Options

No new tasks AT ALL?

mochihochimochihochi Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
I've got 2 pending tasks left (Bordeaux N Beats and Marzio shoot) so I went to Simon's office for new tasks but there's no yellow speech mark next to him to offer any new jobs, any reason for this? It's been like that for a few hours now and the 2 pending tasks will be available in 24 hours-ish.
Prev1

Answers

• Options
    FoxieLolaFoxieLola Registered Users, Member 652 Posts
    Have you tried going to see Maria? Sometimes she has some tasks to unlock 🤔
  • Options
    And welcome to the forum hope we can help you 😘
  • Options
    FoxieLola said:
    Have you tried going to see Maria? Sometimes she has some tasks to unlock 🤔
    Nope, nothing new from Maria either. I just purchased the Brooklyn hair salon in hopes there'll be new tasks at least but nothing changed. There's no new updates for the game either so I'm very confused 😕
  • Options
    Hopefully when you do your 2 pending tasks they will unlock a few more, then more from there and so on. you might just be super efficient at keeping your task list down haha 
  • Options
    RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    @mochihochi if you buy the art gallery you will get a few more quests! Just FYI. You might have reached the end of your gigs, or maybe it will come back with the next update 
  • Options
    Rikk said:
    @mochihochi if you buy the art gallery you will get a few more quests! Just FYI. You might have reached the end of your gigs, or maybe it will come back with the next update 
    ooh i might just try that then. can i ask where the art gallery is and when the next update might be? still nothing from simon 😔
  • Options
    FaeFae Registered Users, Member 896 Posts
    What level are you? I think at some point tasks just really really slow down sadly. 

I’m level 33 and only ever have one task at a time, usually with a 24 hour wait til the next one. 😔
  • Options

Fae said:
    What level are you? I think at some point tasks just really really slow down sadly. 

I’m level 33 and only ever have one task at a time, usually with a 24 hour wait til the next one. 😔

I'm only at level 26 so I'm pretty sure there's a lot of things currently unlocked that I should be getting quests for. Just contacted Glu support just in case they can help! Thank you though! 
  • Options
    strbst9432strbst9432 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    im level 42 and same thing just happened to me - ive seen a couple others post this same thing making me wonder if its a glitch
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I read that you should get to the top 100 and more things become available.  
    A good way to increase fans, do parties.  When a business is offered try to purchase it.  It will give you more to do.
    At some point Simon will start calling offering a choice of side gigs hourly. 

So keep playing, work toward reaching 100 on the top list. If I hear of any other tips I will share them.  Good luck!
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RikkRikk Registered Users 3,870 Posts
    Rikk said:
    ooh i might just try that then. can i ask where the art gallery is and when the next update might be? still nothing from simon 😔
    @mochihochi it’s in Venice! Good luck 👍🏼 
  • Options
    KaylaRodriguez22KaylaRodriguez22 Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    quietoffi said:
    I'm level 25 and often only have a new task every 24 hours. Meanwhile, nearly everything is still locked (Chevier Toronto, hair salon, ski resort). I've reached out to CS on multiple issues, but always get the same prepared standard response, so I assume they don't actually look at my game. 
    I'm having the same problem.. I only have two tasks ( one will start in 6h and the other is to reach top 50) and then nothing. What should I do? When I go to Simons office he doesn't have any gigs and also Maria.

• Options
    A good way to increase fans, do parties.  When a business is offered try to purchase it.  It will give you more to do.

So keep playing, work toward reaching 100 on the top list. If I hear of any other tips I will share them.  Good luck!
    I've reached the top 100 but I didn't succeed having more tasks and they are no longer offering me more business 
  • Options
    Aleja28Aleja28 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    edited October 2021
    I struggled with this for a while. They tell you “reach top 100” “reach top 50” “and it’ll unlock a lot of features” well… not true. The only thing that worked for me was reaching #1 
  • Options
    Aleja28 said:
    I struggled with this for a while. They tell you “reach top 100” “reach top 50” “and it’ll unlock a lot of features” well… not true. The only thing that worked for me was reaching #1 
    And doing the comeback story. It hasn’t unlocked any new places yet but I’m getting waaaaay more tasks
  • Options
    Aleja28 said:
    Thanks.. I'm going to try to reach 1
    But to do it.. You need tasks at all, throwing parties all the time is disgusting sometimes 
  • Options
    Aleja28 said:
    But to do it.. You need tasks at all, throwing parties all the time is disgusting sometimes 
    It is awful and boring!! But honestly, that’s how I did it, with parties and parties 
  • Options
    Aleja28 said:
    Aleja28 said:
    It is awful and boring!! But honestly, that’s how I did it, with parties and parties 
    Yes it is.. But it helped me to reach the 1
    But the new gig will start in 24h
  • Options
    KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    Is this ever gonna be fixed or is this just another one of those bugs/glitches that Glu will force us to forget??!
  • Options
    quietoffi said:
    It is what it is for new players. I'm on a comeback quest and aside from a couple more quests immediately after the Comeback, I'm back to one quest per 24 hours. It sucks. On the other hand, I have no problem completing all events and tending to my one business, LOL. I don't know why they made the game so boring for new players, I would think they would want us to play more and buy more energy packs? 
    And maybe pay for more kstars so we can start the events fast.. That's soooo annoying

• Options
    KkhElena said:
    Is this ever gonna be fixed or is this just another one of those bugs/glitches that Glu will force us to forget??!
    I hope they can fix this. When I reach out to the support they said "Finish your task first and then You'll have another one" but this is not the problem. The problem is to wait so long to get a new gig and they give us only one, so what do we do while we are waiting for that one gig? Dates, tv shows, parties ( boring and frustrating) 
  • Options

KkhElena said:

I am told they are looking to it, and I'll keep checking about it. It's def being investigated.  Fingers crossed I ts fixed soon.  
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options

I've reached the 1 and nothing changed
    I did the comeback and also nothing.. Please fix this 

• Options
    jasminnlgjasminnlg Registered Users, Member 326 Posts
    I haven’t had a new gig in almost 3 months. I’ve contacted Glu support multiple times and they can’t give me answer as to why. I’m at Number one and done a comeback quest once. Please help me :( 
  • Options
    GenevieveGNGenevieveGN Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I'm having the same problem
  • Options
    ayeitsyuksayeitsyuks Registered Users, Member 68 Posts
    i contacted glu and they told me to wait till the next update 😪
  • Options
    jasminnlgjasminnlg Registered Users, Member 326 Posts
    i contacted glu and they told me to wait till the next update 😪
    They ALWAYS tell me that! & when there is a new update I still don’t get anything. It’s ridiculous it’s almost making me lose interest in playing the game at this point.
  • Options
    KkhElenaKkhElena Registered Users, Member 768 Posts
    This is completely ridiculous. I'm assuming this glitch has been going on for about 6 months minimum (probably more since I do remember it starting between February and March) and all we're getting from Glu support is a wait till the next update? As if the next update isn't gonna add more glitches and bugs that will never be fixed
  • Options
    I know the Team has been looking into this.  We've given examples of when it happens to some, turned in all the complaints, and if they are saying wait for the update, maybe they will have a fix for it then. So long as the game has been in existence, every game changing glitch has been corrected.   Have faith that this is being checked. Whatever the block is, they will eliminate it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    liluenliluen Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    edited October 2021
    I mean come on, they just don't bother with new tasks anymore. They just gave up on that just like they don't give us new clothes, new businesses or new locations anymore. They just cut all that down to squeeze the highest available amount of money out of us in the time the game has left.