Options

Repetative Gigs Glitch - being addressed

FaithRoseFaithRose Registered Users 22 Posts
I recently completed an appearance at the Florence club. It was one of the ones for Simons weird friend, called "The in crowd" or something like that. Though I finished it, it hasn't gone away from my list of goals on the left side of my screen. It's not a major problem, I'm just wondering if there's a way to make it go away?

(I'm playing on my iPhone 6 with the latest version of iOS and I'm on level 30)
Add me on Game Center! Alkatneu
Prev13

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Ok, I just got one of these too. On the left, it has the tab with that task. Does it have both the wait for Simons call and the complete task buttons filled in? I'll take a screenschot of mine tomorrow if it's still there. I was in the middle of my gig that's still there when the update happened. I thought maybe that's why mine stayed there.

If you can post any more details, maybe we can find an answer in the morning. Sometimes, when this has happened in the past, the next morning it was gone. But, you're not alone.

iOS (latest version 8 something?) / iPad 4th Generation / Level 31

In the middle of the talk show for Simons friend, I took a break. I came back and game updated. I finished the task, it shows as completed, but the tab is still showing it's due, and the goal box from the bottom right shows it open as well.

ETA: Glu is working on this as we speak, and encourage us to just go about our gameplay, ignoring the gig, no need to keep doing it, and it will be fixed with the next update. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yes it has both boxes filled in but it's still there. I also think the update happened while I was doing the gig, so maybe that's it. Good to know its not just me lol
  • Options
    MadelineMadeline Registered Users 9 Posts
    This happened to me too! I finished the talk show appearance for Simon's friends app, and both boxes are checked off but it's still appearing in my goals.
    :) Game Centre: MadelinaGrace
  • Options
    Ok, I'm going to make this an official glitch. Please go back, edit your posts to include your platform/device / level and brief description
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    This used to happen in my game a lot. As long as you still get quests you should be fine and it will probably disappear eventually.
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    ok, mine is strange. This morning, the wait for Simon's call is not checked off, but the appearance is checked off and there is a 57 minute wait for his call. Ok, I'll do it again. Screenshotting this one as well. ;) So hang in there. It may be working it's way out. But when you take a referred job, and don't do it fast enough, you get the same problem with a job hanging out after it's done. And once again Alkoholiks is right. They usually do work themselves out.

Once a few months ago, we had one that had to be taken out with a glitch fix. But this one today mutates. Let's all watch and see what it does next.

I'm in the gig now. So, you will prob get another call to do it. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Mine changed today too. Now there is not even a box for 'wait for Simons call' just the 'complete appearance' box which is checked off. But on the right side where the goals are, the description for the event has changed... It was a club appearance, not a photoshoot with misty. I'm at a loss haha

image.jpg
    screenshot tool

(I hope the image posts properly; sorry I'm new to the forums!)
  • Options
    I know this is a stupid question, but did you go to the club and see if you could get in? I wouldn't put anything past this little hiccup. I'm still in the middle of mine, so I'll let you know if it disappears. Oh, and I have the Misty thing coming up soon, I wonder if that will happen.

Ok, let's play around it and just keep an eye on things. You look lovely btw. And, I love the color option. I took the pink too. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank you! Everything is better in pink, is it not? I even rocked the pink hair in the game... temporarily haha. Don't think I could quite pull it off.

I'm able to get into the 10ax but just as the club, not as an event. I'm not too concerned as this little glitch hasn't really affected my ability to play the game, but it is definitely strange
  • Options
    amymmkayamymmkay Registered Users 24 Posts
    Same thing happened to me, with the same 'In the Crowd' 10ax Florence gig! It's trying to make me re-do it again. I got 5 stars the first time and it took me literally all day waiting for my energy to re-up to finish the gig, I ain't doin it again! Hopefully this is something the Glu support team can fix!
  • Options
    JRich722JRich722 Registered Users 1 Posts
    So mad. Mine did it to me for Andre's 12 HOUR CHALLENGE!!! 5 stars the first time. Now doing it again... Ughh :( do you think they'll give us some free stars for our pain???? #wishfulthinking
  • Options
    Yes I just got the call to redo the event too. Frustrating cause it's such a long one. Took almost full energy to get one star. Ah well.
  • Options
    All right I completed the gig for the second time and it's still not gone :(

Submitted a ticket. Hopefully it will be resolved. Not interested in repeating the same gig a third time haha
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    I actually came here to make a thread about this.
    I have completed André's Challenge for the second time [I paid 1 star to start it asap], and the quest is still on the left side of my screen, with both boxes checked.

The Tokyo quest is working and all, but I'm concerned about having to redo these gigs and not being able to move forward into the story.
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    AlyhereAlyhere Registered Users 6 Posts
    For some reason even though the quest has been done it won't go away.
    Last night when I finished the shoot it looked like this:
    6gahzt.jpg

I hope time would just fix it but now when I tried again to open it this morning I saw this:
    sqs58k.jpg

It somehow now shows a different quest in the actual quest menu for some reason after I had already done a quest under that name. This is particularly annoying as this is part of the timed quest to help Kylie and Kendall get 50k :(

Anybody seen anything like this happen before and knows what to do?

Edit: I also don't have access to either building to redo the quest :/
  • Options
    Ok, Mine didn't disappear after I finished the gig for the 2nd time. If I get called for it again today, I'm not doing it I'm going to try and get this thread a little more attention. If you've have this issue, please post your patform/ device and level. Hold onto screenshots in case they're useful later. But luckily, it's an annoyance but we can still play around it, and we know it will be fixed at some point.

iOS
    Ipad 4th Gen
    Level 32
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh I'm sorry to see you guys got this bug too. Just checked the game and now I will get a second call to redo the quest.

That's it:
    30rmlna.jpg
  • Options
    Hope I'm not spamming but I've answered the second call, did the quest for the second time and nothing here too :/

Oh and I'm playing on iPad Air 2 (so iOS) and am level 30.
  • Options
    nebula macaronnebula macaron Registered Users 239 Posts
    Today this has appeared:

14wbpdd.png

I'm on an iPhone 4S, iOS8, level 28
    I deleted all my GC friends because I am planning to do my second comeback, so if I had you added I'm really sorry!
  • Options
    LindseyLindsey Registered Users 2 Posts
    Same issue. Did the Crowdfunding quest twice.
    Now happening with the Kortadito quest.

iOS
    Ipad 4th Generation
    Level 26
  • Options
    JehdashJehdash Registered Users 1 Posts
    Same here... Did the task 4 times and it won't go away :mad:
    Playing on iPad 4th generation, iOS and level 18.
  • Options
    Just an update- glu support responded and said they're aware of the issue and working on it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Yes, and I refuse to do another 8 hour talk show with what's his name. I've done the gig twice, and it's just not happening. I'm glad they're working on it. :) It was starting to feel like groundhog day.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    I have the same issue, wants me to redo Rays talk show. I play on my iPad 2 iOS 8. I see that it says glu is aware so I'm just going to call Simon on other tasks that say available soon until it's fixed. I'm not going to bother trying to redo because it seems that doesn't work.
  • Options
    jeljel Registered Users 19 Posts
    I have the same issue as well, I already did the in the crowd task twice.
    IOS/Ipod 5th Gen/Level 32
  • Options
    rikimukrikimuk Registered Users 21 Posts
    The gig in Florence I keep completing and it keeps coming back as if I haven't completed it. what's going on this is a joke?
  • Options
    MadzMadz Registered Users 9 Posts
    Lindsey wrote: »
    Same issue. Did the quest twice.

iOS
    Ipad 4th Generation
    Level 26

+1 same here
    💞Game Center: madz1303

❤️Game Center : JulyMSO (My Daughter)
  • Options
    Hi. Just heard from Glu, and they're aware of the problem of the recurring gig. Please know that they're aware of this issue and will be fixed in the upcoming update. In the meantime, feel free to ignore the repeating task and complete other jobs.

Hope this helps, and luckily, it's not affecting any other aspects of our game play. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RubyDRubyD Registered Users 189 Posts
    Add my voice to this. The gig is 8 hours long and doesn't even offer any help from contacts! Lol.

Sidebar: Since the update, my avatar doesn't wear what I clothe her in as far as how she looks in friends' towns. She would *never* show so much skin in public, blush, blush.
    (꒪̥︣ό꒪̥︣)
  • Options
    Jadore_MoiJadore_Moi Registered Users 17 Posts
    Having the same issue here as well, even after the update. Glu stated they were working on the issue and the update should've fixed it, but I don't know what to do. I've completed "Andre's Challenge" three times, which sucks because it's a 12 hour gig.