Options

Lost all my progress boooooo

Naomi77Naomi77 Registered Users 212 Posts
Was at level 25/26 with one star away to finish karls white rose photo shoot on my android phone game, went by the name Isabella Peyton......the phone is a samsung galaxy core .......had just reached top 100 with pretty good glam too....can this possibly be fixed PLEASE????
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    Your post really isn't that clear, but kokokokonut explained this like this over and over here.

And you should probably send a ticket in through in-game support.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Naomi77 wrote: »
    Was at level 25/26 with one star away to finish karls white rose photo shoot on my android phone game, went by the name Isabella Peyton......the phone is a samsung galaxy core .......had just reached top 100 with pretty good glam too....can this possibly be fixed PLEASE????

Hi. I just have to be perfectly clear. You lost your game data, and now you are set back to a brand new game, or you lost event progress but your game is intact?

And, have you been saving to the Google Play Servers? Before we go further, I need to understand what happened, and what we're talking about.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    hi Koko :) yes I was one star away from finishing the Karl white rose photo shoot.I left to let my energy load little on coming back I found I had lost everything and the game was reset to very beginning,where we can choose our toon style. I was told that google play servers saved by itself, was that info wrong?
  • Options
    Ouch. Hang on, I'm in mid post, don't do anything I'll be right back.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    ok no worries I'll wait. just find it so weird this had never happened to me on my phone before,never had any issues
  • Options
    Ok, first, just putting Glu's transfer for Android info here, so we have it to refer to.

Starting with version 4.1.0 Kim Kardashian:Hollywood can be transferred to a new Android device.

To achieve a smooth transfer from your old device to your new one:

Before you start, please make sure that you have updated your Google Pay Services and Google Play Games apps to the most recent version, on both devices.

It is best to make sure your game progress is copied to the servers before you install the game on your new device.

1.) (on device 1) Make sure you're signed-in to Google Play, outside the game.

2.) (on device 1) Play the game for a bit on the current version you have.. Do one or two random projects from Simon (not the story ones, but the generic ones). This will ensure that your save file is current in Google Play.

3.) (on device 1) visit the Google Play store, look up Kim Kardashian:Hollywood and update to the latest version of the game. you want to ensure you are playing at least v4.1.0 or later. The first time version 4.1.0 is run, it prompts you to allow connection to Google Play.

3.) (on device 1) Play on the updated version [4.1.0 or later] for a few minutes (to populate the cloud again with the latest save file).

4.) (on device 2) Install the latest version on your new device.

5.) (on device 2) Sign in to Google Play with the same account used on device 1.

6.) (on device 2) Launch the latest version of the game on your device.

7.) (on device 2) Your original save should now be loaded on the new device and you can continue play.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- This feature is NOT meant for cross-device play! It was intended to allow you to port an old game to a new device.

- If you continue to play on your old device after transferring your game to the new device you may experience data loss.

- Please play on one device at a time and only delete the game from the old device after you're happy with its performance on the new device!

ok, before we try and get you tech help now that the file systems are somewhat accessible. How tech are you? I stink. But I take my time and ask and ask till I understand.

I'd probably try and a) empty cache of the game (because you're down to zero currently) sign out of google play services, turn off the phone, Then open your phone sign into google Play services, all your google stuff, then go up to the play store and try and open the game from there. That seems like it would be benign and couldn't make things worse.

If you want, we can put out a plea for anyone with good Android experience and know how to offer suggestions, and I can try and look around for some expert advice.

Remember - if it's not attributed to glu, any tech suggestions I offer are just my own attempt to trick the game to behave, while not doing damage. in other words, you have to be comfortable with anything you try. So, think it over, I have to make my son's lunch, I'll be back in less than 5 minutes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    by all means I need all the tech savy people I can get LOL I've had this phone for a year now,never had problems the game's always worked so good I cached cleaned,signed in and out google play..... still the same :/
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Was the game installed on your SD card or Internal storage? I had it partial on each, I mean some files on the external and some on internal memory. And then one day the SD card stopped working and poof... I lost all my progress!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    was saved all on my phone I learned that the hard way with my previous phone hehehe
  • Options
    I can't think of anything else... Did you play around with the settings of your phone? Oh and you should never clear data of your apps. That will absolutely bring you back to square one!

• Options
    no I didn't I was actually at work when I checked my energy level,trying to wrap up the event and saw I was reset out of the blue but thanks for the info of clearing game app I didn't know that would happen.
  • Options
    My fingers are crossed for you! I hope someone form Glu can help you out. I've never had luck in retrieving my data back once I lost it. :(

• Options
    if I don't I don't know if I'll restart (probably will,am such KK addict hehehe) if I do will add you if that's ok?
  • Options
    I always say clear cache. Cache is just game play junk, like wiping cookies. But data is everything about your game. I thought that if you could retrieve it from Google Play that would help. Charli is much more tech savy than I am. I'd go ahead an submit a ticket to customer care, explain what happened, Make sure you tell them that the game crashed on you, and reset your game. And if any more suggestions come in here, you can always check back. I'm going to look around and see if I can dig up anything that helped anyone else.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Naomi77 wrote: »
    if I don't I don't know if I'll restart (probably will,am such KK addict hehehe) if I do will add you if that's ok?

Yeah, sure! I enjoy playing with real players instead of NPCs :)

• Options
    am mostly sorry to be losing my JET..... my CAR.....oh and all my pretty STUFF O_O if it's reset like this by itself longshot light years away glu being able to retrieve it for me *sigh*
  • Options
    I thought that if you could retrieve it from Google Play that would help.

This is worth a shot. Naomi, all you need is to trigger that dialog box that gives you the option to choose from Device A and Device B. Have you uninstalled the app yet, or gone past the Kustomization?

If it was my device, I'd experiment a bit on my own. But then I can't offer such advice to others in fear of screwing things up even more. It actually varies from device and OS version too.

• Options
    no haven't uninstalled yet,but also not gone past kustomization either..... hmmm maybe will try that not like I got anything to lose LOL
  • Options
    Oh, wait a minute. WHen I did it, both times, I freaked when the game opened up and took me to the cusomization screen. I shut down, screamed for about half an hour, then remembered it didn't ask me what to call me....so......I went back in and then the lovely game offered me the choice of 2 sets of game data. I grabbed the higher one...higher level, more assets, and held my breath as it loaded.

If you haven't gone back in yet, try again. I wish I had a screenshot of the little box that pops up asking which game data you want, fingers crossed here to.

Charlie, you're a genius. I forgot all about that.

Don't uninstall, just try to load/open again, and see if it offers you a choice between Device A and Device B, and it lists levels Kash, Stars and energy for each.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    That's great! Don't kustomize yet, unless you get the final word that your progress is gone. Till then, there's hope. :)

• Options
    yeah.....no such luck :( not even letting me login to google let alone my previous game ...... again I say BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O_o
  • Options
    Ok, wait. Not letting login to google might mean, when you CAN log into google, then your game could be back. (I have a B.A. in Optimisim. or something. lol)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    hahahaha ;) will keep fingers crossed but less hopeful having had my track record I am leery LOL
  • Options
    yup just as predicted no luck LOL finally able to login to google but no game return :P so starting from scratch I guess sure do miss my pimped out ride and fancy private jet though hahahaha
  • Options
    I'm sorry this happened. If you need to restore special purchases, and any Star or K$ purchased in the StarShop, you should submit a ticket to customer care, explain what happened and submit any receipts. They are very sympathetic to lost games that were no fault of your own.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    jahvannajahvanna Registered Users 31 Posts
    I lost everything with the 4.1.0 update, I hope glu does another TB sale soon
  • Options
    Thing is I never bought Kstars ( the exchange rate blows my ability to afford a splurge ) so anything I did get was thru sheer plain hoarding LOL somehow while it's by no fault of my own I do have enough common sense to realize it's not the team's fault either specially with all the work they already have on their hands.
  • Options
    I'm really glad you enjoy the game. I thought you said it crashed/froze in the voting results phase, and when you came back you were wiped to the beginning of the game. But I'm glad you're still playing and doing it all again. I have to be honest, I'd do it all again too. ANd even though my 2nd android was 'born' to troubleshoot my friends issue, when it was fixed, I couldn't give up the other game. Believe me, I didn't set out to have 3. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    not quite Koko I was one star away from ending the white rose photo shoot,I left to let energy build up a bit,on coming back I had been wiped clean LOL anyhow I do need more active players as friends and would like to leave my info so people can add....but am such a dolt got no clue where to find what it is I need to share and have people add .....little help ,pretty please?? ty ty ty
  • Options
    Are you playing 2 games? Let's focus on your phone game. I don't play on Facebook, and can't help you out there.

You can read this,

Your phone is Android. You want to connect to people using Facebook or Google+. Some games have a problem connecting with friends when they're logged into Facebook in the game. I can't help with that, but I connect to people using Google+. What ever google ID you used to sign into Google Play, is the same id you use for Google+. Add other Google+ players to a circle.

You can find out more in Gifting and friends. Try reading through this thread.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary