Options

Question about gifting

JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
First off, yes I know there is a gifting and friends area, but I don't know how many regular posters from here are also there, and I never go there for anything. I just wanted to poll the users here about what type of gifts they like to receive. I am not someone with a ton of kstars, but I have lots of kash and I am happy to gift with it. But, when I go to some people's closets, I see kash gifts that have been passed over for others and I wonder if some things are less desirable than others.

As a newbie to this, I just want to make sure I am not giving someone something they do not want.

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Good question, I always wonder that myself!

For me, ever since the luxe goals appeared, I stopped buying all the kash items in each update. I wait and wait (and still waiting) for Maria to call and offer kash items for 1 KStar. I don't mind waiting, each KStar adds up!

I have a lot of kash too and love gifting, but I only gift 1-3 items just in case the person also thinks like me!
    PM to add
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Interesting question!

I've never been picky with gifts. If someone is willing to spend their k-stars/kash on me, I will be happy with whatever they send. I am super OCD (literally) and my goal is to own every closet item (getting there...ish), so I'm really happy with any item.

I don't send gifts all the time, mainly because my k-star count is very precious to me and not very high, and all of my closer friends that play have all of the kash giftable items (and even most of the k-star ones).

If I notice a newer player add me, who doesn't have many items in the closet, I will usually send a ton of kash gifts to help build their closet and star/heart bonus points.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Interesting question!

I've never been picky with gifts. If someone is willing to spend their k-stars/kash on me, I will be happy with whatever they send. I am super OCD (literally) and my goal is to own every closet item (getting there...ish), so I'm really happy with any item.

I don't send gifts all the time, mainly because my k-star count is very precious to me and not very high, and all of my closer friends that play have all of the kash giftable items (and even most of the k-star ones).

If I notice a newer player add me, who doesn't have many items in the closet, I will usually send a ton of kash gifts to help build their closet and star/heart bonus points.

I completely agree with everything you say. I also love the idea of helping someone out. At the same time, like Julesmo I also worry wether the person likes what I gift them.
    I on the other hand am just excited about anything.
    And in order to agree with everyone in this thread, like Nai I've kind of stopped buying Kash items unless Maria calls me with a luxe goal, but that really doesn't happen that often so it's still really nice to get gifts.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    The reason I started thinking about it is because a newer player friended me, so I thought I would build up their closet a little. But then I noticed some stuff was skipped. It could be because kash is so hard to come by when first starting out. I don't think I will ever gift kstar items. Like KatieA, I find that most kash stuff is gone.

It sounds like we all kinda have the same ideas about it, which puts my mind at ease. Thanks, y'all! :)
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I take a look at what is already taken from the wardrobe, and look at what the doll is wearing. First off. NEVER GIFT BEFORE YOU WORK WITH A NEW FRIEND. If you end up giving a heart gift....you will romantically linked. I have made this mistake more times than you can imagine. A friend from that bag forum came here, I was so excited to see Jeneen, I just started sending her stuff. Then I looked at her in my list. It's like I had gone to 1st base with her.

So, work before gift....and if you see they took the black, the blue and the grey shirt, but left the pink that tells me not to send pink. And sometimes, there are so few things you can gift them......I send whatever I can just to let them know I'm thinking of them.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I agree with most that has been said here. I simply look for a nice item and send away, I don't care so much about the price of the cash items as I have lots of cash. Sometimes I'll send kstar items, usually when it's a VIP weekend :) I just really appreciate any gifts that people want to send and I usually try to snap a pic of Kiki wearing the item so that I can post and say thanks :)

Yes gifts are to help build wardrobes, but also as Koko said, just to let someone know I'm thinking of them and thanks for having me as a friend ;)
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I absolutely love gifting people <333 and lol koko, I think I have about 19 relationships because of the gifting
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Right. And the thing is, I took a friend to lunch....she thought I was interested so when I wasn't she broke up with me. If you don't date them even once, you can bring them in for gigs, but you just don't get any romantic or professional points. And you can still invite them to parties. But, if you rattle their cage romantically......kiss them goodbye. Unless this has changed.

Oh, and I'm careful not to impose purple on my friends in gifting. I keep saying it's not what I like, it's what they like. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary