šŸ—³ļøšŸŖ KK:H 3/29/21 SYS Alien Invasion! (It's Outta This World!šŸš€)šŸ—³ļø

Comments

• haylee7haylee7 Registered Users, Member 483 Posts
    Sorry about the awful collages, but hereā€™s my looks 1-12! Was chosen to do well I guess, but I did absolutely horrible last sys. Iā€™m 4th in gold somehow!Ā 

• ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    KkhElena said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

hišŸž, i would just like to know why you felt the need to use a different skin tone, x

the way people continue to use POC hair and skin tone as an accessory is so sad. please, seek help.
    I am a POC myself...
    Seek help for what? Did you only play with barbie dolls of your skintone when you were growing up? Do you refuse to watch or play games that feature characters of other skintones than yours?

It's a game. Yall need to stop acting like a KIM k (lmao) digital avatar is a reflection of your reality. None of us have these items in our closets, none of us own that money properties or diamonds nor are we Kim K the appropriator's bffs in real life.Ā 
    the way you said this like it was directed towards you. it wasnā€™t. itā€™s directed towards everyone who uses POC hair and skin tones during themes like this, disco, and wild life kinds of theme is upsetting. it rubs many POC off the wrong way.

the question is, why is it so difficult for people to use their own skin tone? playing as a doll of another race is weird to me. itā€™s crazy that people use the ā€œitā€™s a gameā€ excuse as it strengthens your argument. we will never be free from the clutches of this excuse.
    Uhm, it definitely was. Using darker skin tones specifically for wild life themes is definitely eyebrow raising but the queens of Disco were Donna Summer, Diana Ross. Gorgeous poc women who not only created a trend so powerful but also influenced clothing trend that is wildly referenced even until today. To pay tribute to them by trying to dress up as them is an uplifting, celebratory move. That's how I see things, at least.

Because this doll is not us? It IS a game. You can try modelling your doll's physicality on yourself but to expect every one to play the game like you...I dont think thats right too. To also assume my skin tone basing on an old (very old) screenshot I have as my avi is also nonsensical.Ā 

That's not an excuse, it's a fact lol. Not many of us can relate to the majority of the things this game offers & its features. It is a form of escapism. Like most games. Like most toys. Do what you want with your game, with your digital avatar and let others play it the way they want to. Of course blatant racism should never be excused but to look for racism in places it doesnt exist does more harm than good.

If that's how you play, fair enough. But all of a sudden needing to change your skintone for specific SYS is straight up sus. Especially when they just so happen to be easily connected to stupid stereotypes (Btw. bringing the barbie dolls argument is really stupid bc in that case, the most I can do w a barbie doll is to make her bald)
    Idk who you're referring to when you're talking about changing skin tones for specific SYS bc I've barely posted my SYS submissions. But like I said, it can be eyebrow raising in certain circumstances.

You sure thats the most you can do with your barbie doll? Also don't quite get what you're trying to say with that. It's giving strawman.Ā 
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

hišŸž, i would just like to know why you felt the need to use a different skin tone, x

the way people continue to use POC hair and skin tone as an accessory is so sad. please, seek help.
    I am a POC myself...
    Seek help for what? Did you only play with barbie dolls of your skintone when you were growing up? Do you refuse to watch or play games that feature characters of other skintones than yours?

It's a game. Yall need to stop acting like a KIM k (lmao) digital avatar is a reflection of your reality. None of us have these items in our closets, none of us own that money properties or diamonds nor are we Kim K the appropriator's bffs in real life.Ā 
    the way you said this like it was directed towards you. it wasnā€™t. itā€™s directed towards everyone who uses POC hair and skin tones during themes like this, disco, and wild life kinds of theme is upsetting. it rubs many POC off the wrong way.

the question is, why is it so difficult for people to use their own skin tone? playing as a doll of another race is weird to me. itā€™s crazy that people use the ā€œitā€™s a gameā€ excuse as it strengthens your argument. we will never be free from the clutches of this excuse.
    Uhm, it definitely was. Using darker skin tones specifically for wild life themes is definitely eyebrow raising but the queens of Disco were Donna Summer, Diana Ross. Gorgeous poc women who not only created a trend so powerful but also influenced clothing trend that is wildly referenced even until today. To pay tribute to them by trying to dress up as them is an uplifting, celebratory move. That's how I see things, at least.

Because this doll is not us? It IS a game. You can try modelling your doll's physicality on yourself but to expect every one to play the game like you...I dont think thats right too. To also assume my skin tone basing on an old (very old) screenshot I have as my avi is also nonsensical.Ā 

That's not an excuse, it's a fact lol. Not many of us can relate to the majority of the things this game offers & its features. It is a form of escapism. Like most games. Like most toys. Do what you want with your game, with your digital avatar and let others play it the way they want to. Of course blatant racism should never be excused but to look for racism in places it doesnt exist does more harm than good.

This is the problem with performative, immature wokeness. They regurgitate stuff they've read elsewhere and are unable to respond to an argument that completely dismantle their faux wokeness
  • thatgalbiathatgalbia Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

I am a POC myself...

This is the problem with performative, immature wokeness. They regurgitate stuff they've read elsewhere and are unable to respond to an argument that completely dismantle their faux wokeness
    immature & faux wokeness? no because what do i look like reading all that coming from someone who says itā€™s just a game and asking me about the barbies i played with? your argument isnā€™t valid, just stop it right here!
  • KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    edited April 2021
    ARTPOP said:
    KkhElena said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

I am a POC myself...

If that's how you play, fair enough. But all of a sudden needing to change your skintone for specific SYS is straight up sus. Especially when they just so happen to be easily connected to stupid stereotypes (Btw. bringing the barbie dolls argument is really stupid bc in that case, the most I can do w a barbie doll is to make her bald)
    Idk who you're referring to when you're talking about changing skin tones for specific SYS bc I've barely posted my SYS submissions. But like I said, it can be eyebrow raising in certain circumstances.

You sure thats the most you can do with your barbie doll? Also don't quite get what you're trying to say with that. It's giving strawman.Ā 
    Since you want to go there w the barbie dolls. When it comes to drastically change their appearance the most you can do is either cut their hair completely, redraw their appearance (if u have enough patience to do that) or 'dismembering' them. That's it. The argument that a lot of people bring here about the barbie dolls is irrelevant bc at the end of the day I can't make my barbie doll from white to black or vice versa. Idk why you needed me to explain you that but I did it anyways. And for the first part I wasn't necessarily only talking about you but about others who felt the need to go from white black and using POC hairstyles in themes that can be easily connected to stupid stereotypes.
  • sariesarie Registered Users, Member 833 Posts
    edited April 2021

My scores have picked up but I'm not even top 10 so I've said goodbye to the prizes. More excited about the upcoming theme but this one is fun creativity-wise
    Edit: the last look shot me up to 3rd šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø why did i even speak...lmao i lost a ticket so ill fall again but why toy with my emotions like this
    23yošŸ¦™,Ā šŸ‡ØšŸ‡æ/šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§, Android
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

I am a POC myself...

you know you can dress up like them without changing ur skintone right...
    So you want us to whitewash these legends instead because that makes more senseĀ 
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

I am a POC myself...

immature & faux wokeness? no because what do i look like reading all that coming from someone who says itā€™s just a game and asking me about the barbies i played with? your argument isnā€™t valid, just stop it right here!
    Yes, exactly that. Immature, insincere, FAUX wokeness.Ā 
    If this isn't just a game then what is it? WHAT are we playing if this isn't just a KIM KARDASHIAN HOLLYWOOD mobile game.
    Ā I've never asked you if you have ever played with barbies you're BLATANTLY lying at this point. Not you telling me my argument isnt valid when you cant refute or counter one point without lying. Stop what? Putting an end to this bullshit y'all have been so freely spewing? That's not going to happen. You are free to stop replying though (which you should've done in the first place instead of trying to act sassy bc you got nothing else to contribute)Ā 
  • watermelonsugarhighwatermelonsugarhigh Registered Users, Member 1,383 Posts
    @ARTPOP nowhere did she say she wanted to whitewash them smh. stop putting words on other peoples mouths. you literally donā€™t have to change your skin tone to emulate them bc if youā€™re doing so itā€™s considered digital blackface. same logic applies in real lifeĀ 
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    current level: 62
    on and off kkh player since 2014
    daily player since october 2020
    add me on my socialsĀ https://www.facebook.com/gisele.kkh/
    instagram.com/gisele.kkhĀ 
  • AnnaKKH_AnnaKKH_ Registered Users, Member 186 Posts
    edited April 2021
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

I am a POC myself...

So you want us to whitewash these legends instead because that makes more senseĀ 
    Thereā€™s plenty of other ā€œlegendsā€ you can get inspiration from who arenā€™t black... Youā€™re acting like youā€™re given no other choice than to use digital blackface to fit a specific theme even though there are PLENTY of ways to fit that same theme using a white doll.Ā By saying that youā€™re literally just reinforcing their argument that youā€™re going out of your way to use digital blackface for no reason while perpetuating stereotypes surrounding black women.
    KkhElena said:
    ARTPOP said:
    KkhElena said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

I am a POC myself...

Since you want to go there w the barbie dolls. When it comes to drastically change their appearance the most you can do is either cut their hair completely, redraw their appearance (if u have enough patience to do that) or 'dismembering' them. That's it. The argument that a lot of people bring here about the barbie dolls is irrelevant bc at the end of the day I can't make my barbie doll from white to black or vice versa. Idk why you needed me to explain you that but I did it anyways. And for the first part I wasn't necessarily only talking about you but about others who felt the need to go from white black and using POC hairstyles in themes that can be easily connected to stupid stereotypes.
    Why would you need to do all that when they are a HUGE selection barbie/any dolls out there you can play with? This isn't the 1950s where dolls only come in caucasian....

What is the point you're even trying to make because the reason I compared the game to toys is to show how this game, these dolls are akin to the barbie dolls there are in the real world. Of various skintones and features (not body types because that'd be impossible for glu to implement at this point).Ā 

The epitome of looking for racism where there isnt any + saying stuff just to say stuff
    @ARTPOP nowhere did she say she wanted to whitewash them smh. stop putting words on other peoples mouths. you literally donā€™t have to change your skin tone to emulate them bc if youā€™re doing so itā€™s considered digital blackface. same logic applies in real lifeĀ 
    That's literally what they implied. That's literally what you're implying too.Ā 
    How is using a melanated doll considered as putting on a blackface? Jesus christ. AGAIN, YOU ARE NOT A KIM KARDASHIAN AVATAR IN REAL LIFE. YOU are not your doll. A doll is a doll. It is a game. It is not real life.
    @ARTPOP itā€™s the f******* principle! thereā€™s no good reason for you to darken your skin tone to the point where you appear to be a different race for an sys. theyā€™re not just accessories for you to put on and take off because no one can just do that irl. also the fact that youā€™re doing all that just to troll is just sad, obnoxious, and embarrassing for you.Ā 
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    AnnaKKH_ said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

I am a POC myself...

Thereā€™s plenty of other ā€œlegendsā€ you can get inspiration from who arenā€™t black... Youā€™re acting like youā€™re given no other choice than to use digital blackface to fit a specific theme even though there are PLENTY of ways to fit that same theme using a white doll.Ā By saying that youā€™re literally just reinforcing their argument that youā€™re going out of your way to use digital blackface for no reason while perpetuating stereotypes surrounding black women.
    So you'd rather us to disregard the pioneers and the QUEENS of disco and go with other lesser known white artists and idols who mostly likely jumped on the bandwagon and trend these queens set with their music and clothing instead of actually paying tribute to the pioneers? NOW THAT is problematic.

I've never said any of that. i've repeatedly condemned users who use certain skintones for certain specific themes in all of my posts.Ā 

Using a melanated doll =/= digital blackface. This argument yall are throwing around only exist because you want everyone to play this game the way you do because you for some reason think you're in the digital world of Kim Kardashian Hollywood when that will never be the reality. You're dont run around Hollywood with Kim Kardashian after she gets out of her tanning salon looking 10 shades darker than she is.

And which stereotypes would that be? Were black artists, black women not the pioneers of Disco? How is that a stereotype when it is an irrefutable fact?
    @ARTPOP The reason why itā€™s digital blackface is because youā€™re purposely changing the color of your dollsā€™s skin and using black hairstyles whenever itā€™s convenient for you, whether itā€™s to fit a certain theme or if itā€™s to be ā€œtrendyā€, etc. The problem with this is that this is coming from a place of white privilege, because while black girls are bullied all the time for their culture and appearances, youā€™re out here exploiting their culture and using it on what would normally be a white doll just because you think itā€™s trendy or cool. Black women donā€™t have the privilege of getting the same appreciation and praise for their own culture that white women do just because theyā€™re black. Theyā€™re not chameleons and they canā€™t just change their skin colors or magically have naturally straight hair to avoid the pain and harassment they constantly face.
    @ARTPOP itā€™s the f******* principle! thereā€™s no good reason for you to darken your skin tone to the point where you appear to be a different race for an sys. theyā€™re not just accessories for you to put on and take off because no one can just do that irl. also the fact that youā€™re doing all that just to troll is just sad, obnoxious, and embarrassing for you.Ā 
    You =/= A doll in Kim Kardashian's digital world. I'm sorry if that's what you thought you were all this while but you're not. Neither am I or anyone else who plays this game. Dressing up different dolls =/= darkening my skin tone to appear to be a different race. I'm adult enough to realize to disassociate myself with a KIM K Hollywood avatar. I hope you come to that realization soon too.

What principles are you talking about lmao? This is a GAME darling. A game where the biggest modern-day cultural appropriator made millions from.Ā 

You calling anyone a troll, obnoxious or embarrassing when you're the one having issues disassociating yourself with a game character...
  • buffysummers0990buffysummers0990 Registered Users, Member 540 Posts
    Some of these turned out kinda cute, if I do say so myselfšŸ’šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø I wish my scores wouldnā€™t have taken such a dive thošŸ˜©

AnnaKKH_ said:
    @ARTPOP The reason why itā€™s digital blackface is because youā€™re purposely changing the color of your dollsā€™s skin and using black hairstyles whenever itā€™s convenient for you, whether itā€™s to fit a certain theme or if itā€™s to be ā€œtrendyā€, etc. The problem with this is that this is coming from a place of white privilege, because while black girls are bullied all the time for their culture and appearances, youā€™re out here exploiting their culture and using it on what would normally be a white doll just because you think itā€™s trendy or cool. Black women donā€™t have the privilege of getting the same appreciation and praise for their own culture that white women do just because theyā€™re black. Theyā€™re not chameleons and they canā€™t just change their skin colors or magically have naturally straight hair to avoid the pain and harassment they constantly face.
    My doll's skin? My doll wasn't born white. She wasn't born at all. She popped into the game after she was designed and published by the KKH team.Ā 

Also how do you know I purposely change my dolls skintone while using black hairstyles to fit a theme? Have you seen my gameplay? Because I've never published my gameplay anywhere nor do I go around publishing my SYS looks online. Where all these assumptions coming from then? My avatar which have had for YEARS? When we can only fit one picture as our profile picture and I cannot be bothered to update mine because I dont use this forum the way some people obsessively do?

Which part of you =/= a game character are you having issues grasping?Ā  Which part of this being a game, a dress-up game are you failing to comprehend?Ā 
    How am I exploiting black culture by dressing up a melanated doll to the best of my capabilities? When I'm neither white nor do I in any way associate myself with a digital avatar created by Kim Kardashian Hollywood? There's nothing to be gained by dressing up melanated dolls because it has zero implications of significance outside of this game. In fact as we've seen, darker toned dolls usually get scores that are much worse than fair skinned dolls. How is dressing up a melanated doll to the nines not a display of appreciation and love for how gorgeous they look?

It feels like you're regurgitating arguments from previous quarrels that do not apply to me because I have not done any of that..
    ARTPOP said:
    You =/= A doll in Kim Kardashian's digital world. I'm sorry if that's what you thought you were all this while but you're not. Neither am I or anyone else who plays this game. Dressing up different dolls =/= darkening my skin tone to appear to be a different race. I'm adult enough to realize to disassociate myself with a KIM K Hollywood avatar. I hope you come to that realization soon too.

What principles are you talking about lmao? This is a GAME darling. A game where the biggest modern-day cultural appropriator made millions from.Ā 

You calling anyone a troll, obnoxious or embarrassing when you're the one having issues disassociating yourself with a game character...
    I just think itā€™s funny how you claim to be honoring black people by using their culture on your doll but the second that you receive criticism from the ACTUAL BLACK DOLLS ON THIS FORUM you turn around and blatantly dishonor them by doing the very thing that they say is hurtful and insensitive, all because iTā€™s JuSt A gAmE aNd IsNt ReAl LiFe. Like you KNOW that the black dolls on here consider it to be disrespectful but you still do it anyway just because you can. THAT is white privilege.
    @ARTPOP lmao i can disassociate myself just fine. itā€™s you who is refusing to get it and just wanna troll. donā€™t even try to use that bs excuse ā€œitā€™s just a gameā€ bc the issue of digital blackface and cultural appropriation go past that. thereā€™s also a lot of us who criticize the kardashians/jenners appropriating but we can still enjoy the gameĀ 
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
  • AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,168 Posts
    @Boocketa omg thanks for the idea with the cucumber mask! Just got a 56 and 58 copying your look!
    iOS
    AnnaKKH_ said:
    ARTPOP said:

I just think itā€™s funny how you claim to be honoring black people by using their culture on your doll but the second that you receive criticism from the ACTUAL BLACK DOLLS ON THIS FORUM you turn around and blatantly dishonor them by doing the very thing that they say is hurtful and insensitive, all because iTā€™s JuSt A gAmE aNd IsNt ReAl LiFe. Like you KNOW that the black dolls on here consider it to be disrespectful but you still do it anyway just because you can. THAT is white privilege.
    Criticism is only to be listened to if its valid. How am I dishonoring black dolls by dressing up a melanated doll to the best of my capabilities? How does that in any way cause harm or dishonor? Because at this point it sounds more like envy and dictatorship than actually fighting for racial inequality and injustice.Ā 

IT IS a game, it will NEVER be a real life. If you're likening your doll to your real life then you wouldn't be playing this game at all because why would you be best friends with Kim Kardashian who as a causian is ACTUALLY cosplaying black women.Ā 

If you're finding it disrespectful to see a melanated doll dressed to the nines than that's completely on you. You gotta figure than out and ask yourself that question. Can't be white privilege because neither am I white nor can my inanimate dolls of all skin tonecreated my Kim Kardashian reap any benefits from playing dress up.
    @ARTPOP lmao i can disassociate myself just fine. itā€™s you who is refusing to get it and just wanna troll. donā€™t even try to use that bs excuse ā€œitā€™s just a gameā€ bc the issue of digital blackface and cultural appropriation go past that. thereā€™s also a lot of us who criticize the kardashians/jenners appropriating but we can still enjoy the gameĀ 
    I really doubt so if your posts are anything to by. I hope you do though, for your own sake.
    There's nothing to get. There's nothing to troll about.Ā 
    That's not an excuse that is an irrefutable fact. They do go past a game if there is an issue to begin with.Ā 
    Trivializing sensitive issues such as racial injustice is just as damning as actual racism is.Ā 

So you're fine with white women who are the only ones gaining monetarily from all of this even when they ARE shameless and proudly exploiting cultures to date because you have said two sentences about them and then moved on to completing your weekend event because you have a game to enjoy? But you have issues seeing a melanated doll dressed up because u think an inanimate doll represents who the player is because ther...

If this isn't a display of performative wokeness and dictatorship than idk what is.Ā 
    @ARTPOP again with implying all this false s*** and saying stuff like ā€œperformative wokenessā€ and ā€œdictatorshipā€ šŸ˜‚ how hard is it to be respectful to the black dolls who say that itā€™s offensive to drastically darken your skin tones and to use hairstyles that arenā€™t meant for you? girl, get some helpĀ 
    UNBAN CHAR
    iOS player
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

I am a POC myself...

If this isn't just a game then what is it? WHAT are we playing if this isn't just a KIM KARDASHIAN HOLLYWOOD mobile game.
    Ā I've never asked you if you have ever played with barbies you're BLATANTLY lying at this point. Not you telling me my argument isnt valid when you cant refute or counter one point without lying. Stop what? Putting an end to this bullshit y'all have been so freely spewing? That's not going to happen. You are free to stop replying though (which you should've done in the first place instead of trying to act sassy bc you got nothing else to contribute)Ā 
    iā€™m many things but a liar iā€™ll never be ā˜šŸ½! you asked about the barbie dolls, did you not? what does a damn barbie have to do with kkh? you can honor black icons without changing the color of your skin. you donā€™t whitewash them. would you say the same if someone dressed up as a black person and changed their skin tone, in order to ā€œhonorā€ & prevent them from whitewashing? itā€™s really unfortunate that a POC canā€™t even see why this is offensive to other POCs! how sad. log out x
    @ARTPOP again with implying all this false s*** and saying stuff like ā€œperformative wokenessā€ and ā€œdictatorshipā€ šŸ˜‚ how hard is it to be respectful to the black dolls who say that itā€™s offensive to drastically darken your skin tones and to use hairstyles that arenā€™t meant for you? girl, get some helpĀ 
    Once again, if you dont have any arguments left, dont bother clicking on that quote button...
    That's exactly what it is. Dictating others and putting on a performative social justice front just so you can say stuff to say stuff. No substance in your arguments whatsoever.

How have I drastically darken my skin tone? :D Why do you keep going in circles? Why are you having such a hard time comprehending the simple fact that i am neither white nor am I my doll and the simple fact that my doll is an inanimate digital avatar?

You'd be better off giving that advice to yourself because thinking you're a doll in a Kim Kardashian Hollywood digital world is very...concerning to say the least.
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

I am a POC myself...

iā€™m many things but a liar iā€™ll never be ā˜šŸ½! you asked about the barbie dolls, did you not? what does a damn barbie have to do with kkh? you can honor black icons without changing the color of your skin. you donā€™t whitewash them. would you say the same if someone dressed up as a black person and changed their skin tone, in order to ā€œhonorā€ & prevent them from whitewashing? itā€™s really unfortunate that a POC canā€™t even see why this is offensive to other POCs! how sad. log out x
    But you literally just lied...??? šŸ˜…
    I have explained to correlation plenty times in this page and Im pretty sure you've read all the posts seeing as you had the time to react to them.Ā 

You ARE whitewashing black icons if you're trying to emulate them during their golden era if you're slapping on a white skin on them.Ā 

A white person IN REAL LIFE changing their skintone (the way Kim Kardashians been doing) to honor black people IS what putting on a blackface is. Fortunately these dolls are not living beings. There are inanimate avatars that cannot participate in the complexities of our social environment. They weren't "BORN" any color. You get the right to dress them up however you want to. You can attempt to replicate yourself if thats what you wish to do but its important to keep in mind that you're not them and they are not you.

Because people love finding racism where it doesn't exist and that's just as harmful as actual racism is. Drop the dictatorship x
  • JulietaluciaJulietalucia Registered Users, Member 380 Posts
    Bye

ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    ARTPOP said:
    kkhcarla said:
    ARTPOP said:

I am a POC myself...

But you literally just lied...??? šŸ˜…
    I have explained to correlation plenty times in this page and Im pretty sure you've read all the posts seeing as you had the time to react to them.Ā 

You ARE whitewashing black icons if you're trying to emulate them during their golden era if you're slapping on a white skin on them.Ā 

A white person IN REAL LIFE changing their skintone (the way Kim Kardashians been doing) to honor black people IS what putting on a blackface is. Fortunately these dolls are not living beings. There are inanimate avatars that cannot participate in the complexities of our social environment. They weren't "BORN" any color. You get the right to dress them up however you want to. You can attempt to replicate yourself if thats what you wish to do but its important to keep in mind that you're not them and they are not you.

Because people love finding racism where it doesn't exist and that's just as harmful as actual racism is. Drop the dictatorship x
    dictatorship?Ā