Options

Update v9.8 Kicks off 2019

Comments

• Options
    melissakkhmelissakkh Registered Users, Member 1,043 Posts
    Umm, what? I am updating my game now after a busy day... My head is exploding reading the forum. I am shocked. Only six early access items, no VIP storyline and just KKG items? I was planning on spending money for this update. I don’t think so! 

• Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    Umm, what? I am updating my game now after a busy day... My head is exploding reading the forum. I am shocked. Only six early access items, no VIP storyline and just KKG items? I was planning on spending money for this update. I don’t think so! 

You will get a VIP storyline with reward IF you have missed any/were not a member from the beginning. Bronze, Silver, and Gold members who have all the rewards already got 10/25/50 k stars respectively.
    iOS
  • Options
    @AliBryant But a huge question has been raised in my head.. If there are no more VIP exclusive storylines how is the VIP subscription value staying the same? I think Glu missed that one
  • Options
    @melissakkh Supposedly, changes will come in the NEXT update that will make more sense. But for THIS update, Glu ripped us all off by not only giving us LESS VIP exclusive items than before, but also only compensating with a paltry amount of k-stars, nowhere NEAR the value of the subscription price!  
    iOS
  • Options
    @AliBryant Did someone say changes are coming next update or are you assuming? Am I missing another important thread? 😂
  • Options
    @melissakkh there is a pop up you get in the game if you're VIP that says that, after a call from Simon
    iOS
  • Options
    @AliBryant Thanks, I still haven’t opened my game. 
  • Options
    CalanthaCalantha Registered Users 187 Posts
    skevans said:

Any guesses as to what this could be?

It's probably some sort of Kollection....that all Glu seems to focus on anymore 🙄
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I'm sorry that the KKW Beauty contour kit offer disappeared with the new update! I know how much you guys really wanted it, so I convinced the team to bring it back to the game tomorrow. 
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    Thanks @KalindaKing!
    iOS
  • Options
    @AmeliaKKH The ONLY reason I didn't cancel my VIP today is I joined up late, so I still got a quest today with an outfit. Once I have them all, I will cancel, unless there are significant benefits to VIP that exceed just buying a k star pack a month on my own.
    iOS
  • Options
    AmeliaKKHAmeliaKKH Registered Users 722 Posts
    Calantha said:
    skevans said:

Any guesses as to what this could be?

It's probably some sort of Kollection....that all Glu seems to focus on anymore 🙄
    Or the K-Stars addition every month. But without the early access discount it’s pointless. I think we should get a discount on the whole game as long as it’s active. 

On the android Trial Run they had exclusive daily box items and a number of K-Stars every month. 
  • Options
    AliBryant said:
    @AmeliaKKH The ONLY reason I didn't cancel my VIP today is I joined up late, so I still got a quest today with an outfit. Once I have them all, I will cancel, unless there are significant benefits to VIP that exceed just buying a k star pack a month on my own.
    I think this is great for new players! Like... I’m happy they added the past quests to everyone so new players can get it. The point is. What about those who already had everything? It would be a nice way to reward loyalty, but no. And even if I felt it wasn’t really worth it, at least we’d get new items. But 50 K-Stars is just a slap on my face. 
  • Options
    @AmeliaKKH Don't forget the exclusive quest with rewards outfit. That's the reason I joined VIP in the first place! If it's just a k star pack (with no savings over the star shop), I'm canceling. Even if there are early access items. 
    iOS
  • Options
    AliBryant said:
    @AmeliaKKH Don't forget the exclusive quest with rewards outfit. That's the reason I joined VIP in the first place! If it's just a k star pack (with no savings over the star shop), I'm canceling. Even if there are early access items. 
    It was the whole point of it. Even if it was 3 items. At least we’d always get an exclusive hairstyle. And I loved the discount! Not so much that it was Early Access but getting it half off was AMAZING! Cause it made everything so cheap! 
  • Options
    judithkkhjudithkkh Registered Users 1,699 Posts
    edited January 2019
    edit i'm dumb and didn't remember how much the sale was before
    i apologize
    also how is giving K-stars and no clothing fair? i always loved the idea of VIP memberships giving us K-stars too but this was + clothing
  • Options
    LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    Im sooo exaited to see the new clothing on Emma <3
    Im soo happy there are 4 Kash itens and that includes 2 GORGEOUS tops, 1 AMAZING pair of pants and 1 STUNNING pair of shoes <3
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • Options
    Im soo happy there are 4 Kash itens and that includes 2 GORGEOUS tops, 1 AMAZING pair of pants and 1 STUNNING pair of shoes <3
    Yeeesss!!!! I was impressed with the number os cash items! Trueeee!!! 
  • Options
    LovelyEmmaLovelyEmma Registered Users, Member 4,384 Posts
    AmeliaKKH said:
    Yeeesss!!!! I was impressed with the number os cash items! Trueeee!!! 
    Same!
    We always tend to get 2 or 3 per update and BOOM this update with get 4!
    I feel happy because of that <3
    Platform: Originally Facebook and then played 2 days as Android
    Current Level: 72
    Ranking: 1+++
    Daily KKH player since around May 2015 entil early December 2020
  • Options
    @judithkkh that's what I am saying-  it's totally bogus, even if this is just a one month temporary thing, that people who pay real money for a subscription didn't even get the equivalent amount in stars to make up for it! 

So, to reiterate, there is no new VIP quest this update, there are fewer exclusive items this update, AND you get a laughable amount of k-stars for the price of the subscription. It's a joke.
    iOS
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    AliBryant said:
    @judithkkh that's what I am saying-  it's totally bogus, even if this is just a one month temporary thing, that people who pay real money for a subscription didn't even get the equivalent amount in stars to make up for it! 

So, to reiterate, there is no new VIP quest this update, there are fewer exclusive items this update, AND you get a laughable amount of k-stars for the price of the subscription. It's a joke.
    it would've been fair if we at least got the K-stars worth of the amount we're paying but no
    there's not really a point of being a VIP other than the early released items which have been reduced, too
    i'll just wait it out if K-stars is going to be my only prize for a membership, such a bummer
  • Options
    i see there's a new Kim's gig but i didn't get a call (i've been moving to see if this triggers it but nope)... is this happening to anyone else?
  • Options
    judithkkh said:
    AliBryant said:

it would've been fair if we at least got the K-stars worth of the amount we're paying but no
    there's not really a point of being a VIP other than the early released items which have been reduced, too
    i'll just wait it out if K-stars is going to be my only prize for a membership, such a bummer

anyway i just hope my K-stars sale doesn't disappear before i can get it after i'm done with work because i'm going to be p i s s e d if it does
    I agree. You can release all old storylines and still give something new and exciting to the loyal customers who have been subscribed this whole time instead of just "Here's 10/25/50 K-Stars for your last 24 months of $5/$20/$50/VIP subscription". I'm really eager to see how they can ruin this more because... it's truly an accomplishment! 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    AmeliaKKH said:
    judithkkh said:
    AliBryant said:

anyway i just hope my K-stars sale doesn't disappear before i can get it after i'm done with work because i'm going to be p i s s e d if it does
    I agree. You can release all old storylines and still give something new and exciting to the loyal customers who have been subscribed this whole time instead of just "Here's 10/25/50 K-Stars for your last 24 months of $5/$20/$50/VIP subscription". I'm really eager to see how they can ruin this more because... it's truly an accomplishment! 
    exactly, i get releasing old storylines for people who didn't have the chance to get them or whatever but don't punish people who have been a loyal VIP member for a long time now
    it's like we're getting punished for being a VIP member since the game started/before this update, it's not really fair
    i wonder if this will be addressed? because i would like to know if there's a new plan for this or if this is how it's going to be from now on
  • Options
    VampireBarbieVampireBarbie Registered Users, Member 1,242 Posts
    @judithkkh do you have a K-Star sale right now from the starshop? Just wanting to clarify whether that was a VIP thing or a normal sale (I’m not VIP but I would love if a regular K-Star sale popped up right now)
    she/her
    platform: iOS
    add me here
  • Options
    AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    judithkkh said:
    AmeliaKKH said:
    judithkkh said:
    AliBryant said:

exactly, i get releasing old storylines for people who didn't have the chance to get them or whatever but don't punish people who have been a loyal VIP member for a long time now
    it's like we're getting punished for being a VIP member since the game started/before this update, it's not really fair
    i wonder if this will be addressed? because i would like to know if there's a new plan for this or if this is how it's going to be from now on
    Because long time paying customers always get punished in this game. 
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    18 stars....I’m so low but I kinda don’t want to put any more money into this game after the disappointing Christmas/New Years events and now this lame update 😳