Options

K-Star Video Problem

Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
I'm going to try and explain this as concisely and clear as possible. I've brought this problem up to Glu multiple times and I think it's falling on deaf ears. Here's my problem: When I click on "Get Free Stars" to earn K-Stars, instead of the screen that gives me the option to either "Watch Video Offer" or "Other Offers" the "Other Offers" page automatically pops up. It's been going on for months . Is there a fix for this? And does anyone else seem to be having this problem?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    Hi. I'm sorry this is happening, but when you say you've brought it up to glu, do you mean you've submitted tickets to customer care? They are the ones who can look into your game to see if something is wrong. They will probably explain that sometimes there are just no videos to watch. I've had that exact scenario happen to me at times, but mostly the button for videos is there, and if I tap it and there are no videos, it tells me no videos are available. Then I have the option of going into the Other Offers Wall.

If they're the ones you've spoken to, what was the outcome? Here is what I found from FAQs.

[h=2]There are no videos for me to watch.
    [/h] Video availability is completely dependent on advertisers. If they want to advertise to your specific demographic they may offer videos, but if not, then you will not have any to view. Unfortunately, there is no way to make them want to show videos.

We do try to use multiple vendors in order to increase the chance a video will be available for all of our players. You will just need to check back frequently to see if any are available.

Due to a technical limitation we are not able to offer free k-star videos to every single user. This has to do with the date when a user started playing the game as well as other variables. This technical limitation is something we have tried to work around as we would ideally like all players to have free k-star offers, but we were unable to find a solution.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    ๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    That's not my problem. I've submitted tickets to customer care, but I think they misunderstand my issue most of the time.
    What I'll do is press "Get Free Stars" and I'll get the option to click on the video offer and I'll receive a K-star. Next time I click "Get Free Stars", instead of getting the screen that gives me the options for a "Video Offer" or "Other Offers" the "Other Offers" page automatically pops up. It happens rather frequently. It's quite irritating because during VIP weekends I miss out on the Double Rewards because I can't access the free video offers.
  • Options
    I understand. When there are no more videos that is exactly what happens. It takes you to other offers. But you said your attempts fell on deaf ears. I asked if you contacted customer care about this. I'm sorry you didn't think I understood. I've seen all aspects of the offers videos vs others and so far you have described normal actions. but customer care should be contacted, if they haven't already. If they have responded, what did they say?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thing is, is that I have free videos to watch, but can't access them all the time because the screen that gives me the option to watch the videos doesn't come up. Customer Care said that they'd have developers check on the issue, but it doesn't look like they're doing anything because the problem is still occurring. This has been going on since the 5.5 update. (I hope this makes sense.)
  • Options
    On the ticket response from customer care, is there a way to respond on that ticket? If so I'd say 3 weeks ago you advised the developers would be looking at my issue, can you tell me is any progress has been made because my glitch has not been resolved.

Something like that? Meanwhile, I'll see if I can find out anything for you. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary