Options

iOS game notifications don't have sound?

SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
I noticed I keep missing notifications from this game, only finding them later when I happen to look at my tablet. So I looked into the settings and found that there's no sound setting for them, and they are indeed silent. And that's of course why I've been missing them - can't tell there's a notification going on when I can't hear it, as my screen is usually covered when I'm not actively using it. Is this an anomaly with my game or is there really no sound to them? It seems odd.
I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
Weird Al is life. <3

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I can set individual sounds for notifications through my phone. I know this sounds dumb, but have you checked the settings on your phone? Mine make a sound when they come through. I'll look around and do a couple of screenshots if that helps.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Here are the settings on my iPad, KKH on the left and Britney Spears on the right:

IMG_0214.jpg

The option for sound is just completely missing.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    That's how my Kardashian is, but are you getting sound for any other notifications? My phone is hard to see due to the colors. but here goes:

This notification came in with sound about an hour ago.
    Screenshot_20161008-085625_zpsxfmaimar.png~original

To check sound for notifications I went here to settings
    Screenshot_20161008-095210_zpsgg7lbds6.png~original

This screen lets me go choose the sound for the notificaitons
    Screenshot_20161008-095125_zpsa1diownc.png~original

This screen opens up when I tap notifications above
    Screenshot_20161008-095147_zpsfi5xkl1j.png~original

Tap notification sounds above, and this screen where you select what notifications you take.
    Screenshot_20161008-095234_zpsfywxkw0x.png~original

If none of this helps, and you're getting other notification sounds, then i would submit a ticket to Customer Care, and watch this thread for any info that could help in the meantime.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for posting all those screenshots, but sadly they don't help me. What I posted before is the only notifications related options I have - I can choose how the notifications present themselves but I just can't turn on sound for KKH. Other notifications do give sound so it's not some global setting snafu. It's very curious. I have contacted support from within the game. I hope they can help me figure it out.
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Ok so I heard back from support and if I'm understanding their message correctly there's not supposed to be any sound? :confused::confused::confused:

Can anyone on iOS confirm?

They said they'll forward it to the the devs as a suggestion. I have no idea what's going on.
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Ok, Let me check that for you. The screenshot I did yesterday was an Android.

I usually get one when my energy is full, so I'll tap around a little, get it close to full and then we'll wait. Sound is up on the ipad... we'll figure this out, but if they say there's no sound, there's probably no sound.

Hang on
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    UPDATE: LOL. I saw the alert pop up on my screen, not a sound. That's an iPad. Chalk it up to a point for support, and now we all know. Your game is fine, have fun. :)

eta: Can't beliive I missed that she said iOS. Grinding weekend I guess. Bad Moderita. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    eta: Can't beliive I missed that she said iOS. Grinding weekend I guess. Bad Moderita. :(
    lmao! It was only right in the title. :p I was wondering why you were posting android screenshots lol.

But thanks for checking for me. I guess my game is working as intended. Seems odd though that there wouldn't be sound. Especially since apparently on android there is? Oh well, it's forwarded to the devs at least.
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    I went back and looked in settings on my iPad, and there was no indication for sound the way there was in android So probably if the platform had it set up, we'd have them in iOS too.
    As far as the screenshots for Android, playing both platforms sometime blurs the lines for me. I forget that they are set up differently, because for the most part it works the same. For example, take the old transferring info. Having done both platforms, I noticed it was the same process....diff social play vehicle (google+ vs GameCenter) was all as far as user input, so I grabbed the closest device. But if there was the capability to enable notification sound for KK:H, those screenshots could have gotten the job done. maybe. lol. Bottom line, will something like this ever happen again? Probably. will I make pretty purple screnshots? Maybe. Will it help? 50/50. As long as my mistakes are benign we're good. ;) with 3 devices, somethin's always dinning or beeping. Now I know the ipad is the last one to check.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Well, again, thank you so much for checking this out for me. I do appreciate the purple screenshots, it's always been one of my favorite colors. :cool:
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Just found out my sons girlfriend really doesn't like purple. I don't see it working out. Lol jk Sappho, did you get my pm about trying the iMessage add?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary