Options

Can't transfer game...?

SebsghostSebsghost Registered Users 9 Posts
I need some help here. I just got a new phone and the game isn't transferring. I am using an Android device. The old phone is a Galaxy Note 2 on version 4.3 of Android and the new phone is a Galaxy Note 4 on version 6.1.1 of Android. My Kendall and Kylie game transferred fine but this one won't...

I have followed the instructions to the letter. I know my Google Play account is attached to my old phone. It shows my account at the top of the screen every time I open the app. I selected to allow the app access to Google Play on the new phone, but it doesn't make a difference. It shows that I'm logged onto Google Play on the new phone too but it makes no difference. It just shows the screen a new player gets... So, what's the deal? Is this a pointless effort and I'm doomed to have to start over? :/

EDIT: I found the game controller icon and it's confirming that I'm logged into my Google Play account on both phones...

EDIT2: I also tried connecting with Facebook and that did nothing as well.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Very sorry this is happening. From what I've heard, the Android transfer at this time is hit or miss. The whole switch of Google from the Circles to Gamer IDs, and Googles's revisions to Google Play Services have done everything from Freeze our Android contacts in the clothes and rank of May 1st, to making it a 50/50 chance to transfer games.

I have read a number of people try repeatedly, and very often get an older version of their game, a few levels lost, clothing during that period, etc. Some have only lost a little, some get a save from a few months. Some get it intact, and some just have to start over.

Here's what I'd do, you put in a ticket to customer care right? Ok, now do you use a program like kies or something to store your device files onto a laptop? Basically a file manager that connects your device to your computer, then lets you back up. (this may not help anything, then again might) see if you can find one for your old device. Then if you do, perform the back up to your computer. If the method below doesn't work, then use this program to restore the files to the new device. Samsung has Kies, a google check should help you. THis does NOT root or jailbreak your device, At&T had me install it a few years ago, but I haven't used it in ages. I'm assuming it's still around.

Then, if your old device is still available, play it for just a little while, then do a manual 'back up now' to the google servers, from that old phone's settings. Then follow the Glu instructions again, but keep your fingers crossed. When you try to pull up the game from the new device, if it wants you to start a new customization, that's where I repeatedly shut down in terror. (I've made 2 android transfers, each time I freak and shut down. Turns out, that's a good thing. Collect your thoughts and go back into the new game, and if Karma is shining on you, you'll get a little text box in the middle saying there are 2 sets of data: Device A with Level, energy, cash, stars, Xp are all listed. THen device B is listed in this box, with another set of data. It's my experience, that Device A is the brand new game you just shut down on. My experience alwys lists Device B with my existing game. Level higher, xp higher, probably stars and cash are higher...in short the game you are trying to load.

Make your choice carefully, the box will ask which you want to load, and pick the more experienced game, pray if you are so inclined, and then hopefully watch while you game opens up intact. All your stuff, right where you left her, just in her new device home.

That is just about all the advice I have about it. Does it make sense to you? If not, read it again, ask any questions and I'll try and help. Go into this knowing it might not work, throw in a sincere St. Anthony's prayer for lost items if that fits for you and give it another shot. Good luck and let us know. I'm sending every good thought I can your way.

Basically - Back up to the google servers, Then try to back up to your computer. Then bite the bullet and try to transfer again, you're hoping for a box asking which device, or better yet, youre hoping your game just moves over with no incident.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SebsghostSebsghost Registered Users 9 Posts
    Hi Koko, I actually do have Samsung Kies and I gave it a shot after the first attempt failed. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to make a difference. :( I decided to just cut my losses and start a new game. I'm fortunate that I haven't been playing for *that* long, it would be a major bummer if I had been playing for a year or something.