Options

Can't connect

jenmjenm Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
Hi dolls,  wondering if anyone can help. Was playing sys all Friday night into the early hours of Saturday morning, as I usually do as I'm an addict,  when I went back to play on Saturday afternoon, I kept getting the cant connect error, even though my wifi is super fast. I have tried just about everything, including emailing support, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, out of the blue. I'm playing on Android.  
Also can anyone advise how to get my ID from the game when I cant connect? I'm at my wits end, so upset I've missed the weekend event and sys. 

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    You can’t access your ID if you can’t open the game.  But we can something else.   How much free space do you have on your device?  Try closing all other programs. now a good time to delete any old apps or files you no longer need.  That often helps, especially with Androids.  Let me know what happens  .  I’m so sorry you’re going through this. 
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hey @kokokokonut I have 3gb free on my device, I have deleted everything pretty much other than KKH, kinda panicking now I wont be able to get my ID, I've been playing for 6 years , and spend real money every week 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Don’t panic. There is a page on troubleshooting up in FAQS.  https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=troubleshooting&f=why-can-t-i-load-or-open-my-game-1569520091&p=all   Look at that, and  see if there is any helpful info.  
    Tomorrow when the office is open, I’ll see what else can be done for you.      
    Another thing is even if nothing else works, When a new file is sent through, even those little ones we get when the event preloads the day  before the Weekend event, or any little bug fix they send through automatically can just open things again for you.  Again, I’ve heard about and experienced these very things with Android.  Once, one of my Androids just wouldn’t connect.  I tried over and over, tried  toggling airplane on and off. Did everything I could EXCEPT DO NOT UNINSTALL THE Game.  And then a small file came through and she opened. 
    It’s not time to panic. Breathe deeply.  Oh, is there another android you could try to take the game on temporarily? 
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank you, I have spent the past 2 days trying everything. I have contacted support and am awaiting a reply, only I thought I had my ID but I don't,  i have made loads of in app purchases and have connected with facebook and Google play so hopefuly they will help. I feel so lost without the game. Thank you so much for your response 
  • Options
    I'm praying one of those little files will fly by, I like you have tried airplane mode, switching networks, restarting the modem and resetting the wifi. I have downloaded some other games to test my wifi connection, I am able to play on these. I don't have enough space to play on my other Android phone 😭. Again thank you so.much for your response. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Ok your hard earned spent cash is safe. Those purchases can be restored with Supports help. You will send them your google receipts and that can be restored. So take comfort in that. But that’s absolute worst case scenario. You are not there yet by a long shot. First, the game could just pop back open.  That’s a huge possibility. 
    Next, see what support says. 
    And remember, your actual purchases are restorable. Not the things you bought with the stars, but the stars.
    I know how much we love our dolls, and it’s easy to think the worst, but surround yourself with positive thoughts, build up some good Karma, and if it applies, a quick heartfelt appeal to St.Anthony.  (Helps with lost items) google it if you want to know more. :)

Note TO ALL: make sure you have saved your ID in a safe place.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    jenm said:
    I'm praying one of those little files will fly by, I like you have tried airplane mode, switching networks, restarting the modem and resetting the wifi. I have downloaded some other games to test my wifi connection, I am able to play on these. I don't have enough space to play on my other Android phone 😭. Again thank you so.much for your response. 
    Can you hit up a family member for a loaner? Lol.   
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Okay so update, support came back with the same trouble shooting steps that I have been trying, only this time said I should have 5gb of free space. Also without the ID it didn't look like I was getting anywhere. So I cleared some more space on my tablet and restarted it for the 100th time, and loaded up the game, this time there was a loading bar and it went all the way to 100% and opened. Happy days. The first thing I did was take a screen shot of my ID. I still managed to complete sys and luckily was able to get my prizes. Thank you so much for all your help @kokokokonut