Options

In case you didn't know... VDAY

Breen819Breen819 Registered Users 466 Posts
Sooo I have spent alot of money dating and just got the shoes. I see its 150 for the necklace, no idea for the dress but that's ALOT of dating... money/energy... soo in the meantime I decided to throw a 3 hr party at Calabasas. Invited my 7 ALL dog/purse wearing friends... quite funny looking actually, my hubs even got a kick out of it. BUT ANYWAYS... besides the money/exp points/fans I'm gaining for the party, EACH guest also put out 2 cupcakes totaling 14. I went on an 8hr date and only got 20 +6 bonus. Sooo just letting you gguys know in case you need a break from your husbands. Much love. Happy Valentines Day!
ADD me on Google + to your circles!!! ♡ abrina schaaf ♡

Just don't steal my spotlight... my wrath is worse than Willow Pape...
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    Breen819 wrote: »
    . . . Sooo just letting you guys know in case you need a break from your husbands. Much love. Happy Valentines Day!
    Real or virtual? :)
  • Options
    RubyD wrote: »
    Real or virtual? :)

Ha BOTH quite frankly.

• Options
    reubennreubenn Registered Users 41 Posts
    Great find! A 3hr party a Calabasas takes around 34 energy while a four hour date takes around 40-50 energy to only get 16 cupcakes if you have move g'day item. This is definitely a good alternative.
  • Options
    reubenn wrote: »
    Great find! A 3hr party a Calabasas takes around 34 energy while a four hour date takes around 40-50 energy to only get 16 cupcakes if you have move g'day item. This is definitely a good alternative.

I thought so after I had already spent $5,000 and was only just getting to the shoes. I'm gaining major fans to help with ny comeback too. Each 3 hr party gives about $350 (including tapping all "small talks") it's definitely an alternative way for those who can't afford all the virtual cash. It helps.

• Options
    Oh, btw if the necklace is 150 event points, how much is the dress?

• Options
    WishWish Registered Users 577 Posts
    Great tip honey... Thanks!!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Sooo I have spent alot of money dating and just got the shoes. I see its 150 for the necklace, no idea for the dress but that's ALOT of dating... money/energy... soo in the meantime I decided to throw a 3 hr party at Calabasas. Invited my 7 ALL dog/purse wearing friends... quite funny looking actually, my hubs even got a kick out of it. BUT ANYWAYS... besides the money/exp points/fans I'm gaining for the party, EACH guest also put out 2 cupcakes totaling 14. I went on an 8hr date and only got 20 +6 bonus. Sooo just letting you gguys know in case you need a break from your husbands. Much love. Happy Valentines Day!

Ok, went to Calabasas did the 3 hour party, 6 dog wearing pals and my Bu, and I got 7. I haven't gotten any specal Valentines boxes with gifts, just got gags that weren't Valentines Bonus items. Do you have any of the Bonus items on? I'm not doing this for 7 or 8 cupcakes. Hate to sound like Debby Downer, but it's so frustrating to plod along I think I'm done trying.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, went to Calabasas did the 3 hour party, 6 dog wearing pals and my Bu, and I got 7. I haven't gotten any specal Valentines boxes with gifts, just got gags that weren't Valentines Bonus items. Do you have any of the Bonus items on? I'm not doing this for 7 or 8 cupcakes. Hate to sound like Debby Downer, but it's so frustrating to plod along I think I'm done trying.

I'm a lil frustrated too... I'm only wearing the dog purse. I got black heart stockings in my box but I don't have them on, nor the shoes or tiara. I thought we'd be getting more event points for the dates than we are. I'm a little discouraged. My 8 hr date only gave me 20 +6 bonus and I used all my energy and spent thousands of dollars. And the 2 hour date I think gave me 7 event points? Don't quote me on that. I got two cupcakes for each "small talk", and then all the other party benefits. Honestly, in my opinion, throwing 3 hr parties for 14 event points is much more beneficial to me in every aspect then draining my bank. The parties will also have me up the list in no time and I'm increasing my virtual bank. Just a thought...

• Options
    I'm not sure why you got only 7. I'm thinking maybe I got the extra one because I got the stockings which are one of the 6 items to collect in the VDAY box. I'm not opening another one for 40 Stars but I'm wondering if well get to open another VDAY box tomorrow, and Sunday too... besides our daily gift boxes...

• Options
    youngandmatureyoungandmature Registered Users 21 Posts
    Great tip, thank you! I will definitely be hosting parties instead :)
    :cool: GC: kismethappens
  • Options
    Cordelia89Cordelia89 Registered Users 86 Posts
    I'm getting tired of my husband... On the plus side, I am now on number ten on the couples list! ^_^

I've been meaning to ask this: if I get to number 1 on the list, does anything happen or do we just get stars?
    Add me on GC: mirabella891025! Would love to play with all you lovelies! ^_^
  • Options
    Cordelia89 wrote: »

I've been meaning to ask this: if I get to number 1 on the list, does anything happen or do we just get stars?

You'll get 2 K-Stars :)
  • Options
    LeyshlaGiselLeyshlaGisel Registered Users 1,328 Posts
    Bleh! Still got a long way to go with my husband. I was really hoping Cassio sprung out and said 'I want you.' Sweep me away!
    :cool: :cool:
    "Norman Reedus once called me Sweetheart." :o
  • Options
    I'm a lil frustrated too... I'm only wearing the dog purse. I got black heart stockings in my box but I don't have them on, nor the shoes or tiara. I thought we'd be getting more event points for the dates than we are. I'm a little discouraged. My 8 hr date only gave me 20 +6 bonus and I used all my energy and spent thousands of dollars. And the 2 hour date I think gave me 7 event points?

