Options

Midweek event-8/30/2016 It's a Throwback!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    If Glu wants to block games that are hacked, then they need to work on a way to do just that. By blocking games that have "too many" items they are also blocking out their big spenders.... Like.... Hello.... This isn't rocket science. All Glu has to do is look at a games account to see how much they've spent. If you see an account has spent money, hello, DON'T BLOCK THEIR GAME!!!

Why are people being punished for spending money on a product? What business sense does it make?

It's so painfully moronic. And unfair.

This. I myself am I big spender and am not afraid to spend money because I work hard for it but they're just losing more money over this. If I can't buy these **** throwback boxes what the hell do I need those kstars for hmm.. so I guess I'm not gonna buy any of them until they think of something else.
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    why does this week's event feel underwhelming? I just realized why I didn't see any spoilers on instagram... probably because those insta folks "bought" them all and can't get to the event. just speculating. the insta community for kkh vs us here is so very different lol anywho... because I'm underwhelmed by all this, im kinda thinking of just sitting this out... it's not exciting anymore like when we first got mid week events... especially when the main goal (throwback box) is almost unattainable. hmm good luck to those grinding though! I wanna see what's in people's boxes!

I feel the same. I just got the fist black box, will open it in a while. This update was no fun, and I'm done with the storyline as well. I'm preparing for my final exams so it's good, I need a break!

Good luck everyone :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I understand that a few of you didn't see the Throwback midweek event. Due to a technical limitation, if you are only missing a few items from the Throwback box, you will not see the event. We understand this is frustrating, so we aim to change how this works in the next update.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    I understand that a few of you didn't see the Throwback midweek event. Due to a technical limitation, if you are only missing a few items from the Throwback box, you will not see the event. We understand this is frustrating, so we aim to change how this works in the next update.

You already say that. During the Cuba update.
  • Options
    ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts

Thanks for updating us. Hopefully this WILL get resolved by next week or the next time we have a throwback event
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Minji wrote: »
    This. I myself am I big spender and am not afraid to spend money because I work hard for it but they're just losing more money over this. If I can't buy these **** throwback boxes what the hell do I need those kstars for hmm.. so I guess I'm not gonna buy any of them until they think of something else.

Minji....have you bought the Helicopter yet? It is a big sticker item, but it is just the coolest vehicle ever. 1st of all, it's a freakin Helicopter. 2nd, if you add Pink...it looks a nice shade with purple overtones. 3rd - the mindset. Your doll is so special she travels via copter while Willow takes the bus, BUT she just puts it down at the corner of the street, in front of the door like it's the most natural thing in the world. Plus it helps finish other achievements.

Maria will love you for really keeping up the appearances of wealth and fame. There are plenty of ways to put the finishing touches on your homes and acheivements at the same time. So there is always something to spend money on. :)

ETA: NVMD. I scrolled back and saw you're not spending in the game till the TB is returned. Didn't mean to sound MarieAntoinette ish. Just saw an opportunity to push people into the Helicopter. So far no one who has taken the plunge has regretted it. Didn't mean to sound like a boor.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I need your help!
    Is this a TB item?
    QMnBpee.jpg

It kinda looks like the bag that came with the black/gold dress with the striped skirt (I still don't know how to link to a picture from the event encyclopedia :( )
    But that bag has a little gold logo and this one doesn't?
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Minji....have you bought the Helicopter yet? It is a big sticker item, but it is just the coolest vehicle ever. 1st of all, it's a freakin Helicopter. 2nd, if you add Pink...it looks a nice shade with purple overtones. 3rd - the mindset. Your doll is so special she travels via copter while Willow takes the bus, BUT she just puts it down at the corner of the street, in front of the door like it's the most natural thing in the world. Plus it helps finish other achievements.

Maria will love you for really keeping up the appearances of wealth and fame. There are plenty of ways to put the finishing touches on your homes and acheivements at the same time. So there is always something to spend money on. :)

ETA: NVMD. I scrolled back and saw you're not spending in the game till the TB is returned. Didn't mean to sound MarieAntoinette ish. Just saw an opportunity to push people into the Helicopter. So far no one who has taken the plunge has regretted it. Didn't mean to sound like a boor.

