Options

Update 4.0 Issues - Game won't load

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
So far the new update to KK:H 4.0 has been free of any major glitches, but I've noticed a frew problems mentioned in other threads. If you find you have any issues post them here, like this:

Platform
Device
OS
Level

Brief description of problem.

ETA: No need for further screenshots, DMV_Doll's already included images are sufficient representations of the Wardrobe Freeze/Crashing problem. :)
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
๐Ÿฆ‹Purple Headed โ™Š+ ๐Ÿฅฅ Chick Playing iOS & Android ๐Ÿฆ‹
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
๐ŸŒŸIf you want my attention please send a dm
๐Ÿ’œVats
๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    sdavis56sdavis56 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Android
    ,droid max
    Level 32
    Hopefully this gets fixed soon! Every time I try to open my game it crashes!
  • Options
    Android
    ,droid max
    Level 32
    Hopefully this gets fixed soon! Every time I try to open my game it crashes!

Hi sdavis. Did this just start with the 4.0 update? If you have access to your ID# you can submit a ticket to Customer Care using the Contace Us link here: https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/ If you don't have that number, if you've ever bought stars, that transaction number might be enough for Glu to access your game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    Platform: Android

Device: HTC 610 Desire

Level: 26

Brief description of problem: I updated the game this morning and since then it has been force closing. The furthest I got into it was Kim's video message, after that it continued to force close saying "Unfortunately Kardashian has stopped".

Edit: My game is working fine now. Sadly the update banner did not pop up and usually I screencap it.
  • Options
    DannilionDannilion Registered Users 19 Posts
    Platform: Android
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Level: 34 (I think)

Game crashes just after the loading bar starts and the music begins. This started right after the update. I reinstalled and without connecting the game to my save it ran fine, but once I connected Facebook to download the saved game the crash happened again.

I can provide a logcat if that would be helpful to the devs.
  • Options
    If needed Dannilion, you can supply that after they contact you. But, if you're playing on Android, how is the saved game on FaceBook? You're either playing on FB or Android, and the game now saves only on the device, according to the latest FAQs. A number of Androids have problems when logged into FB from the game. If you can get it, to submit a Customer Care ticket from InGame Messaging. By using a downloadable ROM your device might fall into the 'jailbroken' category and the game frequently has problems with jailbroken devices. You should be able to submit the ticket, and provide the Hollywood ID# if you're not connected to FB.

We haven't been overwhelmed with reports of crashing games since the update, so there are probably jut random games affected now. Customer Care ticket is the way to go. We're here if you need more help. Very sorry this is happening, but my Galaxy S10.2 has always had a problem when signed into FB from the game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    goldanngoldann Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am on android galixy 5. Since the update I can only get into my game if I am connected to WiFi. My 4glte connection is fine but the game says can't connect check connection and try again.
  • Options
    DannilionDannilion Registered Users 19 Posts
    I didn't realise it had changed as it used to sync. Luckily I had a couple of day old backup so I've only lost a small bit of progress. The Google Play reviews are full of people who had the exact same issue but for now the latest update seems to have fixed it.
  • Options
    jhanalejhanale Registered Users 1 Posts
    I updated my Kim K game two days ago on my android and every time I log on it says no internet connection but I have internet on my phone. Im on level 26 and I'd hate to delete the game and start over. Is there anyway to fix this please? I've also noticed on the Google play store, it's a lot of comments with the same problem I'm having. I love the game and want to continue playing. Thanks.
  • Options
    RosarioIsFly27RosarioIsFly27 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Hi Wacamoe! Im having a similar issue with the new 4.0 update on my device. I am using an LG Android Version 4.4.2 and i think im on level 34 or 35 and im a female character. The game comes on then i get a pop up box that says it cant connect to the network. My wifi is fine and i have never had a problem until now. Please help me!!
  • Options
    Hi jhanale, I'm sorry this is happening. You should submit a Customer Care ticket, if you can't get into the game, InGame messaging won't really help. I'll put together a list of a few things to try, but can you tell me your platform/Device/ OS/level in the game?

If this wasn't a momentary thing, can I ask that you double check you're on the absolute latest version of the game? After the initial Android update, a few more updates came out to fix a few minor issues.

Next you can use an alternative method of Contacting Customer care. You can submit a ticket from the help section. https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/ You can look around there, try the Troubleshooting section, and if nothing helps, then the Contact Us button on the top right of that page will open a form for you to complete. Please explain you can't open the game to submit an InGame Message, but give them all the details necessary. Now, do you happen to have your Hollywood ID#? Those are like the keys to your games. Unless you already copied it at one point or another, it's trickier. Glu 'might' be able to locate your game number if you made any Special Purchases. Stars from the StarShop, Game Cash from the Star Shop. Any transaction where you spent actual money in the game either through the PlayStore or iTunes will have a receipt or transaction number. I'm thinking the transaction or receipt number might be a backdoor for Glu to get to your game.

So, try any updates available, tell me what your game platform details are, and see if you either have the Hollywood ID number or made a transaction. One way or another, we'll try to get you up and playing. And a last thing to consider, how long have you been playing, and is it worth it to you to just start over? But whatever you do, please do not uninstall and reinstall the game right now. Let's see if we can't help first, before you have to decide about restarting.

Just re-read, saw you're Android, try clearing your cache first. Go to your App Manager. here are my steps, yours are most probably similar.

On your Android go to Settings/ More/ Application Manager/ scroll to Kardashian and tap to expand, See screenshot.

8856f2c8-ca18-47fb-aabb-0ec8d08ae794.png

Tap the purple circled "CLEAR CACHE"

Under no circumstance go near the Clear Data button. That will kill your game, and start you back at the very beginning, where you pick your gender and start over. Nothing will get the game back for you, if you hit Clear Data.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Hi kokokokonut! Thanks for responding to my thread and i understand we're your coming from. I have been having technical issues ever since the new 4.0 update took effect. I use an android device LGMS323 Version 4.4.2 I think im on level 34 or 35 not sure. Everytime i log on the Glu logo will flash across the screen as always but now i get a pop up box that says it cant connect to network try again. I have tried several troubleshooting tips such as: turning device on and off, taking battery out for a few minutes, clear my cache etc. Nothing seems to be working! Im just frustrated at this point and im losing fans, boyfriends etc. Please help me!
  • Options
    Hi RosarioIsFly. Have you made any star purchases, or better, do you have a record of your Hollywood ID#. ? As far as I know, without that number Glu can't get into the game a see what the issue is.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I do have a record of my star purchases in my google wallet if that helps. I dont remember my hollywood i.d. how can i find out?
  • Options
    Hi. Hang on just a tad longer, I'm trying to get help for this thread as we speak. :) If you want, you can submit the customer care ticket from the help pages https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/ Stress that you can't open the game, don't have your Hollywood number, but you have the receipt (give the transaction number, date, and other info) and ask if they can recover your ID# and help you that way.

ANd, I'll go see what I can do. Hang in there. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I will send another ticket right now!
  • Options
    Update - if you're unable to play and you're one of the T-Mobile players using 4G, the game is currently crashing on load for them because T-Mobile changed their system to require newer internet technology that the game does not currently support. Glu will have that fixed with the very next update (coming soon). The Customer Service team will be making posts about this problem soon.
    In the meantime there may be a way they can use 3G on T-Mobile when playing the game, Customer Service will soon be informed how to advise players on that. Or you can google that info in the meantime.

So, hope this helps, if not, it is being addressed in the next update, coming soon.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    kar3sskar3ss Registered Users 3 Posts
    So when is the next update...cause i cant even login to mines keep telling ne no connection
    Android
    Lg stylo
    Level 19 or something i forgot
  • Options
    Thank you so much once again. I didnt realize that i had a t-mobile phone because i go through metropcs. I hope this matter can be fixed soon as well:(
  • Options
    MetroPCS is now part of TMobile. Sorry this happened. But it's very nice to meet you Rosario.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Oh ok well thank you again for your help regardless. Nice to meet you as well:)
  • Options
    kar3ss wrote: ยป
    So when is the next update...cause i cant even login to mines keep telling ne no connection
    Android
    Lg stylo
    Level 19 or something i forgot

Kar3ss, by any chance are you on MetroPCS/ TMobile? A few posts up I relayed info about that carrier's issues. So, if none of the info in this thread helps, post more info and we'll try to help. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    PinkkyBluPinkkyBlu Registered Users 3 Posts
    Keeps saying know network connection for the last couple of days ive spent money playing why why why i can go to all my other games so in regards to this i should be compensated
  • Options
    Hi PinkkyBlu, first, don't worry, Customer Care can help restore any special purchases you've made in the game. Can you list
    Platform
    Device
    OS
    Level

And if you're TMobile/Metro PCS, there is a post a page or two back about that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I have the mini wardrobe lag as everyone. But the main issue is I can't visit the house in Hamptons. It force closes the moment I enter. I assume the .obb file is still partially damaged after the update. Is there a fix to it?

Device: QMobile A50

Level: 32
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    I'm sure it will be corrected in the next update, but to be on the safe side, I'd send an InGame Message to Customer Care, and if you include your Hollywood ID#, and platform device info in your original message, they won't have to write back asking for it. Lead with the shut down in South Hampton, because if they see wardrobe lag, it's only human to see the familiar problem and grab onto that, missing the bigger problem of the game shutting down. So, I'd mention the wardrobe incidentally, like for reference rather than repair. We KNOW the wardrobe fix is in the next upcoming update.

And don't forget, Glu might see this, and pick up the issue from here. But send in the ticket.

Good luck, and in the meantime, stay out of the Hamptons. Go to Soho and I'll meet you there.
    ;) Oh, added a bold header to your post, so it stands out with the new issue

ETA: oh, you can Go to the Hamptons, but you can't enter your house? (sorry morning eyes) changing the header. heh heh Actually that's better for you, because if you get called for the cash from SoChic, you can grab that, and you can do jobs there at the Swan Club? I feel better now, but send in the ticket.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Cheekoh01Cheekoh01 Registered Users 6 Posts
    Infinix x509
    Android KitKat 4.4.2
    Level 21
  • Options
    Cheekoh01Cheekoh01 Registered Users 6 Posts
    I am having exactly the same problem!!!!!! I'm Using an android phone. Kitkat 4.4.2. And now at level 21. I'm stuck. Nothing is happening anymore
  • Options
    angelah2angelah2 Registered Users 8 Posts
    Windows
    Windows 7
    level 25?

It starts to load then goes to a black screen
  • Options
    Angelah2, I'm sorry but you're playing on the Facebook Platform. The only suggestion I have for that, would be to try another browser. Oftentimes a facebook player has said going to Firefox, or Chrome, or any other browser helped.
    Otherwise, for FB games, the only other alternative is to wait for the next update, or try starting a new game. I'm sorry this is happening.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I am having exactly the same problem!!!!!! I'm Using an android phone. Kitkat 4.4.2. And now at level 21. I'm stuck. Nothing is happening anymore

Can you be more specific. There are a number of different things, from different platforms. What are your Android issues?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    ๐Ÿ’œVats
    ๐Ÿ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary