Options

You have got to be kidding me

hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
I literally got this replacement phone a month ago and NOW this is popping up.

HG0fN60.png

I managed to send a ticket in but it was honestly the most difficult thing since the message popped up every five seconds :mad: and even caused the game to crash. I tried to get the Shop My Closet so I have the receipt and I can't get it because this error message has force signed me out of Google. I cannot sign back into Google because the play store is not even opening and last time I managed to get it open it said authentication was required and I need to sign in!

No clue what to do I can't use the game or really anything on my device at this point! First I lose my old game and now there is a good chance I am going to lose this one!

I have tried clearing the cache of Google Play Store and Google Play Services, I have rebooted my device and cleared the cache, I even updated Google Play Store to the latest version and did the same with Google Play Services. NOTHING HAS WORKED. No clue what to do and I signed up for the VIP thing this time.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I don't believe this Hoodstar9. I am so sick of androids except for my phone. Naturally, I will do my best to try and help. Have you googled that phrase with relation to you new device details? If you get hits on the exact phrase we can try and figure out what's happening.

Eta: but relax, with your receipt I'm sure you'll get your special purchase restored, even though you never got to collect it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I don't believe this Hoodstar9. I am so sick of androids except for my phone. Naturally, I will do my best to try and help. Have you googled that phrase with relation to you new device details? If you get hits on the exact phrase we can try and figure out what's happening.

Eta: but relax, with your receipt I'm sure you'll get your special purchase restored, even though you never got to collect it.

It is also saying Google Services framework has stopped. I did a search and people have said clearing the cache of Google Play Store, Google Play Services, and Google Services Framework can fix the problem. I have done all of that and NOTHING. I tried restarting my phone and NOTHING. I reset the app preferences and NOTHING. All of which was very hard to do with that message popping up every one to five seconds :mad:

Others said factory reset which I do not want to do because people have said that did nothing as the message came back. As far as the Shop My Closet goes I never got to actually buy it :mad: when I tried last night and into this morning Google Play Store when it actually opened had a message stating I would need to sign in which I cannot do because it will not let me. It reads: Authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google Account. Retry.

Just now I turned off the Google auto sync from the settings menu as some people have done and the message is still appearing
    :mad:
  • Options
    I hate Androids right now. I'm about to do a factory reset because my Samsung Tab S is being ridiculous. But since my issue is not with the game, I have to rely on my wits and limited Samsung Chat Brain Picking. Both of which are oxymorons. When they're not bursting into flames, they won't charge and discharge the battery well. Which brings me to the question, can you try and chat with your device brand?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I hate Androids right now. I'm about to do a factory reset because my Samsung Tab S is being ridiculous. But since my issue is not with the game, I have to rely on my wits and limited Samsung Chat Brain Picking. Both of which are oxymorons. When they're not bursting into flames, they won't charge and discharge the battery well. Which brings me to the question, can you try and chat with your device brand?

I just got off the phone with HTC support and they said all options involve a factory reset of my phone which will wipe my data. Which means I will lose my game AGAIN.

If certain people at the house would get their butts home in a timely manner I could use said person's old device and perhaps transfer my game over? Do you think that will work? I can open the game but as you can imagine that message pops up every one to five seconds and interrupts the gameplay
    :mad: That way I can perform a reset on my replacement.

What do suggest I do?? I want to get the Shop My Closet and I have to do it before the event ends tonight!!:mad:
  • Options
    PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    I know you already did that but when you cleared the cache of Playstore, Playservices and Framework did you also cleared the data? It happened to me some months ago and I fixed the error doing this cleaning and restarting the phone. But it has to be cache + data. If you only clear the cache it´s not gonna work. Hope that helps! I know how annoying it can be.
  • Options
    hoodstar9 wrote: »
    I just got off the phone with HTC support and they said all options involve a factory reset of my phone which will wipe my data. Which means I will lose my game AGAIN.

If certain people at the house would get their butts home in a timely manner I could use said person's old device and perhaps transfer my game over? Do you think that will work? I can open the game but as you can imagine that message pops up every one to five seconds and interrupts the gameplay
    :mad: That way I can perform a reset on my replacement.

What do suggest I do?? I want to get the Shop My Closet and I have to do it before the event ends tonight!!:mad:

I just finished a factory reset on my samsung, and once I signed into google and Facebook, I just downloaded from the app store and it was all there. Have you been doing the facebook connection?

I swear that had to be those 2 connections. Think about it. (Can you do a backup through an app manager? Samsung has one, that also does some other brands, but they don't guarrantee app data.) But again. It's been effortless since Facebook started holding connections, and google did away with circles for our games.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Paty wrote: »
    I know you already did that but when you cleared the cache of Playstore, Playservices and Framework did you also cleared the data? It happened to me some months ago and I fixed the error doing this cleaning and restarting the phone. But it has to be cache + data. If you only clear the cache it´s not gonna work. Hope that helps! I know how annoying it can be.

I was only able to clear the cache and data of Google Framework and the Play Store, Services was greyed out.

I just finished a factory reset on my samsung, and once I signed into google and Facebook, I just downloaded from the app store and it was all there. Have you been doing the facebook connection?

I swear that had to be those 2 connections. Think about it. (Can you do a backup through an app manager? Samsung has one, that also does some other brands, but they don't guarrantee app data.) But again. It's been effortless since Facebook started holding connections, and google did away with circles for our games.

I have Google Play Games installed and I have been signed in through that and also facebook. I tried doing a backup through helium but I had to have the pro version in order to do so. Which I tried finding but couldn't. The completly unhelpful rep from HTC said that HTC sync manager only backs up texts, pictures, etc. Not apps. Kind of hope that answers your question.

I just rebooted the device after clearing and the message is still there
    :mad: Am I going to have to do the factory reset??
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOO

MY GAME WAS RESTORED TO LEVEL 12 AND I WAS ON LEVEL 20. My purchases are once again GONE!
  • Options
    Ok, I would try again. I set up my old phone for the tab's game last weekend, and it it didn't go all the way up. So I thought it wouldn't work. I tried again the next morning, and it went up to the right safe.

Can you try again? I'm so so sorry this happened, but experience tells me, it might not be the end.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, I would try again. I set up my old phone for the tab's game last weekend, and it it didn't go all the way up. So I thought it wouldn't work. I tried again the next morning, and it went up to the right safe.

Can you try again? I'm so so sorry this happened, but experience tells me, it might not be the end.

What do you mean try again? I keep going to Google Play Games and it looks like it only saved one copy or something. I literally just got my purchases back on Thursday:mad:
  • Options
    By try again, I meant uninstalling and reinstalling. A number of posts have been that people didn't get their current game, but kept doing the uninstall reinstall and a more recent game became available. But I don't know how to look at my saves in Google play, but if that is all that is in there, then I'm so sorry. :( I wish there was something ....but if the new device originally took a more recent game than level 14, I don't see why that game wasn't brought up or shows in Google Play.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    By try again, I meant uninstalling and reinstalling. A number of posts have been that people didn't get their current game, but kept doing the uninstall reinstall and a more recent game became available. But I don't know how to look at my saves in Google play, but if that is all that is in there, then I'm so sorry. :( I wish there was something ....but if the new device originally took a more recent game than level 14, I don't see why that game wasn't brought up or shows in Google Play.

gHlKeTQ.gif

Kokokokonut, when I got home and saw the timer for the event I panicked and purchased the new Shop My Closet. You're saying I have to uninstall and reinstall. I am scared to even tap that uninstall button because I do not want to risk my game being lost again. I do not want to deal with customer support either or bother Kalinda with this. I absolutely hate sending tickets in.
  • Options
    Ok 1st thing, I'm glad you were able to make the purchase, I'll double check that once you buy it and have it, as a special 'bought with cold hard cash' thing it will be restored for sure, if you try and get a more recent game. Once we make sure you won't lose it you can decide if you want to keep trying. When you firs6 got the game up on the new phone, did it come in higher than the level 14 you're on now?

But if you just want to play from there, it is up to you. Trying and not getting it back will be very upsetting and draining, but again, if the device had the higher level when you first transferred it, then I would probably try again. Trying to reinstall and recover your game feels like a round of Fight Club. A sucker punch to the gut at least. You decide, and we'll find out if that purchase will be restored.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Hi hoodstar9,

We're sorry you're experiencing these issues with your game. Our Customer Care team has received your messages and we'll help as soon as we can.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    Ok 1st thing, I'm glad you were able to make the purchase, I'll double check that once you buy it and have it, as a special 'bought with cold hard cash' thing it will be restored for sure, if you try and get a more recent game. Once we make sure you won't lose it you can decide if you want to keep trying. When you firs6 got the game up on the new phone, did it come in higher than the level 14 you're on now?

But if you just want to play from there, it is up to you. Trying and not getting it back will be very upsetting and draining, but again, if the device had the higher level when you first transferred it, then I would probably try again. Trying to reinstall and recover your game feels like a round of Fight Club. A sucker punch to the gut at least. You decide, and we'll find out if that purchase will be restored.

I tried twice and the same game and the same level appeared. So from this point forward I have to. I am furious right now. Something told me NOT to move my game to the SD card but I did it anyway especially when Hrash told me this game saves to internal storage :mad: Bianca was on her way back up, she got the Halloween eyes, bought a car, had over $100K, and finished Kim's birthday and Halloween. Now she has NOTHING once again.
    Hi hoodstar9,

We're sorry you're experiencing these issues with your game. Our Customer Care team has received your messages and we'll help as soon as we can.

Thank you, I am seeing an exclamation point in the upper left corner.