Options

Weekend Event 1/27/17 - Shopping Spree or Tap Dance, WWIB?

Comments

• Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    I finally bought that cat in downtown LA, haha. I'd been meaning to do that for so long. Opened the free box, got 40 stars. Opened another box, got the hair.

vfQM49.jpg
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I got the $4K ****ie prize in my free box. That's it for me. I'll be grateful if I get the jacket or boots in a Throwback box someday. I love 'em.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

(Also, no way I'd spend $20 for SMC. I felt incredibly guilty spending $10 the two times I did.)
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I finally bought this fabulous hair which I wanted for so long and the price was perfect (55 k stars) to earn the choker.
    This is my free box where I got this dress/jumpsuit..?? I don't even know how to describe it but I like it! I would prefer that amazing parka-style jacket but I'm not going to chase it.
    Ok now this was my free gift box (luckily I managed to dodge the short hair... I don't like it!)

Screenshot_20170127-165420_zpsyl57oei8_edit_1485532880876_zpsmzhfaooj.jpeg

And this is my doll rocking her new items: the hair that I bought, the dress/jumpsuit, the choker and the bag was the tb item that I won yesterday.

KKH_Screenshot_1485532621779_zpsfo7xas89.jpg
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    You look fabulous. I bought that hair, then I stumbled upon the best pair of shoes. I love VIPs.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Here are my winnings from the gift boxes. My luck wasn't too bad, and although I would have liked the boots I decided not to push it.

6dSLH8Nl.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I bought Chevier Toronto in Lalas game and the dog in the London apartment in Finns.
    I then got the green boa 2.0 in Lalas free box and Finn got some black box pants. Now I'm just going to focus on grinding for KStars, I don't think I'll buy anything else, the items are just not worth it to me.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    The Stars for each 5Star Prof gig is awesome. My 2nd fave part of the weekend. The first if spluging on my dolls. But I too am sitting out the SMC. I can't start choosing which game gets it and which doesn't, and I'm not in a position to spend 60$ on one outfit for all 3 dolls. But I am spending my heart out in Stars. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Yeah, not feeling the $20 price tag on the SMC. I was excited when I saw the hair but it's not worth that much money even considering the extra stars that come with the pack. We have similar shoes already and the body suit is not spectacular enough to warrant the price.

I think I'm going to spend enough to get the bag. I was about to stop at the choker but I've already spent close to 200 stars so I figured I might as well go for it :) I really wanted the jacket out of the gift box but I got the boots, which I'm pretty happy with. Maybe I'll open a few boxes chasing the jacket haha
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • Options
    ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Does anyone recommend the gym or the restaurant?
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I got everything BUT the boots, then ran out of kstars. :( Only wanted the boots.
  • Options
    I'd love to help, but I've purchased neither. I do know with the Gym you can get workout clothes in your Daily gift box tiles for Partnerships. Other than that, I don't have much knowledge. I'm still furnishing homes, and the energy expenditure for the gym didn't interest me. lol. Darn it. Can't even get my dolls to hit the gym. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    ldavis1636 wrote: »
    Does anyone recommend the gym or the restaurant?

Here's a thread on the restaurant: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?232165-Sky-Bar-on-Hollywood

I don't believe the gym gives you any k-star rewards. Just energy. However there are partnerships you can earn by owning the gym which gives exclusive clothing.

I don't own either so I can't speak freely on which would be better. My guess is the gym would be handy to stock up on energy but if you're looking for a k-star return then it's a bad investment.
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Here's a thread on the restaurant: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?232165-Sky-Bar-on-Hollywood

I don't believe the gym gives you any k-star rewards. Just energy. However there are partnerships you can earn by owning the gym which gives exclusive clothing.

I don't own either so I can't speak freely on which would be better. My guess is the gym would be handy to stock up on energy but if you're looking for a k-star return then it's a bad investment.

After the first nine weeks (so after earning the 9 tiles to get the three items of gym clothes), the gym partnership starts to pay back in k-stars. The first one is 3 kstars-- so there is a slight k star payback-- but it is very slight.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Today I woke up feeling kinda ‘Alice’, cause I had this bunny to chase, but never imagined that this bunny would me take to the wonderland.

So I finally was able to bidding that marvelous coat at the auction in Vienna, I won’t say that was easy to pay 110 k-stars for it, but it is better than 140!

With that I grabbed the free box and the blue shoes. So the chase begun:
    TuOQIU7.png?1

Got the pink pants in my free box yay, decided to try to get the purple ‘bunny’ coat right there, got stars, one more try got the hair (Andrzej hope you have the same luck, wish I could give it to you, I promise I’ll honor this hair the same way you do with the fabulous ponytail that I missed).

Thought to myself ok just one more try…
    I9wiR8j.png?1

Decided to pick the same box that the bunny showed up on the previous set, that strategy worked before to me, but not this time. I finally got the denim shirt after waiting for YEARS, it feels so old right now TBH, but I’ll pretend it was a luxe goal since I paid 5 stars less than the wardrobe price.

Ok this is not bad at all, actually I’m doing great one more try? Stars, ok let’s do it again…More stars *pheew*, oh the bunny jumped to box 2!

Vats you’re playing with fire! You never went so far without being severely burned… I need the bunny… Ok one more time. Now should I go with box 2 or 7?! If there’s 7 minutes in the heaven…
    bHe5ClA.png?1

YASSSSSSSSSSS (colossal monster voice)!!!!!!!

That was fun! I don’t want to talk too loud to don’t jinx myself, but has been two months that I don’t get any krap prize in my weekend gift boxes, sure that I got some stuff I didn’t liked, but the real krap was out of my way during this time. While the mid-week boxes absolutely hates me, weekend gift boxes are in love with me:o!

Thanks to this epic journey I’m at 350 points, so yeah there’s no reason to not finish the event. I’m planning to buy the new beard, the gym, purple eye color and one of the 4 poses that are left in the photbooth, unless Maria calls me with something else.

I’m curious about the weekend gig and Simon, but it’s a waste of energy to do them. If anyone go ahead tell us about it please!

Now excuse me that I'm gonna get dressed for the success!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Oh Vats......you followed the bunny and now you're having Rabbit Stew. :) Congratulations and thank you for including us on that magical journey.

And before anyone gets upset....it's a virtual bunny. No actual bunnies went into the the Rabbit Stew. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Is there any benefit to doing the event storylines during a VIP weekend?
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

this is usually the only weekend where I don't do the story line cause they take an insane amount of energy which is better used for the reality show gigs.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

I used to do the V.I.P. event gigs, but then I had to quit because there's no event points for completing the gigs and it's a waste of time because it requires so much energy bolts.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Thanks KaylaJ and Carol Davida!
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    The weekend events for VIP weekend sometimes give a few extra K-stars in the end.
    I do the weekend events because I'm long out of other storylines and I get easliy bored with reality shows :)
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Options
    Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    I finally got the time to participate! Parties after parties this past week has got me so tired.

I decided to hold off on the other items and just reach for the choker and try to get the army jacket in the gift boxes which both I was able to obtain. :D
    RkXTMn1.jpg

Zzy4Fk0.jpg
    daffodil wrote: »
    The weekend events for VIP weekend sometimes give a few extra K-stars in the end.
    I do the weekend events because I'm long out of other storylines and I get easliy bored with reality shows :)

I never knew that! Thanks, daffodil... I'm not even mad about the energy now that I'm going to use it for those few extra K-Stars.
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    After two failed palettes yesterday I decided to just go for another one today during job 2 of the weekend and.....

tumblr_okhya5YKsQ1qfvh9po1_1280.jpg

I feel grateful for sure but would've much rather had to pay 120 stars to have them instead of having to take 3 chances and maybe get them. Price the hairstyles like this in the wardrobe and people WILL buy them glu since cultural styles are so important to a lot of people. Please consider that option instead of a box one in the future.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    I left my game for like a day and when I opened it today I had lost some progress. Like an hour of gameplay or so, so no biggie. I closed the game as always yesterday, no crashing or anything, so I don't get why this happened. I had finished the event but today I had to buy a few things again to finish. Anyone else experience this?
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    So happy that you got the hair that you wanted Andrzej!! Lucky boy :D
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    After two failed palettes yesterday I decided to just go for another one today during job 2 of the weekend and.....

tumblr_okhya5YKsQ1qfvh9po1_1280.jpg

I feel grateful for sure but would've much rather had to pay 120 stars to have them instead of having to take 3 chances and maybe get them. Price the hairstyles like this in the wardrobe and people WILL buy them glu since cultural styles are so important to a lot of people. Please consider that option instead of a box one in the future.
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I was so weak for that military jacket that I tried to chase it.
    In the first pallette I opened 3 boxes where I got energy, energy and 40 k stars (yeah it was pretty bad I know)
    This is my second pallette where I win the hair (which I didn't want but still) and the boots (really beautiful, happy for getting them)

Screenshot_20170128-152153_zpssl7svsz5_edit_1485630295235_zpscuqypdtw.jpeg

I tried again but I had to open only one box because I had left only 40 k stars and this is what happened

Screenshot_20170128-183441_zpsecckcpfg_edit_1485630332205_zps8ard1zea.jpeg

And this is my doll with all her new items

KKH_Screenshot_1485630227664_zpsos7qfken.jpg

So happy! Thanks to the chase I even got the 300 points bag!
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    So I started off this VIP by buying the new-ish hair from the last update for 55 k-stars (in the second picture). This earned me the free giftbox, which got me the jacket, as well as the earnable choker. This was the giftbox item that I liked the most, so I'm very happy to have gotten it. Also happy to see that all of the event items were in the palette, despite there being no k-stars.

IMG_1236.png

I think that this is where I will stop for the weekend. I now have enough k-stars to earn the purse, but I don't think I will go for it as k-stars have become increasingly hard for me to earn in the game. I also haven't bought stars in a month or two because of this, I don't have enough money to be able to completely supplement the amount that I used to be able to earn.

IMG_1237.png

I also wanted to talk a bit about the price of this weeks SMC. I do know that there are more k-stars added to this one, however (as other users have pointed out, it is still not worth it. In order for someone to buy this SMC for $27.99 + tax, they would have to work 3 hours at minimum wage. This is for a DIGITAL clothing item. I want to add that I have never thought that SMC have been worth it. I can buy myself a shirt for this price (more if shopping somewhere cheap, like at Forever 21). For me to consider buying a collection of exclusive digital clothing, the most I would pay would be $6 or $7, as this is what seems worth it for me. I have only ever seen the cost of k-stars in the game as having been worth buying due to the amount of k-stars I have been able to earn alongside them.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I hate how Maria hardly ever calls me on a VIP weekend.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    kkh&kkgplayerkkh&kkgplayer Registered Users 10 Posts
    will we be getting a new update after this event?
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I finished the weekend quests and was rewarded with 3 K-stars by Maria! This is what I did: After the first gig you learn that Crystal Fletcher is behing the rumours and I told Maria that we would go in the Ray Powers show. During the show I called out Crystal and for the third gig I chose the charity event to get awareness for cyber bullying. Simon gets sentimental (it was so adorable) and afterwards Maria calls and gives you 3 K-stars.

Congrats on getting the hair, Andrzej_S.!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!
    aTNrhIt.png?1

This is not the first VIP that I went all the way, but this is the first one that I felt like how a true VIP event should be, they generally fail to impress me, not this one!

I absolutely adore the colors and details of the clothes and to my surprise I got 6 out of the 7 items they offered, so far this is my best result of ALL weekend events, yeah I’m super happy!

KaylaJ wrote: »
    I hate how Maria hardly ever calls me on a VIP weekend.

True. She calls me at least twice a day, she called me twice during the whole weekend, and this is not the first time I noticed this behavior during VIP events.

I bought the gym to start to collect the partnerships and aside that, I confirmed my initial beliefs when it was released that the place is useless. As if I would back from hour to hour to collect those dumbbells’ points and to pay more 200 k-stars to fill up the gym to accelerate the process to get the ‘marvelous’ prize of 5 energy bolts lol, at least the photobooth backdrop came for free this time!

Linda thanks for telling us the outcome of the story.:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!