

It's normal.

KKH:

KKG:

PM me for requests.
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Fin wrote: »
    It's normal.

Okay, so at some point in the game, do we begin to get more followers per event or something?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    Okay, so at some point in the game, do we begin to get more followers per event or something?

i can't remember when but at some point your average number of fans jump to more than 1M. I was just looking at my game and there's a big gap between the 150 and 151 slot (119M fans vs. 32M)... but after that it's all small increments to get up there. Also in my first play through (I'm on my second comeback) I think I remember that I always got a lot of fans when I threw parties (like 1.something M).... not sure what celebrity level was then. Also, while some quests will only grant you around 500,000 fans, I've noticed that whenever I level up in achievements I get a lot more fans than that. I've been there but I know if you hang in there it does get easier. For me it's getting to 150!
  • Options

No, not really. The amount of followers you get is based on what type of gigs you do. If you do 1hr gigs, you get 300,000-500,000 followers, 600,000-800,000 for 3hr, and 800,000-1,000,000+ for 6hr and 8hr. Except for parties. On parties, you get 1,100,000+ for 3hr and 1,500,000+ for 8hr.

KKH:

KKG:

PM me for requests.
  • Options
    LxtwnLxtwn Registered Users 56 Posts
    If you don't have the plane, but you still want to collect energy from other cities I would recomend you travel from Tokio to anywhere else. I remember it was cheaper for me to go from Tokio to London instead of straight to London. Also, don't go to places where there's only two tappables, like New Delhi and Dubai(if you don't have the pet), is not really worth it.