Options

Started a new fanfic - Living in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood

CeresStarUpCeresStarUp Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
Hello, fabulous!

Writing fanfic for this game, and have just completed the introductory chapter.
Wanted to test the waters, to see if this is worth the effort.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14288474/1/Living-in-Kim-Kardashian-Hollywood

Chapter One: Chance Encounter

"Where's that new girl? There you are! Listen, I'm late for an appointment to look at an apartment in Beverly Hills, so I need you to lock up when you leave."

Alex Lawson, Shop Manager of a small-time boutique in Downtown LA. He's rude, acts like he owns the place, and doesn't care about fashion. However the job pays well, and Ceres desperately needs money for rental. Her other option will be to work at Starbucks, which is further from her current apartment.

"Okay."

"Good. Before I leave though, I want you to straighten the shirt on the mannequin. It's a little too crooked for my liking."

"Okay..."

Satisfied with the answer he's getting, Alex removes himself from the scene, leaving Ceres to straighten yet another shirt to satisfy his OCD.

"Finally!" no longer able to control her inner thoughts, Ceres burst out loud.
She did well smiling and keeping her mouth shut for the shift. She didn't even raise an eyebrow when she saw a kid place his sugar-dusted hands onto a white halter top that was on sale.

Without waiting for the official closing time, she finished folding the pile of clothes the customers messed up and locked the register.

Fresh air punches Ceres in her face as she steps out of the boutique. She was never an outdoor kind of girl and certainly has no intention of changing that soon.
Unsure if it was a sudden spike in oxygen, the constant financial stress, or the 8 cups of instant coffee she had, in front of the store, stood what seemed like Hello Kitty?

"Hi! Is this your store? Are you open? I could really use your help."

'It spoke! I'm officially mental! Will I get locked up in an institute? Does that mean I will no longer need to pay my bills?'

Ceres stared at Hello Kitty once more and decided to go along with her hallucination. Life has been boring and harsh, let's see where this goes.

"Still open..."

"Thank you. You're the best! I'm having a little fashion emergency. The back of my top is ripped, and I'm on my way to a tea party with Daniel. THE best boyfriend in the world! I don't want him to see me like THIS, but I don't know of any boutiques around here. I'm Kitty White, by the way."

Something wasn't right. The way this encounter played out seemed oddly familiar to Ceres.

[Player #562355 detected.
Initializing pairing sequence...
Pairing complete.
Initializing synchronization...
Synchronization complete.
Logging in to Stardom Network...]

[Welcome to Stardom Network! I'm your assigned navigator, and will be guiding you to make the correct decisions and rise to Stardom!
To start things off, please say 'Status' to view your current details. Once you're done, just say 'Close Status'. You'll be rewarded 100 Kash and 1 K-Star for completing this action.]

'Okay... So far so weird.'

"Status"

In front of Ceres, a pop-up window showed.

Player ID: #562355
Player Name: Ceres Kirk
Species: Human
Originating: Earth

Kash: 0
K-Stars: 0
Abilities: None

'Wow! That is so cool! I must have read too many mangas! What a way to go bonkers. At least I'll be entertained when they lock me up.'

Unable to control her hand, Ceres tapped on the customize button and changed her age to 21. Can't blame a girl for wanting to be young, even a crazy one.

"Close Status"

[Task complete! Your reward has been credited. You can retrieve them via 'Inventory'.
You will be transported to Kim Kardashian: Hollywood shortly. Please remain calm.
If you require support, the voice command is 'System'.]

[Transporting 5...
1]