Options

Videos missing to earn K stars!

Jess RomeroJess Romero Registered Users 3 Posts
I recently made a purchase of K-stars using an Apple device (iPhone 6), and since then, my Get Free Stars, Get Free Energy, and Get Free Money button options have DISAPPEARED. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Not sure if this is a glitch in the system that CAN be fixed, or if once you buy something in the game with REAL money, the game wants you to keep on using REAL money for purchases, hence removing the free options buttons :-( It would be nice to have the ability to make purchases with real money, BUT ALSO keep the free options buttons for when you don't have money to spend on gaming--Please Help :-/

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I am so sorry this is happening. I've spent money on stars in the game, and I still get those boxes. I did a little search and may have found something that might help.
    Kuro wrote: »
    KKH Technical FAQ
    Q: Something about the game isn't working! I'm going to reinstall right now!
    A: DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR GAME IMMEDIATELY. I repeat. DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR GAME IMMEDIATELY. This game does NOT save to Game Center or Facebook, nor is it reliable on iCloud. It saves to your device. So if you delete the game and reinstall without saving your files to your computer, chances are you will lose all progress.

Before you do anything, do a little research about your issue. If it's a common issue that others are having without a solid fix, chances are you aren't going to get an immediate fix. When in doubt, send a ticket and DO NOT REINSTALL unless instructed by Customer Care.

But before submitting a ticket, make sure you at least try the following:
    Save your game files.
    Restart App and close other running Apps in multitask.
    ✰ Restart your device.
    ✰ Check if your device's memory is low.
    ✰ See if your glitch is known or has a solution.
    DO NOT REINSTALL.

When reporting issues make sure to include the following in your message:
    ✰ The device you play on
    ✰ The game
    ✰ The issue in clear detail

Reply times vary between customers, so please be patient as you wait for your reponse. DO NOT REINSTALL your game while waiting unless you have saved your files. Only reinstall if Customer Service tells you to do so.

✸Kuro & SamuraiPizzaCat

A number of people reinstall with no problems, but I don't have that expertise, so I always take the safe road. So, I would contact Glu Customer Care about this if it isn't solved by shutting down, shutting down the device and then going back in. If that doesn't work, go here, and follow the link to submit your issue to customer care. http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?118762-If-you-are-experiencing-issues-in-KKH-PLEASE-READ Again, I am sorry this is happening, but I promise you the opportunity for free stars and cash doesn't disappear because you made a purchase. I'm sure this will be fixed in no time.

In the meantime, enjoy the game and it's very nice to meet you.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    I have the EXACLY same problem; I bought Saturday kstars with real money and since then no free kstars from video.
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • Options
    AlyssamkAlyssamk Registered Users 1 Posts
    I recently made a purchase of K-stars using an Apple device (iPhone 6), and since then, my Get Free Stars, Get Free Energy, and Get Free Money button options have DISAPPEARED. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Not sure if this is a glitch in the system that CAN be fixed, or if once you buy something in the game with REAL money, the game wants you to keep on using REAL money for purchases, hence removing the free options buttons :-( It would be nice to have the ability to make purchases with real money, BUT ALSO keep the free options buttons for when you don't have money to spend on gaming--Please Help :-/

I had the same problem. I just backed it up to iCloud then deleted the app and reinstalled it. Make sure to back it up right before though so you don't lose any progress. Then when I clicked on the app you let it sit for a second and it will ask if you want to start a new game or use a back up :) it has happened to me a few times.
  • Options
    Please be careful if you do this. Glu doesn't recommend uninstalling and reinstalling, so please be careful.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I'm encountering this too. I made purchases with kstars & now the option to get free stars is gone. It's not fair because there are people who hack & get a gazillion Kstars & there are people who pay like me but can't get a break because they now have to buy what they want instead of earning it through watching vids like we used to.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    Kmbaby3Kmbaby3 Registered Users 58 Posts
    This happened to me in the past, it was gone for awhile. I did put In a ticket at the time and they ask about Internet connection and things like that. It finally fixed itself after an update when it reappeared. It does stink because I love my free videos to watch too but it will probably just come back on its own.
  • Options
    Still no answer with this problem and i submitted a ticket a few days ago.
  • Options
    Did you get an auto response saying they'd gotten your ticket? And a few days is not a long time, they are backlogged because so many people send in tickets, a lot of them over things that can't be helped. Speaking from experience, the button for free stars disappears when there are no videos to watch. You just have to be patient and wait for their reply. Sorry this is happening, but at least your game is not interrupted.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Yes Koko, i received an auto response but the problem is not fixed, also i`m pretty sure that this is a bug because before when there wasn´t videos availible to watch, the button was there. Anyway, now i have a bigger issue because half of my GC friends vanished from my KKH friend list, including my husband, so soon he is going to divorce because i cant date to him...I submitted a ticket but this time i did`t got an autoresponse...:( Whatever...
  • Options
    macyashlynnmacyashlynn Registered Users 1 Posts
    I no longer have the option of watching videos to earn free energy, money and K stars. Is anyone else having this problem? I even deleted my game and started over hoping this option would return and it didn't.
  • Options
    1rkhachatryan1rkhachatryan Registered Users 133 Posts
    I no longer have the option of watching videos to earn free energy, money and K stars. Is anyone else having this problem? I even deleted my game and started over hoping this option would return and it didn't.

Hmm...it seems to be working for me right now. Although I'm not sure on the amount of times you can do because I just watched a vid for one k star and now it says there is no more vids left.

Although the last time I did the video thing, it didn't even give me the option to watch another vid. It just took me to the apps page to get free ones.
    Hey guys, you can call me Robert. I know how weird my username looks lol.
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Yep I have this on my guy game - the option disappeared after I bought stars. I deleted the game too and then got it back from iCloud and that worked, but then I was looking at the page and thinking hmm better not click that restore special purchases button or it'll disappear again... and while I was thinking that I accidentally clicked it (I know what a donut) and sure enough it disappeared. Deleting the game doesn't bring it back now, and I wouldn't try that again now anyway because I don't want to lose my stuff. I just accept it because I think if I contacted glu they wouldn't really care :D
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    Videos to watch is a crazy thing. I tried on my first game, my samsung phone, and no videos were ever available, I spent sooooo much time on those other ****py offers. I'm just glad I used a throwaway email address. UGH. So, it never occured to me that my next game the ipad would get videos. 3 months later I tried and wow. I got a star for a video. This lasted a few months, then no more videos to watch. Suddenly about a week or so ago, that game started getting them again. And the last to try for stars was the android tablet. I thought only ios could watch videos, because my android phone couldn't. I don't know what it is about 3 months, but lets say 3 months after the ipad was watching them, I tried the tablet and yes now everyone got videos except for the phone. Now it's settled into videos for a bit, no videos. Videos. No videos. I've been told it's a combination of your carrier, your device, what's available. I got very upset when the 2 devices stopped getting the videos, but now I look at it as I try everyday. I get a few stars, or I don't.

I spoke with someone from Fyber who said the carrier came into it as well, putting their own restrictions on it.

Then finally, all the videos we watch? Let's say the Rimmel one. Ladies makeup. Rimmel's agent in charge of this decides 'ok, we're putting videos out this month for Candy Crush, Deer Hunter, and Stardom. Kardashian? Nah, we did that for the past 2 months. Skip them this time"

Ok, so this is just my take on what has been told to me, but the sponsors (product being advertised) decide where they're ads will run, just like on tv, they decide 30 seconds of the SuperBowl, or a season long minute spot on Shark Tank. They decide what games to throw their commercials to. If the game hits a slump, you don't think advertisers notice? That's one aspect I hadn't even thought of. (I think it wasn't so much that fyber was so forthcoming, as much as every time this guy answered me, I had another question for him. About 3rd letter in, I think he realized I was trying to determine what to tell people, and maybe he'd get a little relief or else he was just happy to not be arguing about specific missing stars.

Anyway, if after considering all this, you want you can contact Fyber ask them what you can do to get videos to watch, that's fine.

And I've purchased stars for all three of my games, and the videos availability has nothing to do with whether we buy stars. Glu is 99% off the hook as far as video availabilty goes. The one percent is the guy (if one exists) who's job it is to go out and procure videos for the various Glu games to have available. But he's probably the brother-in-law of the CEO so good luck getting his keister out there doing his job. lol.

I have one annoying glitch, for the past week, the Android tablet has videos to watch, and I watch a couple every day, but I am not getting my stars for them. I'm going to start a list of each video, and try and get stars from Fyber for those.

I hope some of this info helps.

And Lucy, I've heard other people with a disappearing Restore special Purchases button. Bur I never really knew what that button is supposed to do. So I shouldn't tap it? I don't even notice it half the time.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Hey Koko, for me the restore special purchases button gives me the (red) charity purchases on my new guy game even though I bought them on the other game (iCloud I guess even they're different accounts, idk), but it's the 'get free stars' button that disappears on that game, and the reason I thought it was linked to purchases was because it was there, and then I purchased stars and it disappeared. Then I deleted and redownloaded the game (using iCloud save) and it was back. Then, I deleted the game and didn't play for a long time until just recently when I decided to download and restart the game, and the button was there. Then I bought stars, and it immediately disappeared same as the first time. I then deleted and redownloaded the game again using the iCloud save, and the button was back. Then I accidentally clicked restore purchases and the get free stars button disappeared immediately.

On my girl game, I've never had this problem, although there are times when videos aren't available to watch for days and days, which is fine. But then it tells you there are no videos available - the button doesn't disappear. I have bought stars on this game too.

The thing I don't get is that it disappearing seems directly linked to making (or 'restoring') purchases on my guy game, and when I searched on chapter cheats I found a lot of people experienced the exact same thing. I'm not arguing with what you say at all I hope it doesn't come across that way, but does your free stars button actually disappear too or is it just that videos are unavailable? I was just wondering

GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Options
    Oh no it didn't come across that way. One of the things I've learned is that players games are like snowflakes. THey're all beautiful snowflakes and very similar, but they are all different. I dmon't understand why something wouldn't work on one of my tablets, but the same id, same carrier naturally same game on another device GOT the videos. I was amazed, But my Android phone will NOT get videos to watch. That's why it's so hard to tell people that 'all games are different' because if one acts one way, another is going to act differently,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmwhyAmwhy Registered Users 21 Posts
    I haven't had the option to earn free stars for over a month. I contacted glu and they said maybe my internet isn't fast enough. That's not the case. In fact, I still have the option on my iPad and it's connected to the same wifi network. So annoying.
  • Options
    Yes. Exactly my point about my devices. I can also attest it comes and it goes. I'm sorry this is happening. Just hang in there, and check. Lately one device gets the videos to watch, but never gets the stars. So, the stars for videos are a little bonus sometimes they're there, sometimes not.

Oh, another thing I learned in my quest for answers, was sometimes you just reach a limit. And then you wait and it resets. So one more of a hundred and one reasons why you may not be getting videos all the time.

I'm sorry. ;( (If you buy even a small pack of stars, the ads are removed, plus you get a lot more stars than one or two from a video)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    AmwhyAmwhy Registered Users 21 Posts
    I don't get ads. I've actually been playing the game since July, but it reset after the Easter update and I had to start over from the beginning. Then about a week later the option to earn free stars and free money is completely gone. There's no button for it or anything. Super lame.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm sorry you not getting these offers. I am however living proof that they disappear....they come back. You have to either stop checking because it bothers you, or check expecting nothing, and then be pleasantly surpised if you get any. Otherside you can drive yourself crazy over it. Been there, still crazy. lol. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Jess RomeroJess Romero Registered Users 3 Posts
    Hi everyone--I found a solution!
    1--FIRST, I backed-up my iPhone (including all Apps) to my computer as a precautionary method in case this didn't work, since I was unsure if it would work.
    2--Then, I deleted the game from my iPhone, and the phone asked me if I ALSO wanted to delete the game from Game Center-->I opted TO KEEP the game on Game Center by pressing "KEEP" on Game Center.
    **(At this point I figured my progress had been saved in 2 places: PC Back-up AND Game Center)**
    3--I re-loaded the game from the App Store, then after watching KK's intro video the game asked me if I wanted to use the version of my game from the "cloud", and I said YES. Since I DID NOT back-up the game to my iCloud (I would've had to pay for extra storage), I'm assuming that it picked it up from the Game Center cloud.
    4--I'm now able to collect stars, energy, and money as before after watching videos now!

If anyone else does this, PLEASE remember to back-up ALL CONTENTS from your iPhone to your computer FIRST to make sure you can always go back to that version if something goes wrong!

--Jess
  • Options
    Read this first:

Think long and hard, if you're willing to gamble with all your progress over a few stars that may not even be available. If what Jess wrote worked for them, that's awesome. but if you read enough of the threads you see thread after thread of people who uninstalled and reinstalled the game and now they have to start over.

If you are using an Apple product, and you want to try this, if it were me, I'd make an appointment at the genius bar at the Apple Store, and see if one of the 12 year old Geniuses would do it for me. Maybe they would, maybe they won't but I'd try that. I'd trust them more than trusting myself.

And, another problem with 'backing up all contents" with apple the latest update stopped ifunbox from working, so that fall back is no longer available. And while with Android the whole file manager system lets even me back up, but, Samsung has told me that even using Samsung Kies it will not back up the game data, because it's unaccessible.

Even Glu has a page about backing up and saving. But it's not very promising. I'll be back with that link in a minute.

So while I'm saying in theory this will work, ask if you want to chance it. Weigh the pros and cons.

Here is Glu's FAQ specifically about uninstalling the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game.
    https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=general&f=if-i-uninstall-will-i-lose-my-progress
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary