Customized eye and hair colours

SugarKSugarK Senior MemberRegistered Users 1,704 Posts
Has anyone had troubles accessing customized hair or eye colours that they have already purchased? During the last VIP event I purchased the gorgeous dark auburn hair colour and the dark blue eye colour. Kiki has been wearing them all this time but today I wanted to change them. I went to the eye colours and as you can see from the image I had the blue eye colour as one of MY ITEMS. When I tried to select it a popup box came up to say I had to pay 10 stars :eek: Of course, I accidentally clicked it and paid the 10 stars (again) but I still could not access the blue eye colour. I actually had to change the tab to EVERYTHING and then I could choose it for my doll. Clearly this is a glitch :eek:

I'm actually scared to change my hair colour now because I don't want to lose my auburn colour and there is no way in h*ll I'm paying an additional 160 stars to get it back!

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

ERNFtU.jpg

Comments

  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Senior Member Registered Users 1,260 Posts
    It happened to me but when trying to call a friend for a gig.. and we havent broken our friendship as far as I remember..
    #vatshasmyheart ❤️
    I've got a crush on the World. ✈️🌎💫
  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,704 Posts
    Oh no, Sassy :( I hate losing friends :(
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Community Moderator Moderators 25,634 Posts
    I purchased some colors, and it showed I owned them, but charged me again for them. I took screenshots, but tbh after the vip when I went customization crazy, I haven't tried to get reimbursement, because I have to sort it all out. But I'm sorry this happened to you.
    🦋Purple Headed  ♊+  🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    🙅I Am NOT a Glu Employee🙅
    & I PLAY 3 GAMES
    💜 Vats is Back ~ My Heart Sings 💜
    #KalindasCallsMadeMoreSense




  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Advanced Member Registered Users 570 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Has anyone had troubles accessing customized hair or eye colours that they have already purchased? During the last VIP event I purchased the gorgeous dark auburn hair colour and the dark blue eye colour. Kiki has been wearing them all this time but today I wanted to change them. I went to the eye colours and as you can see from the image I had the blue eye colour as one of MY ITEMS. When I tried to select it a popup box came up to say I had to pay 10 stars :eek: Of course, I accidentally clicked it and paid the 10 stars (again) but I still could not access the blue eye colour. I actually had to change the tab to EVERYTHING and then I could choose it for my doll. Clearly this is a glitch :eek:

    I'm actually scared to change my hair colour now because I don't want to lose my auburn colour and there is no way in h*ll I'm paying an additional 160 stars to get it back!

    Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

    ERNFtU.jpg

    Girl, I think I can solve this mystery for you. Because it keeps tripping me up. Did you accidentally hit another eye shadow color? There are new amazing neutral eyeshadows in the wardrobe and the choice to change them pops up when you switch between the customization tabs. Many are pretty similar and the changes are subtle. Did you accidentally put on a 10 star eye shadow and now it wants you to pay for that instead of the eye color? Because I've done that a couple times, like, playing around with the features, I change everything, then put everything back to original Skylar and exit, but it asks me if I want to pay 30 stars. And I'm like, um, I'm wearing my GS eyes and my Nars lips ... But when I go back and check, a lip color is still selected to 'purchase' even though I'm back on my Nars lips again. So the lips can change, but if you've fiddled with the lipstick (or eyeshadow) color, that will stay in your 'cart' so to speak.

    Also sorry if this is way off, haha.
  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,704 Posts
    Girl, I think I can solve this mystery for you. Because it keeps tripping me up. Did you accidentally hit another eye shadow color? There are new amazing neutral eyeshadows in the wardrobe and the choice to change them pops up when you switch between the customization tabs. Many are pretty similar and the changes are subtle. Did you accidentally put on a 10 star eye shadow and now it wants you to pay for that instead of the eye color? Because I've done that a couple times, like, playing around with the features, I change everything, then put everything back to original Skylar and exit, but it asks me if I want to pay 30 stars. And I'm like, um, I'm wearing my GS eyes and my Nars lips ... But when I go back and check, a lip color is still selected to 'purchase' even though I'm back on my Nars lips again. So the lips can change, but if you've fiddled with the lipstick (or eyeshadow) color, that will stay in your 'cart' so to speak.

    Also sorry if this is way off, haha.

    No it was definitely eye colour and not shadow. I would never wear a gaudy blue eye shadow like that anyways :p LOL. I changed eye colour and then didn't like it so I wanted to change back right away but it was too late :mad: I put a ticket in but just wanted to see if it happened to others and make people aware of it. Actually I don't often use the MY ITEMS tab but I did have it on today :rolleyes:
  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,704 Posts
    Thank you Koko. Hope you get yours sorted out too!!! I'm guessing once Glu is aware of it they can fix it in a future update (i hope) :D
    I purchased some colors, and it showed I owned them, but charged me again for them. I took screenshots, but tbh after the vip when I went customization crazy, I haven't tried to get reimbursement, because I have to sort it all out. But I'm sorry this happened to you.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Advanced Member Registered Users 570 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    No it was definitely eye colour and not shadow. I would never wear a gaudy blue eye shadow like that anyways :p LOL. I changed eye colour and then didn't like it so I wanted to change back right away but it was too late :mad: I put a ticket in but just wanted to see if it happened to others and make people aware of it. Actually I don't often use the MY ITEMS tab but I did have it on today :rolleyes:

    Ohh, okay okay. I just remember getting charged for lip color when I had on the Nars lips, etc. It seems like a genuine glitch! Hopefully Glu will sort it out.
  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,704 Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion though, always good to get other people's thoughts on things ;)
    Ohh, okay okay. I just remember getting charged for lip color when I had on the Nars lips, etc. It seems like a genuine glitch! Hopefully Glu will sort it out.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Advanced Member Registered Users 570 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    No it was definitely eye colour and not shadow. I would never wear a gaudy blue eye shadow like that anyways :p LOL. I changed eye colour and then didn't like it so I wanted to change back right away but it was too late :mad: I put a ticket in but just wanted to see if it happened to others and make people aware of it. Actually I don't often use the MY ITEMS tab but I did have it on today :rolleyes:

    81ea55f28fdd1e907b5b2eadd137a941.jpg
  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,704 Posts
    LMAO! I swear that's what I'd feel like wearing any blue eyeshadow :p:p
    81ea55f28fdd1e907b5b2eadd137a941.jpg
  • Mani86Mani86 Experienced Member Registered Users 222 Posts
    I don't think you need to worry about losing the colors you've bought. It just seems to be some coding error.. When I try to change hair or eye color that are in "my items", a different color from what I chose, shows on my doll sometimes. Just chose colors in "everything" and you'll be fine. I bought the dark red hair and I still have it. :)
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Experienced Member Registered Users 780 Posts
    Mani86 wrote: »
    I don't think you need to worry about losing the colors you've bought. It just seems to be some coding error.. When I try to change hair or eye color that are in "my items", a different color from what I chose, shows on my doll sometimes. Just chose colors in "everything" and you'll be fine. I bought the dark red hair and I still have it. :)


    What she said :D
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

    📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,704 Posts
    Thanks girls :) Makes me feel better there is a work-around this little glitch until Glu can fix it :)
  • urnxournxo Experienced Member Registered Users 198 Posts
    I have the same issue with an eye shadow color I purchased. It shows up in my items but when I go to wear it the screen about 10 kstars pops up.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • SugarKSugarK Senior Member Registered Users 1,704 Posts
    urnxo make sure you are in the EVERYTHING tab instead of the MY ITEMS tab and you should be able to select the purchased colour without the pop up coming up.

    Just to let everyone know, I did receive a response from GLU on this and they stated they are aware of this issue and are working on fixing it, however they did not have an exact time-frame as to when the fix would happen.

    Thanks for your comments and support on this :D You dolls are the greatest!!
    urnxo wrote: »
    I have the same issue with an eye shadow color I purchased. It shows up in my items but when I go to wear it the screen about 10 kstars pops up.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!