Options

Utterly disappointed

NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
10 December 2015

I attempted to transfer my game from my old android device to my new android device, following Glu's instructions HERE.

Several attempts failed. Jax is still on my old device, thankfully, but I don't know for how long more. My device will die any moment.

I came on the forum and everyone was supportive, and all the words gave me hope. I still had my old game, someone else solved their issue with Glu's help. I trusted Glu.

11 December 2015

I messaged KK:H_Staff the day before and got a reply, she told me it would be more efficient to submit an in-game ticket, so I did, despite the risks of accelerating the death of my old device.

I sent this message.

JlsGWaT.png

And got this automated message immediately. I was ecstatic, hopeful again.

Dcf5d9m.png

12 December 2015

So I thought, I must have received a reply since I'm getting priority service. Switched on my phone to check again, indeed I got a reply. A disappointing one.

This is literally a copy-paste of their instructions from their website (link above). Did they not read my message? I did not ask "How do I transfer my game?", I asked for help on a game transfer fail. There was no attempt at all to ask what went wrong.

jfnHkJm.png
vTTEW6L.png
NWAgH8v.png

I replied, again, asking for help.

9sdx3uP.png
PM to add
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    15 December 2015

After 3 days, I received this reply. I can't believe it. No words can describe how disappointed I am with Glu. An apology and restoring my purchases cannot make up for the several months I worked hard on Jax to get all the event items, to get to Level 30, girlfriend, friendship, story lines, everything.

This is Glu, who create games without any server backups.

RIP Jax.

aXVjUuh.png
    PM to add
  • Options
    AliBryantAliBryant Registered Users 6,169 Posts
    omg Nai, I am so so sorry to hear this! Glu's in game support is nothing short of terrible. I asked a simple question last week and also got a copy and paste NON-ANSWER. It is truly pathetic and obvious that they have outsourced customer service. The people who reply to inquiries are quite obviously not knowledgeable of the game itself, they only follow the scripts they are given.

I too am on an Android device that is about to die. I have been playing since June 2014, have spent over $500 USD on K-stars, have obtained EVERY SINGLE earnable item since I started, plus most gift box items. I am level 40 and have completed 2 comebacks. My doll is still married to her first husband from 2014, and they have two babies. If the time comes and my doll Ali cannot be salvaged or transferred along with everything else I have earned, I will be quitting the game.
    iOS
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Customer Care sucks! I've been asking them for reimbursements for the gifts not delivered, and they come up with such lame responses. Always!!

Nai, I'd suggest Helium - App Sync and Backup. They're the best for transferring app data. Wanna give it a try?

Here's the link to download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm so sorry Nai!

I got a similar treatment with my purple eyed baby issue!

I'm gonna talk to Wish, and ask how her problem was solved, I'll come back here when I get an answer.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Omg Nai, I'm so sorry :(
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Nai, I am so sorry. Android is a little more lenient with file management than apple. As long as you have him in your old game, there must be some way to retrieve. Did you contact Google play? If you're set to save there, maybe they can shed light on why it's not there.

I guess I'm used to butting heads, don't give up on him. Remember Wish.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    It's reason why I contacted KK:H_Staff immediately because she actually takes the time to understand my issue, she reads what I write and has so far been very nice. The in-game customer service doesn't bother about what I wrote at all, it feels like, especially when I am so anxious.

Ali, I hope your game transfer works fine. I suggest doing it now when your device still has a little bit of life span, I don't know how long mine can last, and it is dangerous. I have also spent more than $100 on my android, way way more on my iOS. Playing 2 devices, the amount of work put in to get all the earnables is a lot. It's not fair that I have to lose all my hard work.

Charli, I'll check out that app, thanks.

Vats, thank you so much!

Amy, I know right :'(

Koko, I'll connect to my computer and see if I can directly move my save file... maybe? I hope my device don't die on me yet. Good idea, maybe I should contact Google Play too, I'll grab any opportunity to revive him.

You're not butting heads, everyone knows you are the most helpful.

I barely have the mood to play or post, I'm gonna go work on the next style item now.
    PM to add
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Nai, I'm so sorry.. I hope everything turns out fine, sending positive vibes your way xo
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    Nai unfortunately Wish's answer wasn't of much help, she got help from a tech guy here in the forum, try to find that thread to see his username and send a PM to him, she said that it's a very confusing process!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Thanks Sassy!

Vats, I found her thread and she said it was wacamoe, someone from Glu. I searched for his profile but don't know if I should PM him. Call me the real stalker, I'm just desperate now. Hoping he sees this thread and help this desperate soul.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Go ahead, you won't loose anything if you PM him, maybe he doesn't answer you or he'll gonna say that he can't help you, but you can loose if you don't try it!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    I'm just afraid of rejection lol. Ok maybe I'll try later.
    PM to add
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Nai, this is horrific and frustrating. I can't imagine how utterly helpless you must feel right now. I'm so sorry.

I always wondered why a multi billion dollar company like Glu would not have any backup servers for their game. It's ridiculous & unfair. Plus they outsource all their in game help so you really feel even more helpless. Seriously girl, I'm praying for you. Because if that was me, all hell would break loose by now.

I admire your patience of steel. Good luck.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    DMV_DollDMV_Doll Registered Users 1,470 Posts
    Don't give up Nai. I know exactly what ur going thru. It took me a couple of months to get my game transferred when I switched devices.

Hopefully the guy can get you up and running.

I remember they were able to restore exclusive items for one person here when their game wasn't working.

Be persistent... It will pay off
    I don't make the rules... I just follow them most of the time 😉

Andriod player
  • Options
    LckynickiLckynicki Registered Users 105 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I'm just afraid of rejection lol. Ok maybe I'll try later.
    Don't be afraid girl. Just ROLL with it.
    Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
    Pooh: “You don’t spell it, you feel it.”
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Echoing everything already said.

So sorry Naims, and you have a great attitude, I hope it will pay off.

I know from this type of job (looong time ago, but not much has changed in it) they not only discourage customer service representatives from sending out a hand written letter, they are actually sometimes penalized if they do.

Typing out a hand written response takes more time and time is money. They also make customer service reps fill out forms and account for time on each call or today, it would be email. If it takes too long per customer they also have to explain why.

To the companies that run the CS services, it's a matter of volume. To the companies who hire the CS companies, one customer will be replaced when the next comes along, so CS is mostly token and lip service. Only those who kick and struggle, get more.

Ask to speak with a manager, because usually the CS rep cannot authorize a hand written response tailored to a unique situation; if there is not a form letter, they usually can't reply with it. Only the manager can authorize or do more.

So kick and struggle and ask for a manager asap. That's my advice but good luck.
  • Options
    oheyhioheyhi Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hey,
    I had to switch phones recently from a galaxy 3 to my current note 5 and it took me a almost two full days of uninstalling and reinstalling kim k on my new phone before it actually worked. I followed the glu's directions super closely too. I even started all the quests I had lining up just to let them run out in order to get simon to give me side gigs. They didn't work. So I thought maybe it'll help if I unlinked kim k from google games on my old device. I'd signed out from my new phone and old phone. Then I did signed back in on both and installed kim k on my new phone. It transferred! But I did lose the prizes I'd earn on the weekend event with the red scarf (?) but I got all the quests I had quit back.
    Hopefully this'll help. If not, hopefully something else will work out.
  • Options
    KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    Oh Nai! I'm so sorry. Wishing you the best with this issue.
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
  • Options
    Thanks everyoneeeeeeeee <3

I have just messaged wacamoe, wish me luck!

If he doesn't reply or can't help, I will try Dot's method. If it doesn't work, I will try Charli's app. If that doesn't help, I will try asking for them to give me back all my exclusive items on my new game like DMV said.
    PM to add
  • Options
    BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    This is where Apple has actually gotten better. And it confuses me how many of you play more then 1 Apple game because my Apple came is saved on my Apple ID and cloud. I just had issues with a phone and it was swapped 4 times and each time my game was right where I left off. THANKFULLY! I had everything and wasn't missing anything.

Nai, I would start with Google. You game is/should be storing on their server for the transfer and it's not. Otherwise the new device would retrieve properly. Good luck.
    Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
    • Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
    • Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    • iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
  • Options
    AlkoholiksAlkoholiks Registered Users 545 Posts
    maybe try deleting kkh on new device. reboot or power down/up while still signed into google. then redownload kkh.

this stinks Nai hope you get it sorted!
    no i don't have any chill
  • Options
    twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
    Hi Nai,

I know you don't know me, but I want to say how sorry I am that you are having these issues.

It's ridiculous really...

I will be sending you positive vibes until this is all sorted out.

Please keep us updated.

Again, I am so sorry this is happening to you.

Most sincerely,
    Randi
    *what scares you most will set you free*
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck
  • Options
    Bobbie, I will keep that in mind, thank you.

Alk!! Thank you! I have tried that before while troubleshooting on my own but didn't work.

twofangs, now I know you : ) It's very nice of you, I appreciate it.
    PM to add
  • Options
    Update:

Yesterday night, I got more assistance from KK:H_Staff and wacamoe answered my call for help. We're working on it together currently and I'm waiting for the next steps now.

Hopefully a miracle happens.
    PM to add
  • Options
    AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Yay :) fingers, toes and everything crossed for you! Let's hope for a Christmas miracle!

#SaveJax
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • Options
    Yay Nai!

Sending good vibes to you and Jax!

OMG! Alks came back to help you! Good to see you buddy!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Fingers crossed for Jax! xo
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • Options
    PolkaDotPolkaDot Registered Users 1,226 Posts
    Update:

Yesterday night, I got more assistance from KK:H_Staff and wacamoe answered my call for help. We're working on it together currently and I'm waiting for the next steps now.

SO GLAD to see this, Naims!!!

Yayyyyyyyyyy!
  • Options
    Thank U!

Second missed event. With all these glitches, I am expecting my issue to take longer.

I will update here on any progress so anyone who has the same issues as me have hope too.
    PM to add
  • Options
    twofangstwofangs Registered Users 75 Posts
    Update:

That is the kinda news I wanna hear.:D

It is definitely time for a Noël miracle, dammit!!

Sending you the best kind of vibes I have, Nai.:)
    *what scares you most will set you free*
    ~ robyn hitchc0ck