Options

Repetative Gigs Glitch - being addressed

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Jadore Moi, hi. Glu has stated to just ignore that task that will not go away. The glitch is being addressed, so just ignore it. Stop doing it. Ignore Simon when he calls for that gig, say not now. The task will not go away no matter how many times you complete it. For the time being - just pretend it's not there. When Simon calls for that task, say not now.

Sorry you're going through this too. I've got one, and he just keeps calling for me to do that task. I just keep saying no. I did mine about 3 times too.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    2krystal52krystal5 Registered Users 20 Posts
    I am also having the same issue and I accidentally clicked to do the gig again but then forgot about it. I know that's my bad however I knew I had already done the gig. A few hours later it said I failed and lost over 2 million fans. I'm playing on an iPhone 6.
  • Options
    If you start a gig, you should really finish it, but if you don't click the bubble to start the gig this won't happen again. I'm sorry you lost fans. Till this is fixed, everyone be careful. I've caught myself almost starting the gig again, but stopped after making sure it was the repeating gig. So please, everyone be careful, and just to be safe, if you start the gig, finish it. You don't want to make this worse.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, new wrinkle to the Gig that won't go away....I have no other goals for the next 8 and 24 hours, and every hour the gig Simon calls me with is the recurring gig, that I have done 3 times.

Are others in this same boat? Are you just doing parties? I can do that for a while I guess.

ETA: Ok, if you find yourself not getting calls for anything but the repeat gig......tell Simon OK. Tell him you can start right away. Then just don't start it. I said ok, then walked out of my home in Calabasas, and the phone rang again...it was Simon with more gigs.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    FaithRoseFaithRose Registered Users 22 Posts
    I've been throwing a lot of parties. Simon won't call with anything since I technically have that one gig still there. Doesn't really bother me right now, but if the next weekend event is based on how we do on professional gigs I'll be pretty bummed!
    Add me on Game Center! Alkatneu
  • Options
    MommyTo3MunchkinsMommyTo3Munchkins Registered Users 341 Posts
    Ok, new wrinkle to the Gig that won't go away....I have no other goals for the next 8 and 24 hours, and every hour the gig Simon calls me with is the recurring gig, that I have done 3 times.

Are others in this same boat? Are you just doing parties? I can do that for a while I guess.

ETA: Ok, if you find yourself not getting calls for anything but the repeat gig......tell Simon OK. Tell him you can start right away. Then just don't start it. I said ok, then walked out of my home in Calabasas, and the phone rang again...it was Simon with more gigs.

Ooh, really?? That is my only goal right now, and I keep putting it off, since I don't want to complete it for a 3rd time. I just rejected that offer but will try your suggestion when I play next.

~Melissa~
    GC: MommyTo3Munchkins

• Options
    Now, I have a gig that's available in 7 hours, and the repeat gig. So, I'm just doing parties till my gig is available or the glitch disappears and I start getting other things. Hope this resolves soon.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JapaneseAssassinJapaneseAssassin Registered Users 101 Posts
    I've completed this task like three times already. Why isn't it going away??? Anyone else having problems?
  • Options
    LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Don't keep doing it any further. It sounds like more of this same glitch. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?129594-Andre%E9-s-challange-problem

I haven't been having this problem at all yet. Are other people still stuck with the repeating gigs?
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Options
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Don't keep doing it any further. It sounds like more of this same glitch. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?129594-Andre%E9-s-challange-problem

I haven't been having this problem at all yet. Are other people still stuck with the repeating gigs?

Yep. I am stuck with the Crowdfunding gig in Florence. I've completed it 2x and keep getting called to complete it again. Other people have different ones that are stuck on repeat too. :(

~Melissa~

• Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I have four of them! Hope it gets fixed
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I was stuck with a repeating gig a while ago and I stopped doing it and it just disappeared in the next update so I think you'll just have to face the glitch until the next update.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    Yes, this is a glitch Glu knows about, and the repeating task will go away with the next update, There is a thread in Support about this, so I'm merging.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    IBrandonBIBrandonB Registered Users 3 Posts
    My game has been glitching for almost two weeks now and it's getting really irritating. I have two events I can't get rid of and then want me to keep doing them over and over again when I already did both twice. Which is making it difficult to do weekend events. Please help to fix this!!
  • Options
    Hi. I'm moving this to the proper thread, please list your Platform/OS
    Device
    Level

Brief description of the issue for you.

Read the thread, and you'll see this is a glitch Glu knows about, and has given the advice to ignore these gigs, it will be resolved in the next fix.

Sorry this is happening, you're in good company. :) Best advice - play around it, ignore it. There are people who can't even get the game over, and to be honest, that's a lot worse than a gig or two that doesn't go away.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Slegrande31Slegrande31 Registered Users 21 Posts
    How come I have to keep doing the crowdfunding bash in Florence again and again? This is like the 10th time I had to do this gig. And Simon doesn't call and offer any more gigs assuming that I have to finish this gig a certain amount of times. Am I supposed to do this gig 10 times? It's really frustrating. Please help. :(
  • Options
    Hi. It's a glitch. Don't keep doing the gig.

Join us over here: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?129568-Repeating-Goals-Glitch-being-addressed
  • Options
    I wish I had seen that before. :( I already started it again! Waaaaaahhhhh!
  • Options
    JessiJJessiJ Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am a C lister but the challenge to become a D lister is still there. How can I get rid of this challenge as it has a tick next to it on the left hand side of the screen.
  • Options
    I'm moving this to the right thread, although Glu has said that recurring gigs that don't go away will be fixed in the next update. At this time. ignore it, play around it.

I originally answered, thinking you were trying to complete the On The Fringe Goal, as the thread title indicates.

New answer, do nothing and wait for the next update.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    You said you are already on the C list but it wants you to get to the D list? Does it have a check next to it like you completed it? Right now there is a glitch that is keeping goals from disappearing from your list even though they are completed. Right now I have 2 goals that the game wants me to do again eventhough I've already completed it. The makers of the game are already aware of the glitch and say it will be addressed in the next update. For now just ignore that and keep going, it should disappear with the next update and you will probably have anew goal to get to the B list.
  • Options
    MikeGagaChicagoMikeGagaChicago Registered Users 64 Posts
    So I'm level 28 and I've had this goal of Singh Homes Ad in New Deli for a few weeks now. Both boxes are checked and I've done it about 3 times, and it never goes away. This is causing me not to move on and the only new tasks I get are the weekend events. Please help :(
  • Options
    Hi. there is a whole glitch thread about this, so I'm moving your post.

This is a known issue, and Glu will have it fixed with the next update. Ignore it, work around it, and sorry for the inconvenience. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Mine still won't go away. I also don't get new gigs because every time Simon calls its for that crowd funding bash. :(
  • Options
    So, I got the new update and actually had Simon call for random gigs. I was really excited. I was able to complete two 3-hour gigs. Then, Simon called and gave me the 10ax Crowdfunding event. :( It isn't listed on the side of my screen anymore, so I am a little confused about what it was "offered" to me to complete....again.

~Melissa~

• Options
    MommyTo3Munchkins, the same thing happened to me! I got paid for the event and it finally disappeared from my list but Simon still called about it. I said 'not yet' ... We'll see if I get another call
  • Options
    FaithRose wrote: »
    MommyTo3Munchkins, the same thing happened to me! I got paid for the event and it finally disappeared from my list but Simon still called about it. I said 'not yet' ... We'll see if I get another call

I'm sorry that you are stuck with it too, but I am glad that it isn't only me. Hopefully, that means Glu will fix it.... Please, Glu, don't let me down!

~Melissa~

• Options
    Ok, my repetitive gig was eliminated with an apology from Simon. then the complettion notice appeared and mine are goge. My Ipad game resolved.

If you are still affected by this, I'm sorry but could you please post your info here again? Glu always watches the Glitch threads after a fix goes out, so please bear with the delay. So, again, if you're still affected, details and brief comment about what if anything Simon's call did.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    theloraxthelorax Registered Users 78 Posts
    My repetitive gig is the FIOTY party at Club Tulip. It has disappeared from my list and I finally got paid for it but Simon still called me with it after the last update. I'm playing on a fifth generation iPod touch and I'm level 30.
  • Options
    I have not gotten any special message from Simon. Just the normal: This is the one you've been waiting for message. Hopefully, this picture works, because it shows I have the new update but the old gig.
    10y4ah4.jpg

~Melissa~