Just finished an 8hr date wearing my new Valentines stockings, puppy purse & dollarstore tiara... also earned 26 cupcakes (20 + 6 bonus)... so wearing the stuff obvi doesn't matter at all... it's just about whether you own it in your closet.

Gonna try a party... after my 150 dates last weekend, I'm dated out + we're maxed at 6000.

Why spend thousands on dates.... when you can date for free?
  • Options
    Bleh! Still got a long way to go with my husband. I was really hoping Cassio sprung out and said 'I want you.' Sweep me away!

Yeah I don't seem to move up the couple's list quickly. With the newer update, I'm starting to move. Finally at 57. Was at 100 for 2 months straight before so I totally stopped dating until the new update rolled out.

• Options

There is a guy in my game who looks just like Cassio... you'd need to buy him new clothes tho :/
  • Options
    CammiMarieCammiMarie Registered Users 4 Posts
    Yeah I don't seem to move up the couple's list quickly. With the newer update, I'm starting to move. Finally at 57. Was at 100 for 2 months straight before so I totally stopped dating until the new update rolled out.

I was having problems moving up on the lost too. I was 50 for awhile and finally I started moving. I'm at 44 now and despite going on all the V-day dates with my husband I don't seem to be moving up any faster
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts

ALSO, if you wear all of the vday stuff at the same time, you'll get bonus cupcakes. So wearing a pretty mismatched outfit, I was able to get 8 + 15 cupcake bonus for a 2 hour date. Not bad.
  • Options
    GluAdminGluAdmin Administrator 2,464 Posts
    gluadmin wrote: »
    ALSO, if you wear all of the vday stuff at the same time, you'll get bonus cupcakes. So wearing a pretty mismatched outfit, I was able to get 8 + 15 cupcake bonus for a 2 hour date. Not bad.

Although, now reading above it seems that maybe you don't have to wear them all just own them. Hehe. I look pretty ridiculous.
  • Options
    gluadmin wrote: »
    Although, now reading above it seems that maybe you don't have to wear them all just own them. Hehe. I look pretty ridiculous.

lol i looked insane... i tested it out, you don't have to be wearing the stuff.
  • Options
    Wish wrote: »
    There is a guy in my game who looks just like Cassio... you'd need to buy him new clothes tho :/

There'll never be another Cassio! :o
  • Options

I just reached #60. Yeah, I had mentioned that to someone who was having problems with couples rank. An update fixed mines up.
  • Options
    SassiSassi Registered Users 549 Posts
    Mine is fixed as well since I restarted. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Anyway I have nothing to do all weekend except play as my hubby is away :(
    GC: Sassi*88

Instagram: @sassifarouk
  • Options
    Has anyone ever reached the top of the couples rank? I did once but to stay atop the list required frequent dates which is difficult when you have loads of quests to complete. I ended up neglecting dates to only one per 2-3 days and got as low as #33. I'm currently trying to get back on top with this V-day update (currently a #15). Would it be awesome if they introduce a Couples Comeback? it could involve a heated argument, or perhaps getting back on the dating scene with a totally new significant other.. haha
  • Options
    Has anyone ever reached the top of the couples rank? I did once but to stay atop the list required frequent dates which is difficult when you have loads of quests to complete. I ended up neglecting dates to only one per 2-3 days and got as low as #33. I'm currently trying to get back on top with this V-day update (currently a #15). Would it be awesome if they introduce a Couples Comeback? it could involve a heated argument, or perhaps getting back on the dating scene with a totally new significant other.. haha

That is a perfect idea. Lol there is a comeback thread you can suggest it at or the suggestion thread. I've reached it before but it's been a while since I was up there.
  • Options
    youngandmatureyoungandmature Registered Users 21 Posts

Strange. I have hosted the 3 hour party in Calabasas, inviting 7 people and only get 1 cupcake from each guest. Do you have the whole Valentines outfit (6 pieces) or something so its giving you a bonus? Or should I be wearing something specific?
    :cool: GC: kismethappens
  • Options
    That is a perfect idea. Lol there is a comeback thread you can suggest it at or the suggestion thread. I've reached it before but it's been a while since I was up there.

You know, I might give Glu my suggestion. I can imagine Crystal Fletcher and Chad Dylan Cooper's evil laughter...honestly they've been M.I.A for a while.
  • Options
    You know, I might give Glu my suggestion. I can imagine Crystal Fletcher and Chad Dylan Cooper's evil laughter...honestly they've been M.I.A for a while.

Right? As well as Willow. Before you would hear her or see her everywhere! Though she was last seen on the Anti-Fur campaign. Feels like it's been forever.
  • Options
    Right? As well as Willow. Before you would hear her or see her everywhere! Though she was last seen on the Anti-Fur campaign. Feels like it's been forever.

Willow? Ha! She's doing you a favour by not showing her face around town ;) Tbh, I wish my rival was banned from social media so that I don't have to read their obnoxious updates all of the time
  • Options
    Willow? Ha! She's doing you a favour by not showing her face around town ;) Tbh, I wish my rival was banned from social media so that I don't have to read their obnoxious updates all of the time

I feel your pain. I always kill her with kindness. I invited her to my Thanksgiving gathering!