Hahah I wish I could buy the helicopter butttt.. I already have it and I absolutely lovveeeee it.
  • Options
    Charli wrote: »
    I feel the same. I just got the fist black box, will open it in a while. This update was no fun, and I'm done with the storyline as well. I'm preparing for my final exams so it's good, I need a break!

Good luck everyone :)

You're doing finals, and today Baba had his last 1st day of school. (not counting semesters, just going by usual Fall 1st day of school. I was a wreck the first time. Walked him all the way across the street to school with the rest of the Moms on the new culdesac. All the kids were either 1st graders or Kindegarten. The kids were thrilled to all be walking together, the parents were all looking for me, because I brought tissues. Now some of them have moved away, the rest aren
    t talking, But when I said I might run out to the store but I should be back in time to say goodbye, he shot me a look like "it's the last time Mom" so I changed my mind, stayed home till he left, and then chuckled that they can be 5, they can be 21, or they can be 43 and they're all just big babies. But I was happy to do it. :)

So Bilal, I'm thinking good thoughts, and wishing you good luck on your exams. Are you done after this?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    I need your help!
    Is this a TB item?
    QMnBpee.jpg

It kinda looks like the bag that came with the black/gold dress with the striped skirt (I still don't know how to link to a picture from the event encyclopedia :( )
    But that bag has a little gold logo and this one doesn't?

I have it in my closet in the middle of event items but it doesn't have an icon. It's around other items from August 2015 so I'm thinking it may be the VIP purse from 7/31, although like you said it doesn't have a gold emblem while the one in the event picture does. Looks just like it otherwise though.

2015-07-31%20mb_zpsmcjo02hw.png
  • Options
    tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    You're doing finals, and today Baba had his last 1st day of school. (not counting semesters, just going by usual Fall 1st day of school. I was a wreck the first time. Walked him all the way across the street to school with the rest of the Moms on the new culdesac. All the kids were either 1st graders or Kindegarten. The kids were thrilled to all be walking together, the parents were all looking for me, because I brought tissues. Now some of them have moved away, the rest aren
    t talking, But when I said I might run out to the store but I should be back in time to say goodbye, he shot me a look like "it's the last time Mom" so I changed my mind, stayed home till he left, and then chuckled that they can be 5, they can be 21, or they can be 43 and they're all just big babies. But I was happy to do it. :)

So Bilal, I'm thinking good thoughts, and wishing you good luck on your exams. Are you done after this?

My first starts Kindergarten next week and I am already a mess, I can only imagine what will happen next Tuesday!
  • Options
    Forgot to do a screenshot but my first box had 30 energy :( It's my first day back at work since last Wednesday so it at least helped fit in an extra gig since I haven't had much time to grind today. Although I hadn't finished the storylines from the last update and I accidentally tapped into an 8 hour gig with Kim instead of setting up a reality show :mad: This is why I shouldn't do things without coffee.
  • Options
    I think others are saying they didn't get the event at all again?

I find it crazy that so many people have "too many" items. I feel like I do pretty good and I'm still missing a ton. I think if Glu wants to hold back on those users who have too many event items for throwbacks they should have a k-star reward at the end instead :D
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Y'ALL. I leveled up, making sure to have no energy when it happened so none was wasted. I had all that new energy (46!!!), went to Calabasas.... and started a PARTY. I forgot which event I was in!
  • Options
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Y'ALL. I leveled up, making sure to have no energy when it happened so none was wasted. I had all that new energy (46!!!), went to Calabasas.... and started a PARTY. I forgot which event I was in!

Oh no! I feel for you, it's always either that or leveling up when the energy bar is full. it's happened to me so many times!
  • Options

Oh no! Will it let you do a show anyway even if a party is going?
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    ^Yes and no. You can do a reality show elsewhere, but if you started a party in Calabasas, it's greyed out til the party is over

Ha, I did that. I was thinking to myself I need to work since I got to my game late and I may not have much of Thursday to play either and boom! Hit the 3 hr party. :rolleyes:
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Oh no! Will it let you do a show anyway even if a party is going?

I just sucked it up and finished the party. I could have done THREE reality shows with that energy (and a little task luck). The universe must have felt bad about it, because I completed a partnership in my daily box that gave me 20 energy. So I got some of it back :)
  • Options
    FlissFliss Registered Users 34 Posts
    Glad you managed to gain back some of the reality shows Julesmo!

I've managed to get the first two boxes so far, 25 K-stars in the first and 2,500 Kash in the second! That's me done for today but happy with the outcome of the first two now to try and work my way to the end! Good luck everyone!
    iPad Pro iOS player
    A+++ // 1.1b fans // level 53
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    I have it in my closet in the middle of event items but it doesn't have an icon. It's around other items from August 2015 so I'm thinking it may be the VIP purse from 7/31, although like you said it doesn't have a gold emblem while the one in the event picture does. Looks just like it otherwise though.

2015-07-31%20mb_zpsmcjo02hw.png

Oh! I got this dress from the 2nd blue/black box yesterday which is weird.. so I'm thinking it's technically considered a throwback item then?? Is there a mix-up of box items here? If so then it's good news :DThank you Glu for this! :o ↓↓↓

qyzgix.jpg
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    What I don't quite get is this being a typical throwback thing instead of a show your style since they highlighted it being New York Fashion Week. Hmm.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    During this event, I've had an amazing run of luck. Amazing in that I have won the last few gift box items that I dreaded but have seen, lurking next to VIP hairstyles, 40 kstars, and pretty separates. I am the proud owner of the last sports bra (??), the silver striped pants, and the white paneled dress. I no longer have to live in fear!
  • Options
    um congratulations? My boxes so far have been good. out of 6 boxes (2 each game I got a pair of green shoes, then I've actually been tapping the 25Star Boxes. From Palettes where that has been the best prize. I've sidestepped cash and energy. But, there are things from the daily GBs I've never seen in the boxes. so....maybe when I get to the third box. I'm being very honest when I say I don't think I'll make it to the TB in any game. I think I'm feeling the same feeling Lants expressed. Anyone got a pep talk up their sleeve? :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    um congratulations? My boxes so far have been good. out of 6 boxes (2 each game I got a pair of green shoes, then I've actually been tapping the 25Star Boxes. From Palettes where that has been the best prize. I've sidestepped cash and energy. But, there are things from the daily GBs I've never seen in the boxes. so....maybe when I get to the third box. I'm being very honest when I say I don't think I'll make it to the TB in any game. I think I'm feeling the same feeling Lants expressed. Anyone got a pep talk up their sleeve? :)

Yes, I meant that I was happy- now that I have those items, I'll never get them again. Following your philosophy there :) I'd rather get them during a midweek, not during a weekend event with great box items. I don't know if I'll keep going for the throwback box either.
  • Options
    I'm just glad I got that horrid pantsuit (?) out of the way. I'm sure you guys know the one I'm talking about.

I got 25 k-stars in my second box so I'm happy. I have a 4 hour meeting tomorrow :eek: but I'm going to try to knock the third box out by late afternoon. The last throwback I got sunglasses so I'm setting my expectations very low lol
  • Options
    cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Got the double buns, woo! Still salty about the one throwback box, but I'll save that fight for tomorrow. ;)
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • Options
    Syndra x wrote: »
    Oh! I got this dress from the 2nd blue/black box yesterday which is weird.. so I'm thinking it's technically considered a throwback item then?? Is there a mix-up of box items here? If so then it's good news :DThank you Glu for this! :o ↓↓↓

qyzgix.jpg

That definitely is a throwback item! They mix a couple throwback items into the boxes during these events, so with a bit of luck you have the chance of getting more than one item through grinding.
  • Options
    urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    That definitely is a throwback item! They mix a couple throwback items into the boxes during these events, so with a bit of luck you have the chance of getting more than one item through grinding.

Yess, I had that dress and the shoes that go with it in one of my black box palettes. Managed to pick 25 kstars, kash and another kash, and 40 kstars so far. I'm glad I didn't bother opening extra boxes on most of them since I only got kash when I did. Now I have a little under 300 points to go for my free TB box.
    ::sigh:: Back to grinding.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • Options
    Agnes AberdeenAgnes Aberdeen Registered Users 42 Posts
    One box? sad. I missed a throwback I've waited for so long? horrible. I think imma cry
  • Options
    1st Welcome back. 2nd don't cry. How have you been?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary