Options

Looking for some dolls to test a feature!

KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
Hello dolls!

I've waited a couple weeks to post about this. I hope it's a thing because the result is a few extra daily kstars with no hacks, cheating, or game altering in anyway!

For over a year, my daily videos in the star shop has been 5 videos, no more no less, so this sudden change caught me by shock.
Since then, I've received more then 5 stars a day, everyday.

I had to test out a popular app game (not saying names, but it requires you to throw bawls at invisible monsters to do battles for gyms... =^.^=)
To get this game to work, I had to turn on a few features of my device I've had turned OFF since day 1 of owning this tablet.

Once this was turned ON, next time I checked my KKH game I had an additional 9 videos.

However, this was done on a day glu updated themselves, so I don't know if it was just coincidence.

Glu themselves have stated videos are based on location. This just has me curious if having my location/gps turned OFF has prevented me from receiving more videos!

To clear this up

- I only had 5 videos a day.

- I went into my device settings and turned ON my location/gps feature of my tablet

- I now get 6-15+ videos to watch throughout the day

If anyone would like to give their thoughts or ideas (or test this out themselves for a few days and report back!) I would love to hear them! A couple notes about my device

- Android User, v5.1
- Device is Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

I hope this works for more dolls!

Comments

• Options
    urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Hmm, that's interesting, I play that game as well so I'll have to test it out. I usually leave my location off as well so should be an interesting little experiment!
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    this is interesting. i know when I first started to watch the daily vids I could watch more than 5... it happened for a month before it was just 5 up to now. my location has always been turned on, I'm on an android phone.
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I've always had my location services option off on my Kindle tablet and have never had more than 3-4 videos a day - on a very good day - sometimes I have zero. I'll report back if things change. Thanks for bringing this up.. my fingers are crossed!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I, too, recently started playing a game that requires you to throw bawls at invisible monsters to do battles for gyms. Now there's no way to tell whether that's the same game as you, Keem, but this one also requires certain features of my phone to be turned on ;)

This has not changed anything in the amount of free video offers I get in KKH. I always get 2-3 videos every couple of hours (maybe like every 3 or 4 hours I think?). I will occasionally (like once a week) get about 10 videos at once, but that's about it.

My conclusion is, the only way said monster game has affected KKH, is that I now play less KKH while out hunting little Japanese monsters.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that I mentioned Pokémon several times here, it's pop culture so I presume we can talk about it here lol

Interesting theory Keem, I always had my GPS turned ON, but lately I've been turned it OFF and I didn't saw any difference.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    To clarify one more thing, I do not think down loading the pokeapp changed anything, it was the back story as to how I changed my settings

Because I talk a lot. I tend to over detail things hehe...

I'm asking dolls who have had their gps set to OFF to turn it ON and try this out!

Vats wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that I mentioned Pokémon several times here, it's pop culture so I presume we can talk about it here lol

Interesting theory Keem, I always had my GPS turned ON, but lately I've been turned it OFF and I didn't saw any difference.

Thanks for your feedback, vats!
    If you always had your gps ON, then I would imagine you already get "max potential" videos. Interesting notes! My pondering continues...
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I think it would depend on the area your in. Maybe the larger cities have more because of the more condensed the population is? I'll see if I have location on or off. The more people who check in about it, will give a better idea, but in the meantime.....earn those Stars Doll. Earn those stars. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    My GPS is always turned off and I get videos if I don't buy a star pack within 3 to 4 weeks. Glu gas been very good with the Kstars for the videos lately. I'm very grateful because I'm on a very tight budget.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    So, I haven't been watching my videos in awhile so for the first time in weeks I decided to watch them today. I got 39 videos, but these weren't all from the video offer button. About half were from the other offers. I will try tomorrow to see how many I get. Also, the location for me has always been on.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Anytime Keem!

For me things change from time to time, I always used to get like 1-2 videos per day until the end of last year.

From January to April of this year I started to receive religiously 5 videos for day, and they generally showed up after I had completed a gig.

Now I get like 2 videos every couple of days...

About Koko's theory, don't know for sure. I live on 'medium city' according to my coutry parameters and get more videos here than when I'm at a big city of the country, and by that I mean bigger than NY and more populated and my GPS was turned ON there.:confused:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    My location is always turned on, and has been for a long time, and I consistently get 6 videos a day. They seem to work like my gift box: new ones are available at the same time I watched them the day before. I am in an area with a moderate sized population. And I am on Android.