Options

ANDROID Game Crashing Since Update v5.3.0

Miriam89Miriam89 Registered Users 74 Posts
Android 4.4.4., Acer Iconia One 8, Level 37, Female Game

Koko, I tried you're Advice but it keeps crashing.
KKH IOS Player
Prev134

Comments

• Options
    Julia SchroederJulia Schroeder Registered Users 30 Posts
    Hi dolls!I am very sad because I've updated the game on tuesday evening (Cuba's update) and it doesn't work. It doesn't even open. I play with android 4.4.4 on an acer b1 810 and I'm on level 38. I've written many mails to glu but nobody has answered. What can I do? Did it happened to someone else? Sorry for my bad english but I tried my best.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'll resubmit this info and try to get some info for you. Did it work at all since this update? And if you look earlier in this thread, I think I posted Glu's FAQs about crashing Androids. If not I'll post it again, it's all we've got to work with so far, unless any other players have anti-crashing advice. I'm sorry this is happening.

From Glu Support and fAQ pages:

How do I prevent poor performance /crashing /lag on my Android device?

The majority of problems with any game can be solved by ensuring you have plenty of system resources, and good reliable bandwidth (connection to your Internet Service Provider.)
    CLOSE ALL OTHER PROGRAMS
    Let this game run by itself and see if its performance improves. Before launching, use Android's "Clear All" feature or a task killer to close all other running programs. This ensures there are no program stubs competing for space on the device.
    DON’T LET YOUR STORAGE GET TOO FULL
    If your device's storage space is nearing full capacity, delete some old unused free apps or move some media files to another device, to free up some space.
    If your device has a separate main memory and SD card memory, use your Applications manager to move as many apps as possible to your SD card. Some devices provide only a small user space in main memory and you’ll want to keep as much as that clear as possible.
    CHECK THE QUALITY OF YOUR CONNECTION

The quality of the Internet connection can affect game stability. Always use a reliable WiFi connection rather than a network connection (3G, 4G) because cell connections can vary wildly.
    Having high "bars" indicates good signal strength but may not reflect actual throughput. Even if you have good signal strength showing for your WiFi connection, your bandwidth may be limited if the network is congested, For example, if there are many users sharing the network and/or others are doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as streaming video, you might not be getting good throughput.

There are free bandwidth tests to check your total throughput. You needn’t install any software, these can run right through your device’s browser. (Just search for “bandwidth test.”) You should have at least 10Mb download and 3Mb upload for the game to run properly.

While the game is running, do not power off the device or remove the battery. Always close the game normally.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I started this new thread, trying to isolate the Crashing issues from my not updating, and the missing choker.

If your game has been crashing since you took the v5.3.0 Update to Cuba, please post your
    Platform / OS Version / Device / Level in Game / Gender in Game
    Brief description of issue:

I'll see if I can get any advice for you besides the info I posted from the Game's FAQ pages. So sorry this is happening. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank God I'm not the only one with this Issue. Now I hope Glu fix this.
    Too bad I miss the Weekendevent.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    Hi Koko!!!thank you very much for the answered,you're so sweet...I've tried the advices but it still doesn't work....: (...maybe we have to wait another update??
  • Options
    Hi Miriam! apparently we have the same problem...I hope Glu makes something...we're also losing the weekend event...
  • Options
    Hi Miriam! apparently we have the same problem...I hope Glu makes something...we're also losing the weekend event...

Yeah, but I hope glu can fix this.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    I sent in the link to this thread, and asked for any suggestions besides what I've posted from the FAQs. Fingers crossed
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi the Android developers have been informed of the crashing problem and they're investigating.
    Unfortunately, they did not say if it's a quick fix, they'll try their best to have it fixed before the event is over, so, keep good thoughts.

They appreciate your patience and are sorry for the inconvenience.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for the Info, Koko.
    I'm curious how long it takes, the main Thing is that I come in my Game ever again.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    Thank you Koko!fingers crossed....
  • Options
    Hi. I' hoping your issue is resolved shortly. My fingers are crossed as well. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I think the Event I can forget now, lol.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I am glad they warned that it might not be before the event is over, but rest assured, once it's fixed...it won't be an issue next time. And who knows, you might still get some event time.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    When is the Game finally fixed, sorry but I get realy desperate now. It's been now a Week since my Game is crashing on my Tablet. I hope it is fixed before the next Weekendevent starts. I spend too much real Money in this Game, so I don't want to Start over again.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    I don't think you're part of this because it's Android, you're iOS, and as such I don't think when the Android Developers roll out the fix, it will affect you. Since it's only been a number of hours, I'd keep trying to correct this on your end. Check out the FAQs, and see what help they offer for Crashing issues. If it's still happening tomorrow morning, I'd submit a ticket to Customer Care. But first make sure, you're updated to the latest versions of the game, itunes, Game Center, OS version. In short make sure everything is on the latest versoin.

And, let's both go look for help in the FAQs. I'll meet you back here. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I found this:

[h=2]How do I prevent poor performance / crashing / lag on my Apple device?[/h] The majority of problems with any game can be solved by ensuring you have plenty of system resources, and good reliable bandwidth (connection to your Internet Service Provider.) CLOSE ALL OTHER PROGRAMS
    When you exit out of any app it does not completely disappear from working memory. When there are several programs left running in background, they may compete with this game for space and processing time. .
    Let this game run by itself and see if its performance improves. Before launching this game, it is a good idea to close all other running apps (Double tap home button to see apps running. swipe the upwards with finger to clear from memory) and if you really want to be on the safe side, then power down the device and restart, to ensure no program stubs remain.
    DON’T LET YOUR STORAGE GET TOO FULL

If your device is nearly full, problems may occur. Make sure that you have plenty of extra free space above the actual program size, for caching purposes. Apps need space to write and store temporary files. If your device's storage space is nearing full, delete some old unused free apps or move some media files to another device, to free up some space.
    CHECK THE QUALITY OF YOUR CONNECTION

The quality of the Internet connection can affect game stability. Always use a reliable WiFi connection rather than a network connection (3G, 4G) because cell connections can vary wildly.
    Having high "bars" indicates good signal strength but may not reflect actual throughput. Even if you have good signal strength showing for your WiFi connection, your bandwidth may be limited if the network is congested, For example, if there are many users sharing the network and/or others are doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as streaming video, you might not be getting good throughput.

There are free bandwidth tests to check your total throughput. You needn’t install any software, these can run right through your device’s browser. (Just search for “bandwidth test.”) You should have at least 10Mb download and 3Mb upload for the game to run properly.

If you still have the problem, I'd submit a ticket tomorrow. Check here first, if by some chance others are posting about this, for iOS, a ticket shouldn't be necessary. Hope this helps at least a little.

Also, for Android players - please let us know when you back up and running.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi!!are there any news?
  • Options
    The Android issue is being worked on. I hope to hear from Glu this morning, I'll reach out again. Please identify your platform when checking, I'm trying to find out if more iOS are crashing and whether that too has issues. I'm sorry if you guys are still sitting this one out, just incase, I would make sure I was on the latest version of the game. I sat for 2 days once before I knew there was an update to fix it once, so , always check the store.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    HikariHikari Registered Users 5 Posts
    Hello

I write here because I feel very sad.

I went on vacation 2 weeks ago and didn't played KKH for about 3 weeks. Now, I can't play my game anymore... it crashes all the time (I can see glu logo and then it crashes).

I saw a thread for update 5.3.0 but I realy can't remerber if my game has been updated or not before it ctashes. I'm sorry :S

I have an old samsung tab GT-P5210
    Android version 4.4.2
    level 35

ps: sorry for my english, sorry if I wrote in the wrong thread and many many thanks for your help
  • Options
    http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?213901-Game-Crashing-Since-Update-v5-3-0

@Hikari Here is the Thread for youre Problem. I have the same too and Glu is working on that Issue, but it's not fixed. But I hope it does'nt take too long anymore.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    Is there anything new, when is the Game finally fixed. I hope before the new Weekendevent start.

Come on glu, fix the Game. it's been a Week now and nothing happened. I'm really dissapointed.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    Glu is working on this issue, and will have it fixed as soon as possible. I'm really sorry this is happening.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    OhohglyOhohgly Registered Users 9 Posts
    Mine is asus zenfone 5.
    4.4.2 kitkat
    This would be my first time to play. But sadly, it's not working. And still waiting for almost 1 week.
  • Options
    Glu is working on this. I'm very sorry for this issue for so many of you, but know they'll have it fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience as they work to resolve this issue.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    You worked so hard. Much appreciated ��

Glu is working on this. I'm very sorry for this issue for so many of you, but know they'll have it fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience as they work to resolve this issue.
  • Options
    I heard back from Glu. THey have been working on it since it was first discovered, and appreciate your patience.

The Android Team doesn't have a solution for the crashing players yet. It seems to be a problem between the game and those Acer tablets. They'll continue working on this for resolution as soon as possible, and apologize for the inconvenience and frustration.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank you for keeping us updated.
    Hope it fixed soon.

I heard back from Glu. THey have been working on it since it was first discovered, and appreciate your patience.

The Android Team doesn't have a solution for the crashing players yet. It seems to be a problem between the game and those Acer tablets. They'll continue working on this for resolution as soon as possible, and apologize for the inconvenience and frustration.
  • Options
    Sounds not really that good. I think this Weekendevent we can't forget and I think we have to wait 1-2 Weeks longer when the Game is finally fixed. :/
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    I hope the event extended though I don't know what kind of event.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.